Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ok folks what sort of a little **** am I dealing with here.

Clucking hen in a run seen below. Have blocks all around the base of the wire but today I noticed a chick plus an egg was missing :mad:

There's a river about 300m away.

Is there a roof on the run?

Magpie or grey crow would be capable of this. Couldn't rule Mink out either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

whelan2 wrote: »
    does anyone know? Have a job i want to do and it would depend on when payment is coming?

I would be surprised if its not paid early, but there's no pressure on him to announce it....normal year, no bad weather etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

No roof on this run but one on the main one. Hardly rats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Ok folks what sort of a little **** am I dealing with here.

Clucking hen in a run seen below. Have blocks all around the base of the wire but today I noticed a chick plus an egg was missing :mad:

There's a river about 300m away.

A rat I would say

Would you call that free range?

dzer2 wrote: »
    A rat I would say

She was in there for protection with the chicks but the hell good that did her. The rest are running around like mad around the yard. That's 3 chicks I lost this year the b*****ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

She was in there for protection with the chicks but the hell good that did her. The rest are running around like mad around the yard. That's 3 chicks I lost this year the b*****ds

Put netting over top of run as well.

gozunda wrote: »
    Put netting over top of run as well.

Yeah looking like I may have to

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

dzer2 wrote: »
    A rat I would say

The rat probably thought so.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,857 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

magpies and crows are fookers, the crows took our duck eggs that where nearly ready to hatch....could also be a cat, one of our cats took chicks from under the hen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

does anyone know? Have a job i want to do and it would depend on when payment is coming?

Usually announced before the ploughing so we all think that the minister for ag is great. ;-)

• Advertisement

td5man wrote: »
    Usually announced before the ploughing so we all think that the minister for ag is great. ;-)
    ye was just thinking that after.... normally we get it in october so we can pay our tax bills:rolleyes:

greysides wrote: »
    The rat probably thought so.

Hey hey keep it country grey :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Gecking weather. Was putting in foundations for a small shed extension today. Of course they brought a wet mix after being asked for a dry mix as it is a stepped foundation. Then it pissed rain in the afternoon. Trying to do jobs at weekends rather than when it's right to do is a curse of a job.

The chipper and the golf on the TV will cheer me up.

sea12 wrote: »
    Gecking weather. Was putting in foundations for a small shed extension today. Of course they brought a wet mix after being asked for a dry mix as it is a stepped foundation. Then it pissed rain in the afternoon. Trying to do jobs at weekends rather than when it's right to do is a curse of a job.

The chipper and the golf on the TV will cheer me up.
    Always the way

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭piebaldskwbald

The weather better improve or tullamore will be a pond tomorrow! Floods here already!

The weather better improve or tullamore will be a pond tomorrow! Floods here already!

Looks ok till around 4 pm anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭piebaldskwbald

Looks ok till around 4 pm anyways

That'll do :D

That'll do :D

Don't quote me tho

That's me covered :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Don't quote me tho

That's me covered :D

Is it wet up around tullamore today ? Today is a smasher here in galway .
    I dont fancy bringing the young lads around if its too mucky underfoot

• Advertisement

moy83 wrote: »
    Is it wet up around tullamore today ? Today is a smasher here in galway .
    I dont fancy bringing the young lads around if its too mucky underfoot

It was grand here in mullingar till about 5 mins ago. Bit of a shower now. Supposed to be dry overnight and most of tomorrow. I'm sure the ground can take it as most of the work should be done on site already

It was grand here in mullingar till about 5 mins ago. Bit of a shower now. Supposed to be dry overnight and most of tomorrow. I'm sure the ground can take it as most of the work should be done on site already

It shouldn't be too bad so , we will probably head up . I might see you there

It shouldn't be too bad so , we will probably head up . I might see you there

Would be a pleasure....only thing is this shower has suddemly decided to become a downpour here

Would be a pleasure....only thing is this shower has suddemly decided to become a downpour here

It mightn't be as bad over the road . Just have to wait and see what the morning brings I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

In Sligo town for 'Sligo Live',great atmosphere around in lead up to Fleadh,lovely sunny day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

In Sligo town for 'Sligo Live',great atmosphere around in lead up to Fleadh,lovely sunny day.

Jeez if the rain we got in Laois also landed in tullamore today they will be in bother. Unbelievable showers today.

• Advertisement

anyone on here use the electronic cigarettes? Are they anywhere like a normal cigarette. Was in local earlier and there was a good few people with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

anyone on here use the electronic cigarettes? Are they anywhere like a normal cigarette. Was in local earlier and there was a good few people with them

Hate the sight of the bloody things after being at a comedy gig in dub lately and having some ignorant b**** infront of us sucking down on one every couple of minutes then blowing it back over her shoulder directly into our faces.... Was bad enough when they say infront before they started that craic... The guy had long hair that was stuck together it was so greasy and i dont mean like wax.... You can imagine the rest.....

Zr105 wrote: »
    Hate the sight of the bloody things after being at a comedy gig in dub lately and having some ignorant b**** infront of us sucking down on one every couple of minutes then blowing it back over her shoulder directly into our faces.... Was bad enough when they say infront before they started that craic... The guy had long hair that was stuck together it was so greasy and i dont mean like wax.... You can imagine the rest.....
    Awwww stop :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Awwww stop :eek:

Oh yes!! And i forgot about the constant rummaging in the bag to pull out there bottles and standing up to pass them/the opener back and forth between them....

I don't know , some people say they are a good job but I know one or two lads that reckoned they weren't any help at all .
    I would feel like a right twat sucking on them in a pub though , sure all the craic is in the smoking area anyhow !

• Advertisement

I don't know , some people say they are a good job but I know one or two lads that reckoned they weren't any help at all .
    I would feel like a right twat sucking on them in a pub though , sure all the craic is in the smoking area anyhow !

Alot of people are on them nowadays

Alot of people are on them nowadays

I would want to put a stir in myself to get off them . They would have to be better than the real ones I suppose

oh has a toothache, the christmas whiskey bottle has just come out of the press, great job he says...any other ideas?

I would want to put a stir in myself to get off them . They would have to be better than the real ones I suppose
    but are they?

oh has a toothache, the christmas whiskey bottle has just come out of the press, great job he says...any other ideas?

Pliers when he's drunk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Poteen

but are they?

I dont know , if I ever swap over ill let ye know if there's a difference in my wheezing :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Oil of cloves applied with a Q tip.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

I dont know , if I ever swap over ill let ye know if there's a difference in my wheezing :eek:

Wouldn't worry about that as I wheeze while running and never smoked

Poteen
    he's on bushmills, i foresee a wicked hangover, on his second go now, says its great:o. Greysides i said to put a clove on it and he didnt want anything near it

• Advertisement

he's on bushmills, i foresee a wicked hangover, on his second go now, says its great:o. Greysides i said to put a clove on it and he didnt want anything near it

Revenge will be sweet in the morning :D

he's having another one to cure his tonsils now, toothache is gone:)

he's having another one to cure his tonsils now, toothache is gone:)

Be careful tonight that he doesn't get "excited" ;)

Be careful tonight that he doesn't get "excited" ;)
    i think that is the least of my problems

i think that is the least of my problems

Your saying that now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Give him the right hook, that should sort it

Super day again today,

Super day again today,

Elbow in the face will get the message across alright :D

Super day again today,
    will try it, but i think he is well under the influence now. Will say you told me to:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

you should have seen the lad driving the loais hire teleporter on Friday :rolleyes:

he was trying his best to bury the machine :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

It's clove oil he needs, not the clove itself. You get clove oil in the chemist, I think about a fiver for a small bottle. It's great stuff for killing fish too, if you happen to harbour a grudge against a fish:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement