Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

mf240 wrote: »
    Friend of mine gave over 100 euros for a room at a wedding and fell asleep on the jacks. Another friend coundnt find his room and fell asleep in the coridoor.
    paid 260 -i think- for a room in the shellbourne at a wedding a few years ago, would have slept in a cubicle shed, room was totally wasted on us:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Fcuking dead bird on my doorstep this morning and no ye smart arses it had a beak and feathers,

Would we do such a thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Reggie. wrote: »
    Would we do such a thing :)

Well if ye cut poor lakills tent, then yes

Well if ye cut poor lakills tent, then yes

How dare you sir :D

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Fcuking dead bird on my doorstep this morning and no ye smart arses it had a beak and feathers,

Jesus your one kinky fecker altogether Charlie! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

Just after seeing the spacestation flying across the sky. Very impressive sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Just back in from watching the ISS passing by.. Sky cleared enough to see it and the ATV supply vehicle passing us all by at 17,000mph.

Took about 4 minutes to track across the sky..

We got our eldest daughter up out of bed to see it and it was very exciting to watch..

Beaut of a moon out there too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

_Brian wrote: »
    Just back in from watching the ISS passing by.. Sky cleared enough to see it and the ATV supply vehicle passing us all by at 17,000mph.

We got our eldest daughter up out of bed to see it and it was very exciting to watch..

I watched it also .

tanko wrote: »
    Just after seeing the spacestation flying across the sky. Very impressive sight.

Missed it again dammit

• Advertisement

Missed it again dammit

Like everything else in the world now.... "there's an app"
    You can set it to give you a 5 minute heads up of when its visable at your location..

I watched it also .
    Tough luck on the marq' today.. hope business was good anyway !!

That must be what killed the bird on my doorstep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

That must be what killed the bird on my doorstep

Hey Charlie, every time I read your posts I read them in the voice of Glen Quagmire :-)

.Kovu. wrote: »
    I found a thing
    RPIk6kTl.jpg

I'd be loosing that thing...

Did ya buy ?

Like everything else in the world now.... "there's an app"
    You can set it to give you a 5 minute heads up of when its visable at your location..

It is flying by at 2357

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Hey Charlie, every time I read your posts I read them in the voice of Glen Quagmire :-)

Gigity gigity :D

Anything is better than an Offaly accent:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Tough luck on the marq' today.. hope business was good anyway !!

no harm done and to be honest it was horrible weather at the time

Got on well considering our poor location and the weather. Back next year.

5 weeks to NPA

no harm done and to be honest it was horrible weather at the time

Got on well considering our poor location and the weather. Back next year.

5 weeks to NPA
    Still waiting on my coffee

Jaysus I missed it again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

It is flying by at 2357

After seeing it going by. Also saw couple of shooting stars/meteors. Makes me realise how insignificant we are in the whole scale of things. It's a vast place out there.

After seeing it going by. Also saw couple of shooting stars/meteors. Makes me realise how insignificant we are in the whole scale of things. It's a vast place out there.

I'll get it tomorrow evening I suppose

I'll get it tomorrow evening I suppose

If only you knew someone that might give you the loan of a tent you could stay in it for the night:D

If only you knew someone that might give you the loan of a tent you could stay in it for the night:D

One that would stay up would be nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Are those stars shooting the birds.;)

The auld neighbours came in to give me a hand with the lawn this morning :D

And so to the schoolboy line about him once waking up in a tent and him not even out camping:o

And so to the schoolboy line about him once waking up in a tent and him not even out camping:o

And Daisy drags us back into the gutter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

The auld neighbours came in to give me a hand with the lawn this morning :D

Very posh

Oh we have a stand off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Oh we have a stand off

Think you would close the gate and keep them off the road :p

moy83 wrote: »
    Think you would close the gate and keep them off the road :p

Run them back up to the neighbours field is my next job

Run them back up to the neighbours field is my next job

I would leave them there and take a week off from cutting the lawn !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

You've to pay extra for those.:D

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

I would leave them there and take a week off from cutting the lawn !

They left enough **** behind them anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

They left enough **** behind them anyways

Balls of ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

I wonder what put that in your mind at that early in the day :p

Zr105 wrote: »
    I wonder what put that in your mind at that early in the day :p

Wouldn't take much I'd say :p

Do some of ye throw dose on top of the nuts as a handy way of dosing ?
    Ive a few bullocks in a spot without a crush and it would be handy if I could do it that way . Is there any particular dose ye use that they like the taste of and won't leave after them . Its mainly for worms but I wouldn't mind using something for fluke and worms together . Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Ive a few bullocks in a spot without a crush and it would be handy if I could do it that way . Is there any particular dose ye use that they like the taste of and won't leave after them . Its mainly for worms but I wouldn't mind using something for fluke and worms together . Thanks
    Would you be able to do them with pour-on as they were eating nuts, you wound need to be using a gun rather than a bottle tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭visatorro

i was doin three or four dry cows together. zanil and endospec. most of them ate it fine cause they are big hungry lumps that would go thru you for a bucket of meal. then another batch of two i think threw their noses up at it. dunno how it would work with bigger group. sure try it, what could possibly go wrong.

trixi2011 wrote: »
    Would you be able to do them with pour-on as they were eating nuts, you wound need to be using a gun rather than a bottle tho
    I doubt they would stand quiet but I could chance them like that over a few evenings .
    visatorro wrote: »
    i was doin three or four dry cows together. zanil and endospec. most of them ate it fine cause they are big hungry lumps that would go thru you for a bucket of meal. then another batch of two i think threw their noses up at it. dunno how it would work with bigger group. sure try it, what could possibly go wrong.

There is only 7 of them but what I would imagine could go wrong would be a couple of the bigger lads might get more than they should and the smaller lads would get shag all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

I do know of someone who added drench to the milk in a calf feeder that you tow behind the quad and ended up killing a few calves. She had done it a dozen times before to.

C0N0R wrote: »
    I do know of someone who added drench to the milk in a calf feeder that you tow behind the quad and ended up killing a few calves. She had done it a dozen times before to.

Well I think thats the mixing it with nuts idea out so I reckon :D Two of them are the old lads and they are surley the ones I'd do damage on .
    It would be worth a shot if I was feeding them individual buckets but I'll probably just go with a pouron and hope they will stand good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Well I think thats the mixing it with nuts idea out so I reckon :D Two of them are the old lads and they are surley the ones I'd do damage on .
    It would be worth a shot if I was feeding them individual buckets but I'll probably just go with a pouron and hope they will stand good enough

Now I'm not saying for a second anything would go wrong but it could just be that one out of a hundred time that something could!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Just back in from putting out boxfulls of dung on part of a field that the hill is too steep for the muck spreader. My bones are shaken out of me cause I am not heavy enough for the suspension seat on the tractor and the mechanism that adjusts it is broken. It was bong, bong, bong down the hill, even my arse is sore ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Base price wrote: »
    It was bong, bong, bong down the hill, even my arse is sore ;)

Doing the Angelus going down the field! :D

C0N0R wrote: »
    Now I'm not saying for a second anything would go wrong but it could just be that one out of a hundred time that something could!

Im usually the one out of the hundred that things go tits up for though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Base price wrote: »
    Just back in from putting out boxfulls of dung on part of a field that the hill is too steep for the muck spreader. My bones are shaken out of me cause I am not heavy enough for the suspension seat on the tractor and the mechanism that adjusts it is broken. It was bong, bong, bong down the hill, even my arse is sore ;)

We had that on or tractor put a block of square timber under the seat where u adjust the mechanism yoke it stops the bong bong of the seat on your hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

naughto wrote: »
    We had that on or tractor put a block of square timber under the seat where u adjust the mechanism yoke it stops the bong bong of the seat on your hole
    wehave a football under the seat of our tractor

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement