Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Have a QA audit Monday, so off out to do a bit of tidying and worry about what could be wrong till then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

simx wrote: »
    Have a QA audit Monday, so off out to do a bit of tidying and worry about what could be wrong till then :D

Sure would ya not just sit back and let the wind blow all the rubbish away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Has anyone heard of preliminary results of the sexed semen trial. Is it working or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Has anyone heard of preliminary results of the sexed semen trial. Is it working or not

Think its working well enough tbh. Not alot if bulls coming from the sexed straws I here.
    Will be a fee years yet before it really starts to be used a lot I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭case 956

fire lit and watching tom and jerry with the little niece, hate the thoughts of having to milk in over a hr, the coldand rain is shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

case 956 wrote: »
    fire lit and watching tom and jerry with the little niece, hate the thoughts of having to milk in over a hr, the coldand rain is shocking
    got a load of work done today, weather not as bad here as other parts of the country

Two mountain ash trees down in the garden. Rough weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭case 956

biddy2013 wrote: »
    got a load of work done today, weather not as bad here as other parts of the country

well biddy the wind here the last hour is frightful to say the least, I see a neighbour that 22 stone with his pockets filled of rocks :D incase it lift him it that bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Very bad wind here soaked to the skin, and I left my waterproof trousers in another lads house last night after finished milking 😡, see the canopy on middle of slatted shed starting to come off, my plans of doing a bit of tidying up around the place for QA audit are well gone out the window, electricity just back now thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Two mountain ash trees down in the garden. Rough weather

Bring the chainsaw in by the fire and start sharpening the chain! And if your mother says anything, divert her attention by asking did she get a new butterdish yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Limofarmer

Anyone having any trouble loging in to icbf ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Limofarmer wrote: »
    Anyone having any trouble loging in to icbf ?

ICBF Bull search aint working either. It must have blown away!

There's a neighbours here that must have been talking to Delaval, he has topless cubicles.

Problem is, they weren't topless yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Talked to a man only 2 hours ago about it. He'd 13 female calves out of 14 born and was happy with conception rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

just do it wrote: »
    Talked to a man only 2 hours ago about it. He'd 13 female calves out of 14 born and was happy with conception rates.
    I got a letter asking would i be interested in a sexed semen trial for beef this year, with a list of some of the bulls available, i didnt think it was that bad of a list. I spent too much on the last bull and its getting like an ai station round here at the moent to try it, but if i was ai'ing i would try it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I will never complain about taking stitches out of cows again. Took them out of the neighbours cat there now (he had an ear removed)
    At least I don't have to sit on a spitting cow while owners hide the other side of the kitchen:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Everyone must be out nailing down sheets of galvanise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Muckit wrote: »
    Everyone must be out nailing down sheets of galvanise

Bodacious will be wanting to weld the gutter to the shed after this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Man who captured thieves on film forced to remove footage from website
    Wed, 12 Feb 2014
    The Data Protection Commissioner has instructed the founder of a website - which posts CCTV footage of criminals in the act of crimes - to remove the footage.

Robert Waters set up crimecctv.com earlier this month in an effort to raise awareness about the burgalary on his house in Killiney, Co Dublin on December 12.

The CCTV footage shows the thieves climbing the wall outside his house, breaking entry into his house through the back window and leaving again four minutes later.

The four thieves took his wife’s jewellery, small electric items, his phone, and money after ransacking his house.

He told RTE’s Liveline today: “There were four people jumping over the wall of my property. They were masked and they were gloved.”

“They all entered into my house and they left within four minutes.”

“Gardai have acknowledged it as a crime event,” he said.

To his surprise, Mr Waters received a letter from the Data Protection Commissioner, asking that he remove the footage from his website.

The letter told Mr Waters that he doesn’t have permission to make the footage public, because of protection under the law.

“The images that are captured on film are personal data,” the letter said.

Today, Mr Waters said: “Unless I get the criminal’s consent, I’m committing a crime,”

“It is a crazy situation. Every person that I’ve said this to has said ‘I can’t believe it’…it’s purely based on an effort to end crime in your community.”

“It’s supported by hundreds, if not thousands, of people.”

“It’s personal household CCTV footage. I put the cameras up during the summer as part of a home improvement project.”

“I just missed these [burglars] by seconds. We had just left the house. We missed them in minutes.”

Mr Waters’s footage has had thousands of views on Youtube, and he has had hundreds of people contacting him on Facebook.

Today, he told independent.ie that he will now remove the footage because he doesn’t want to break the law.

However, he said: “This [legislation] is something that maybe needs to be changed. I think people have a right to see these very clear-cut images.”

“It’s a ridiculous situation to be in and I just would put a call out to see if it can be corrected. Obviously this is our legislation.”

“I haven’t taken it down yet because it takes me a little bit of time to take something back down.”well I've seen it all now

PC nonsense.

• Advertisement

I have proplex sheeting nailed to the walls in the parlour. The wind today pulled it down off the walls

I said wrote: »
    Man who captured thieves on film forced to remove footage from website
    Wed, 12 Feb 2014
    The Data Protection Commissioner has instructed the founder of a website - which posts CCTV footage of criminals in the act of crimes - to remove the footage.

Robert Waters set up crimecctv.com earlier this month in an effort to raise awareness about the burgalary on his house in Killiney, Co Dublin on December 12.

The CCTV footage shows the thieves climbing the wall outside his house, breaking entry into his house through the back window and leaving again four minutes later.

The four thieves took his wife’s jewellery, small electric items, his phone, and money after ransacking his house.

He told RTE’s Liveline today: “There were four people jumping over the wall of my property. They were masked and they were gloved.”

“They all entered into my house and they left within four minutes.”

“Gardai have acknowledged it as a crime event,” he said.

To his surprise, Mr Waters received a letter from the Data Protection Commissioner, asking that he remove the footage from his website.

The letter told Mr Waters that he doesn’t have permission to make the footage public, because of protection under the law.

“The images that are captured on film are personal data,” the letter said.

Today, Mr Waters said: “Unless I get the criminal’s consent, I’m committing a crime,”

“It is a crazy situation. Every person that I’ve said this to has said ‘I can’t believe it’…it’s purely based on an effort to end crime in your community.”

“It’s supported by hundreds, if not thousands, of people.”

“It’s personal household CCTV footage. I put the cameras up during the summer as part of a home improvement project.”

“I just missed these [burglars] by seconds. We had just left the house. We missed them in minutes.”

Mr Waters’s footage has had thousands of views on Youtube, and he has had hundreds of people contacting him on Facebook.

Today, he told independent.ie that he will now remove the footage because he doesn’t want to break the law.

However, he said: “This [legislation] is something that maybe needs to be changed. I think people have a right to see these very clear-cut images.”

“It’s a ridiculous situation to be in and I just would put a call out to see if it can be corrected. Obviously this is our legislation.”

“I haven’t taken it down yet because it takes me a little bit of time to take something back down.”well I've seen it all now

Any Chance of a link? I'd like to see it before it's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

'Twas in the indo app on the phone

Just ran across Christie Hennessy on Youtube, he was some talent and I'd say a serious nice fella if one had ever been lucky enough to meet him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2oAXEf9ZA

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Thanks for the link. I think he should remove it when one of the 4 scumbags come forward , identify themselves and make a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

.Kovu. wrote: »
    I will never complain about taking stitches out of cows again. Took them out of the neighbours cat there now (he had an ear removed)
    At least I don't have to sit on a spitting cow while owners hide the other side of the kitchen:rolleyes:

Ah yea, the famous earless cat.
    More importantly, hope you back to good form yourself

Thanks for the link. I think he should remove it when one of the 4 scumbags come forward , identify themselves and make a complaint.

If you think about it, this ruling/request to have the footage removed, effectively bans all broadcasting. No more RTE filming in the street, with members of the public in view. No more broadcasting of football matches, if any of the spectators are caught on camera. This is more about sparing the Gardai's embaressment at not being able tcatch the burglers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

If you think about it, this ruling/request to have the footage removed, effectively bans all broadcasting. No more RTE filming in the street, with members of the public in view. No more broadcasting of football matches, if any of the spectators are caught on camera. This is more about sparing the Gardai's embaressment at not being able tcatch the burglers,

Thats is the guards gave enough of a **** to be embarrassed ? Believe you me , they could catch alot more if they tried

I'm not up to speed on the specific legislation but is it illegal to record someone on your own property (even if you may have signs to that effect) or is it illegal to publish said recordings?

• Advertisement

Don't know, but I am writing to The Data Protection Commission to complain about my image being broadcast on RTE at the recent Ireland Scotland Rugby match. And see what happens. If John Waters can get 30k, its worth a shot!

If they reply that by purchasing a ticket, I was giving permission, then I would argue that by jumping that mans wall and trespassing, those 4 lads were doing likewise.

If CCTV images cannot be made public, then they cannot be used in Court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Ah yea, the famous earless cat.
    More importantly, hope you back to good form yourself

I'll send you a link to a photo of him when he's fully healed. He looks like I got at him with a chainsaw at the moment.
    After eating a duck egg and I'm off on the trek to Cork, hope don't get washed away.....again!!

Don't be doing anything silly while I'm away (like proposing) lads:D

heading out soon to powerwash:D , havent used it since before christmas, doing calving pens and will disenfect them then with interkokask in the knapsack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Still no power here. Have the generator, however the well is on a different circuit, so no water at all, which is a far bigger problem, just about got the machine washed out, but the cows will definitely need some soon.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Still no power here. Have the generator, however the well is on a different circuit, so no water at all, which is a far bigger problem, just about got the machine washed out, but the cows will definitely need some soon.
    let them out i am sure theres plenty of water on the ground :D

Mine are out. Its a paddock we want to reseed so no matter if they do damage. Its a sandy field though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

heading out soon to powerwash:D , havent used it since before christmas, doing calving pens and will disenfect them then with interkokask in the knapsack

:eek:, powerwash, id say the place is well washed the last few days, they will have to bury you with that fcuking powerwasher:D

Im sitting in the DVO here trying to sort out a mixed up registered calf . Jaysus its a fine spot , I could do with a job in a place like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

moy83 wrote: »
    Im sitting in the DVO here trying to sort out a mixed up registered calf . Jaysus its a fine spot , I could do with a job in a place like this
    bbut would you be REALLY happy :p

• Advertisement

Miname wrote: »
    I got a letter asking would i be interested in a sexed semen trial for beef this year, with a list of some of the bulls available, i didnt think it was that bad of a list. I spent too much on the last bull and its getting like an ai station round here at the moent to try it, but if i was ai'ing i would try it.

Beef trial looks like it's worth trying now alright. The autumn version wasn't and didn't get enough interest.

Serious??

bbam wrote: »
    bbut would you be REALLY happy :p

Who knows about REALLY happy but but I would be really dry and warm and there are a good few nice looking women to pass the time talking to :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hooked up the cheap crappy lidi genny we have up to the pump in the well, did the trick nicely! No sign of the ESB crew coming out to fix the lines, and they'll be a good few hours at it when they eventually come. Thank god for generators!

Drove the cork/dublin motorway. Some amount of flooded fields all along the way

Moy,

I see yer man doing the piece on buildings in the Journal intends to do DIY spots, send him in your downpipe guntering for the craic, you could be famous :D

• Advertisement

Moy,

I see yer man doing the piece on buildings in the Journal intends to do DIY spots, send him in your downpipe guntering for the craic, you could be famous :D

I was only admiring how well it works yesterday ! I'll only send the the pic if its printed on the page with the better farmers articles :-)

moy83 wrote: »
    I was only admiring how well it works yesterday ! I'll only send the the pic if its printed on the page with the better farmers articles :-)

Fair play, you drive a hard bargain :pac: Soon it'll be on the Bord Bia approved list.

Fair play, you drive a hard bargain :pac: Soon it'll be on the Bord Bia approved list.

Haha the way I'm going the only list I'll make is the a black list !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Did anyone ever actually get through to someone in a dvo office. ???
    Or do they pretrnd they have people working there when they transfer the call.

Calling everyday and leaving a message everyday. No reply. I wouldn't mind it's only a small matter. Not going to tax them too much.

sea12 wrote: »
    Did anyone ever actually get through to someone in a dvo office. ???
    Or do they pretrnd they have people working there when they transfer the call.

Calling everyday and leaving a message everyday. No reply. I wouldn't mind it's only a small matter. Not going to tax them too much.

I went into our one in galway today and was pleasantly surprised , I was seen and sorted out in about half an hour . It would have taken me longer to sort out over the phone I'd say

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement