Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

No electricity
    Cow with massive nosebleed
    Cows broke out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    No electricity
    Cow with massive nosebleed
    Cows broke out

And all before breakfast....nice

Is this that japs weed thingy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Joe Pye Weed :P

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Joe Pye Weed :P

Well it's taking over around here

Reggie. wrote: »

You can eat the entire plant!
    Also used for headache, hysteria, impotence, indigestion, intermittent fever, sciatica, sore throat, urine retention, vomiting, asthma, chronic coughs, colds, typhus fever

:p

You can eat the entire plant!

Nah ill pass on that until the zombie apocalypse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Hopefully it will not smother out your ragweed:D

Hopefully it will not smother out your ragweed:D

That's a grouge match I would pay to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

That's Rosebay Willowherb. Epilobium aug. It's all along the river corridoor, very widespread.

The invasive one is Japanese Knotweed, (and a few other crosses of it) it's huge, 2-3 meters high at this time of year. Sort of Bamboo like hollow stems, big leaves, the size of your hand.
    It's not that widespread. Yet. But I'm seeing more and more of it about. It's as hard to control as Docks, maybe harder!

http://invasivespeciesireland.com/most-unwanted-species/established/terrestrial/japanese-knotweed

Another one to be on the lookout for is Himalyan Balsam, in flower at the moment in a great pink flower, again 2 or 3 meters high. It can easily be pulled, has nearly no root structure. Is easy to kill.

I think it would be a good subject for a thread. This whole invasive thing is gonna bite us all very badly if not dealt with.

I have the invasive species app on my phone and I upload every sighting I see!
    http://www.fisheriesireland.ie/Invasive-species-news/ifi-invasive-species-app.html

Found a venue and date for our meet up :D
    The 34th International Naturist Congress will take place in Ireland from 11th to 14th September 2014 in Lough Allen Spa Hotel, Drumshanbo, Co Leitrim.. This is the first time the congress of naturists will be held in Ireland. It is understood that if the hotel is booked out by attendees, they will have the entire property to themselves and will be able to use the facilities in the nude

I'm there :D

I'm there :D

Don't quite know how I managed it Reggie but if you click the button next to LeitrimObserver to bring it to the quote site, it brings up a comment of yours:pac::D

Don't quite know how I managed it Reggie but if you click the button next to LeitrimObserver to bring it to the quote site, it brings up a comment of yours:pac::D

No button there

No button there

The blue arrow.

• Advertisement

I was on the touch site but sorted now

That is so not good ;)
    The quote kinda fits :)

I was on the touch site but sorted now

That is so not good ;)
    The quote kinda fits :)

Powerhose them before they're let loose!

Powerhose them before they're let loose!

WHELAN!!!!!! Where's that woman when ya need her :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

That's Willow herb aka fireweed. Nothing near close to that evil bastardo JKW

Willow herb is native and there are a few different varieties. The reason it was called fireweed is that it often grows on ground that has been burned previously. Fairly good insect / bee value but also fairly easy to get rid of....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Found a venue and date for our meet up
    The 34th International Naturist Congress will take place in Ireland from 11th to 14th September 2014 in Lough Allen Spa Hotel, Drumshanbo, Co Leitrim.. This is the first time the congress of naturists will be held in Ireland. It is understood that if the hotel is booked out by attendees, they will have the entire property to themselves and will be able to use the facilities in the nude

father-ted-careful-now.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Have a calf here, wheezing, like he has a chest infection or that he's snoring, noticed it there while he was eating meal, wasn't coughing, no sign of scour and condition is alright, any ideas what it could be?

Damo810 wrote: »
    Have a calf here, wheezing, like he has a chest infection or that he's snoring, noticed it there while he was eating meal, wasn't coughing, no sign of scour and condition is alright, any ideas what it could be?

Lungworm maybe or early signs of pneumonia

pneumonia it is, talking to the vet there, they also need a dose for lungworms/worms, he recommended anamectin pour on, what would be considered best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

pneumonia it is, talking to the vet there, they also need a dose for lungworms/worms, he recommended anamectin pour on, what would be considered best?

I would use Levacide, it's a slow kill & you don't want to burden his lungs at this stage with a mass amount of dead/dying worms

after a couple of weeks use your pour on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

jt65 wrote: »
    I would use Levacide, it's a slow kill & you don't want to burden his lungs at this stage with a mass amount of dead/dying worms

after a couple of weeks use your pour on

It's not.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

greysides wrote: »
    It's not.

I just dribbled a bit of Chan Broadspec on top of the nuts for a few bullocks , I'm waiting to see do they clean it all out of the trough now . Think will there ever be a palatable powder you could sprinkle out like that to dose them with ? Something that could be a bit loose with dosage rates would be handy !
    I know its a bit lazy !

have a lad fixing up sheds that where damaged in wind a while ago, he put a tex hex screw through the main esb cable :eek::eek: blew the 100amp main fuse and he is fine, power back on now.

have a lad fixing up sheds that where damaged in wind a while ago, he put a tex hex screw through the main esb cable :eek::eek: blew the 100amp main fuse and he is fine, power back on now.

Lucky enough , I suppose thats what the fuses are for

moy83 wrote: »
    Lucky enough , I suppose thats what the fuses are for
    ye but elcb should have blwn first. no electricity in house, kids didnt know what to be doing with no tv etc, its hard for them to realise how much we rely on electricity

ye but elcb should have blwn first. no electricity in house, kids didnt know what to be doing with no tv etc, its hard for them to realise how much we rely on electricity

When the boys here annoy me arguing over the tv or computer games I lose the head and give them" a technology free " day . Anything with a plug or battery is off limits and I don't give a crap how they entertain themselves after .
    Its no harm for them every now and then

• Advertisement

When the boys here annoy me arguing over the tv or computer games I lose the head and give them" a technology free " day . Anything with a plug or battery is off limits and I don't give a crap how they entertain themselves after .
    Its no harm for them every now and then

No harm at all

Dear Santa.........:D

Oh it gets ya all tingly in the nether regions :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning and nothing has gone according to plan since as "things" interrupted my progress . I was supposed to be finishing off spreading dung this morning, dosing and coppering some calves, picking through another batch of calves and regrading them into two different batches. None of it done :(
    I want to get a lot of jobs done before the end of next week (including drawing the turf) as I will be away from here for a while.

It's a nice trailer alright ;)

Errrrr.......whatever floats your boat I guess!:eek:

Base price wrote: »
    Got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning and nothing has gone according to plan since as "things" interrupted my progress . I was supposed to be finishing off spreading dung this morning, dosing and coppering some calves, picking through another batch of calves and regrading them into two different batches. None of it done :(
    I want to get a lot of jobs done before the end of next week (including drawing the turf) as I will be away from here for a while.
    here's your twin, had a crap day today:( anyway tomorrow is another day

That's the spirit

It's a nice trailer alright ;)

You see that right there proves you have no taste in machinery :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

See the women were bet in the rugby. Honestly thought they would get the job done.

• Advertisement

You see that right there proves you have no taste in machinery :p

That picture up there proves you like Valtra's. I bet that yoke has a nice Sisu engine!

That picture up there proves you like Valtra's. I bet that yoke has a nice Sisu engine!

Now your just grasping at straws

Now your just grasping at straws

The truth is always hard to hear! :D

The truth is always hard to hear! :D

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

is the cow ok ?

jt65 wrote: »
    is the cow ok ?
    ye got vet, said it was just like a nosebleed a human would have and to wait and see, he gave her vitamin k. serious amount of blood though, he said if the blood was coming from both nostrils it would be a factory job. It stopped around lunch time

• Advertisement

Got a phone call to bring my aunts cat to be put down on Friday. I get all the fun jobs :(:(

Got a phone call to bring my aunts cat to be put down on Friday. I get all the fun jobs :(:(

Your the strong one in the family

Your the strong one in the family

Not really, I am just the pet person and they all like me. Cat is a sour puss (no pun intended) to everyone else so it will prob be easiest on him for me to bring him in.

Don't forget to bring her back a kitten . I was in the vets today and a woman was coming out after getting her dog put down , she was woeful upset but after putting the dog in the boot she came back in to pay . It took the poor devil ages to get the laser card in and her number right .
    How much are ye paying for Alamycin LA actually ? I paid €33 today but for some reason thought it was only around €15 the last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Don't forget to bring her back a kitten . I was in the vets today and a woman was coming out after getting her dog put down , she was woeful upset but after putting the dog in the boot she came back in to pay . It took the poor devil ages to get the laser card in and her number right .
    How much are ye paying for Alamycin LA actually ? I paid €33 today but for some reason thought it was only around €15 the last time

I would think €15 would be about the mark or even a shake less

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement