Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

you should have seen the lad driving the loais hire teleporter on Friday :rolleyes:

he was trying his best to bury the machine :o

Begging for a roof was he.... whats the grounds like in tullamore the last time you were there?

whelan2 wrote: »
    will try it, but i think he is well under the influence now. Will say you told me to:D

Yeah see how far that gets ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

will try it, but i think he is well under the influence now. Will say you told me to:D

the mother is on one of them e-cigs. on it about 10 months and she hasn't touched a carrolls since.

on the toothache - let him suffer and go to the dentist Monday. I had the same last summer . drove me mad. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Well he won't remember much so, you might as well give him the left too while you are at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Reggie. wrote: »
    No roof on this run but one on the main one. Hardly rats?

Sounds like Magpie's handywork !!
    We were scourged earlier in the summer, Mags would go into coop, lift eggs in their beaks, back out door of coop, through wire of run, off and have a right royal feast..
    They'd have the four eggs gone within minutes of chickens laying them..

Borrowed a larsen trap from gun club and problem sorted :cool:

Check out this video, not ours but you see how they manage..
    http://youtu.be/0w0UHK4Vrlo

• Advertisement

Begging for a roof was he.... whats the grounds like in tullamore the last time you were there?

I was there Friday from 1 - 530pm . ground was in super condition. A nice short covering of grass. the whole site is on a gravel quarry sure.

a roof? more like a boot up the hole. He was dreadful for a lad who should have a ticket to drive one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Well he won't remember much so, you might as well give him the left too while you are at it

Ah is there no love in you charlie ? The man has a toothache , its a roll in the hay he needs to get over it not a clatter :D

Must be some craic in your room at night :D

If ye don't have clove oil see if he'll bite down on a clove itself, this will ease the pain... Clove oil is what was used before anaesthetic was available.. Works - ive used it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Don't forget the Super Moon tonight. 13% brighter! We'll get 13% madder than normal:eek:

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    Sounds like Magpie's handywork !!
    We were scourged earlier in the summer, Mags would go into coop, lift eggs in their beaks, back out door of coop, through wire of run, off and have a right royal feast..
    They'd have the four eggs gone within minutes of chickens laying them..

Borrowed a larsen trap from gun club and problem sorted :cool:

Check out this video, not ours but you see how they manage..
    http://youtu.be/0w0UHK4Vrlo

The b******d. Never seen any mags around tho. If I see even one its war. I though the hen would fight them off at least and never heard of a mags taking a chick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,857 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

think he has had enough whiskey now,only pain relief in house is disprin, calpol or kids nurofen.. ...

think he has had enough whiskey now,only pain relief in house is disprin, calpol or kids nurofen.. ...

Saturday night. surely he is on "a promise" , that will make him sleep :cool:

Don't forget the Super Moon tonight. 13% brighter! We'll get 13% madder than normal:eek:

Ah sure that's a normal sat night :)

The b******d. Never seen any mags around tho. If I see even one its war. I though the hen would fight them off at least and never heard of a mags taking a chick

Nope.. hens definitely get upset but don't fight them off..
    I've heard of them eating chicks, my mam told me she say one eating a chick from a nest at her house this summer..

I've heard of them eating chicks, my mam told me she say one eating a chick from a nest at her house this summer..

Oh let me see one around the place

moy83 wrote: »
    Ah is there no love in you charlie ? The man has a toothache , its a roll in the hay he needs to get over it not a clatter :D

Couple of slaps is great foreplay moy, isn't that how it works in eyre square moy:D

Couple of slaps is great foreplay moy, isn't that how it works in eyre square moy:D

Followed by being dragged home by the ankles

Was thinking of sticking the rooster in as security but he might do more damage than good in there

went down to the chipper at 10pm and got a lunchbox. jaysus im stuffed.

• Advertisement

went down to the chipper at 10pm and got a lunchbox. jaysus im stuffed.

Sow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

anyone on here use the electronic cigarettes? Are they anywhere like a normal cigarette. Was in local earlier and there was a good few people with them

Have a few friends on them, great job they say,they haven't smoked in over a year. I gave them up just over 2 years ago but I used the nicorette inhaler and it worked great, weaned myself off that after a couple of months. The E cigs really feel like the real thing, very same hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

All well and good until they start using the high heels to slap with :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

anyone on here use the electronic cigarettes? Are they anywhere like a normal cigarette. Was in local earlier and there was a good few people with them

40 a day went cold Turkey January 12 haven't looked back since thought about using the electronic ones but decided against them bit like giving up sugar in your tea and using candarel instead clean break best thing

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Only in, what a night!

Damo810 wrote: »
    Only in, what a night!

What were you upto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

It's mornings like this that make me feel glad il be in bed half the day! Rain tapping on the window keeping me awake

visatorro wrote: »
    It's mornings like this that make me feel glad il be in bed half the day! Rain tapping on the window keeping me awake
    had a lie on myself this morning, had window open , love hearing the rain outside knowing im all cosy inside my bed

had a lie on myself this morning, had window open , love hearing the rain outside knowing im all cosy inside my bed

So how's the OH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Its a savage morning her don't think it rained all night.
    Might have to borrow your gun Reggie there's a lad from lative/Poland a few doors up from me who's in to his cars and all his friends do call at 2 or 3 o clock with there f1ucking cars and they all have loud exhausts.
    Its one thing being g woke by my young lad but these lads are starting to take the piss

So how's the OH
    he's still in bed, think the anaesthetic is still working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

he's still in bed, think the anaesthetic is still working

Did he get what he was looking for ?

Relief from the pain I ment .......,..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I leave ye alone for one night....ONE NIGHT and look what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

.Kovu. wrote: »
    I leave ye alone for one night....ONE NIGHT and look what happens.

Few lads on here in heat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Few lads on here in heat
    How is your dogs paw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I found a thing
    RPIk6kTl.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Just be aware that it's an import. Good and bad.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

greysides wrote: »
    Just be aware that it's an import. Good and bad.
    ours is an import

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

ours is an import

Mine was too. Generally they were in better condition for age than native models, and better specced but while there was a lot of parts overlap some parts had to be ordered and waited for. An older model is going to need more maintenance.

One of the last of the 4x4's that actually looked like they could 'live the life'.

It's a pity the current Toyota LandCruiser 70 series isn't imported into this country.

Toyota_LandCruiser_70_Series_group1_large.jpg?OpenElement

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Ya know ya had one too many when ya can't get into the house cos ya bent the key and the next option was break the glass in the door, and also your jacket is left in the middle of the yard haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Il be having another lie on in the morning. Didn't stir til half three today!

simx wrote: »
    Ya know ya had one too many when ya can't get into the house cos ya bent the key and the next option was break the glass in the door, and also your jacket is left in the middle of the yard haha

At least it was your own house you were trying to get in, or was it

visatorro wrote: »
    Il be having another lie on in the morning. Didn't stir til half three today!
    lucky you, a lie on for me was 8 o clock

At least it was your own house you were trying to get in, or was it

It was yeah, ya wouldn't generally count in the cost of windows when going out ha

........... or the trip to the locksmith.

Adam Grant

at least his coat is ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

Friend of mine gave over 100 euros for a room at a wedding and fell asleep on the jacks. Another friend coundnt find his room and fell asleep in the coridoor.

Not too badly bent, have it back right now, don't need it to open door at the moment anyway

Fcuking dead bird on my doorstep this morning and no ye smart arses it had a beak and feathers,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement