Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ok folks,

Two tickets here for the RDS horse show up for grabs.

Only condition is that they will have to be collected in mullingar tomorrow evening as it's too late for posting them.

For Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

First time farmers on channel 4 at 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

.Kovu. wrote: »
    For Saturday?

Sat or sun

First time farmers on channel 4 at 10

Recording it for tomorrow....In bedsies

Sat or sun

I would....I have a way back to Dublin on Sunday morning, but I can't be sure. If they're still there tomorrow evening message me & I will take them off your hand & collect them en route:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Lads I got a cheque today it's a boi cheque and I'm with tsb and aib, don't suppose I can cash it can I?
    Do i have to wait for it to clear?! Normally I wouldn't be in a rush but I might go shopping in tullamore Sunday ;)

Lads I got a cheque today it's a boi cheque and I'm with tsb and aib, don't suppose I can cash it can I?
    Do i have to wait for it to clear?! Normally I wouldn't be in a rush but I might go shopping in tullamore Sunday ;)

Think it's 7 working days or something like that.

Anyways what ya thinking of buying me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

You'll have to lodge it to your account. And yes will take a few days to clear.

It's old hat now. Ibic and ban seems the way things will be going. Instant access to the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

God kovu and whelan that young wan would give ye a run for yer money!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Muckit wrote: »
    God kovu and whelan that young wan would give ye a run for yer money!! :)

What's your favourite tractor........fendt.
    She'd be hard kept

• Advertisement

Maybe it's a good thing so. But them the oh will be enquiring about the money.
    And as I learned here. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission :)

Think it's 7 working days or something like that.

Anyways what ya thinking of buying me :D

A walking stick
    :pac:

Ah I dunno now lads, she had to ask if she was pulling down the jack correctly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

First thing I noticed myself. She talks the talk alright.
    I admire her enthusiasm though!

I know, bit of a cringe if you bring her out on a saturday night and she acts like that though... (says me:pac::pac:!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

I know, bit of a cringe if you bring her out on a saturday night and she acts like that though... (says me:pac::pac:!)

Do you drink out of shoes?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

What's your calf mortality rate? I know a lad that would be a great match for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

What's your favourite tractor........fendt.
    She'd be hard kept

Had tractor names as table names at our wedding. There were a few city folk who commented at the idea later in the evening. I asked which table they were at, the reply was "at the fe-dent table"
    !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

We all had to learn to crawl before we could walk. At least she had the cop on to ask rather than taking a risk and doing it wrong.
    I know I was not too confident using a jack until I had jacked several calves.
    Seems to have a good attitude in fairness to her and hopefully that will get her through the many ups and downs that we all know are associated with keeping livestock.

A tongue in cheek comment Base Price, she's a far better dairy farmer than I am! And no....no I have never drank out of a shoe:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Base price wrote: »
    Seems to have a good attitude in fairness to her and hopefully that will get her through the many ups and downs that we all know are associated with keeping livestock.

The exuberance of youth I suppose. I'd say it's easy enough to be made look something you're not by judicious editing.
    She plays the Barbie roll, whether by her own or the producers design!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The exuberance of youth I suppose. I'd say it's easy enough to be made look something you're not by judicious editing.
    She plays the Barbie roll, whether by her own or the producers design!
    Probably producers influence for better ratings. To be honest I seldom watch reality shows particularly UK ones as they make me cringe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Had tractor names as table names at our wedding. There were a few city folk who commented at the idea later in the evening. I asked which table they were at, the reply was "at the fe-dent table"
    !

But I suppose the farming folk thought it was a Class idea. Was it a Case that the presents the guests brought were the Same or did some buy things they could not afford. Maybe yous went to Belarus on your honeymoon.
    Was there Deere or Lamborgini on the menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

But I suppose the farming folk thought it was a Class idea. Was it a Case that the presents the guests brought were the Same or did some buy things they could not afford. Maybe yous went to Belarus on your honeymoon.

You are wide awake this morning Daisy :D

A walking stick
    :pac:

Make it a good one

Bored are we

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Ah jayus daisy, you need to get a hobby:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

i had a quick chat with glanbia milk manager yesterday, he said it might be better for me to just wait and see what is going to happen to milk price before i go back, back in feb i could not milk enough cows for them,how quick things change.

leg wax wrote: »
    i had a quick chat with glanbia milk manager yesterday, he said it might be better for me to just wait and see what is going to happen to milk price before i go back, back in feb i could not milk enough cows for them,how quick things change.

Was afraid of the powers dropping the price at the end of quotas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭dzer2

Some amount of mushrooms today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

pure genius, should have asked you to help with my speech!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

leg wax wrote: »

I was talking to a lad in arrabawn and he said no bother to start milking
    A mate was saying to ring back and tell him I had cows bought and was ready to start supplying in a few weeks and his tune would change . Might be just a tactic to make you feel grateful for them taking it !
    Are you still going to start up when you had planned anyhow ?

Have Christmas songs stuck in my head all morning. Was going round Lidl humming Let it Snow and getting some very odd looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

moy83 wrote: »
    I was talking to a lad in arrabawn and he said no bother to start milking
    A mate was saying to ring back and tell him I had cows bought and was ready to start supplying in a few weeks and his tune would change . Might be just a tactic to make you feel grateful for them taking it !
    Are you still going to start up when you had planned anyhow ?

Was talking to a lakeland supplier yesterday and he was saying he's holding off signing their 3 year supply contract.. He said there is no mention of price which is putting him off signing... What's the incentive for lads to sign if milk price is left open ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

will there be an advance payment of the sfp in october this year, has it been confirmed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Have Christmas songs stuck in my head all morning. Was going round Lidl humming Let it Snow and getting some very odd looks.
    fecking kids songs get stuck in my head, doc mc stuffins was there for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭piebaldskwbald

anyone watching the horse show? :P

Are you there?

Are you there?

Not this year, unfortunately! First year in many that I've missed it :( Herd test tomorrow morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Not this year, unfortunately! First year in many that I've missed it :( Herd test tomorrow morning!
    do they test on a Saturday down your way? only test mon and Tuesday up here and read on thur and fri

• Advertisement

trixi2011 wrote: »
    do they test on a Saturday down your way?

They sure do, no rest for the wicked down south :P

They sure do, no rest for the wicked down south :P
    good luck with the test always good to get it over and done with

good luck with the test always good to get it over and done with

Don't know which I am more worried about, potential escapee's or failing!

Don't know which I am more worried about, potential escapee's or failing!
    Have ye a few show jumping cows that are likely to escape ? Not much point worrying not much you can do about it

How did we look :D

How did we look :D
    What are ye lad up to at the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Stay away from those mushrooms - you never know what yere eating ;)

Have ye a few show jumping cows that are likely to escape ? Not much point worrying not much you can do about it

Too many show jumping charlies... and an even worse bull. It's usually a grand performance when we try and get them into the crush!

Too many show jumping charlies... and an even worse bull. It's usually a grand performance when we try and get them into the crush!
    rather you than me:P had one last week here had 210 dairy cows test in two hours was nearly relaxing

rather you than me:P had one last week here had 210 dairy cows test in two hours was nearly relaxing

Aren't you just lucky... Blood testing dairy cows is a dream too B) don't know how many near misses I've had from being jabbed by needles blooding sucklers! Some right mad ones...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement