Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Bodacious will be wanting to weld the gutter to the shed after this.

good man con..

no gutter got yet.. been onto elite form and will try newells .. no time to pee this week

working away and feeding in this weather is no joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

just do it wrote: »
    Serious??

Yeah, deadly serious. What would you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

well Reggie hows things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

moy83 wrote: »
    I went into our one in galway today and was pleasantly surprised , I was seen and sorted out in about half an hour . It would have taken me longer to sort out over the phone I'd say

often the way when you meet a face and sweeten her/him up a bit with a bit of chat

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Conor556

Was on my way to work yesterday, was going handy to miss all the limbs and things when a full tree came down and met me in the front through the windscreen, got sum fright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Bodacious wrote: »
    often the way when you meet a face and sweeten her/him up a bit with a bit of chat

If I was single again I wouldnt have minded sweetening up the girl in there at all , and not for the purpose of sorting out tags either :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

There's a neighbours here that must have been talking to Delaval, he has topless cubicles.

Problem is, they weren't topless yesterday

He wasn't the only one but our experiment with them was finished fairly quickly. They've got tops again now.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭feartuath

Passed Bord Bia first inspection yesterday,few small things to sort out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

feartuath wrote: »
    Passed Bord Bia first inspection yesterday,few small things to sort out.

Well done one less thing to worry about for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

biddy2013 wrote: »
    well Reggie hows things?

Never gonna complain about feeding calves twice a day again :D

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »

No more hang overs for a while

I said wrote: »
    No more hang overs for a while

You could say that. Don't mind the extra work at all. Neighbour said to me yesterday that he pity's the poor w***e that drives up to the house to pick her up in 16 years time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Ha ha, enjoy it while it lasts cause the years go bye in a blink of an eye :)

Base price wrote: »
    Ha ha, enjoy it while it lasts cause the years go bye in a blink of an eye :)

Hard to believe it's nearly a week already

Hard to believe it's nearly a week already
    My advise is to take lots of pictures and get them printed on hard copy.
    Paper never refuses ink but pc's, laptops and pen drives can occasionally get fecked up.
    Hope both girls are doing well :)

My advise is to take lots of pictures and get them printed on hard copy.
    Paper never refuses ink but pc's, laptops and pen drives can occasionally get fecked up.
    Hope both girls are doing well :)

Ah coming along nicely. FIL/ grandad brought up a tiny pair of overalls today. For when she's in the yard he said.

Ah coming along nicely. FIL/ grandad brought up a tiny pair of overalls today. For when she's in the yard he said.
    Ahh that is lovely - hope they are not JD green :rolleyes:

Ahh that is lovely - hope they are not JD green :rolleyes:

Thankfully no but have a future brother in law threatening me with a pair tho

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Ah adorable. Careful though - same thing happened to me and I grew up to be…'interesting!' :o :eek: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Yeah, deadly serious. What would you think?

I think our justice system needs a radical change. It is supposed to deter crime, not protect criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

when i came downstairs there was a big bouquet of flowers on the table and a box of chocolates:D happy valentines day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

when i came downstairs there was a big bouquet of flowers on the table and a box of chocolates:D happy valentines day

Were they from himself, one those toy boys or a fellow poster???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Lads like that spoil it for the rest of iis lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

No flowers will be bought here. I'm getting busy with the pots and pans tonight instead..... mutually beneficial :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

just do it wrote: »
    I think our justice system needs a radical change. It is supposed to deter crime, not protect criminals.

Not that far off the way I'd be thinking.
    I suppose I should expand on my original point and say it would only be as a result of a successful prosecution ie one of the 4 scumbags coming forward and incriminating themselves, at which point the foottage would have served its purpose.
    It think when someone enters another mans property to harm or rob, you leave a lot of your civil liberties behind you. You have crossed a line IMO and should be aware that if you're being recorded on another man's private property than so be it. Furthermore it should be an offence to tamper with or interfere with said cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I'm surprised he hadn't a wire cage or something to make it harder for them to be tampered with.

Totally agree that an owner should be allowed film whatever happens on their own property. You have the paparazzi able to snap celebs etc and totally get away with a lot more. ... madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Is everyone aware that their 2014 SFP is going to be a 10% reduction on 2013 unless they receive less than €5000. So if you got €5100 you will get €4590 or €25000 you will get €22500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

reilig wrote: »
    Is everyone aware that their 2014 SFP is going to be a 10% reduction on 2013 unless they receive less than €5000. So if you got €5100 you will get €4590 or €25000 you will get €22500.

i didnt know that,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Internet just gone in the house, tethered laptop to phone, ain't technology great. Power is blinking a fair bit....

Yep.

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »
    No flowers will be bought here. I'm getting busy with the pots and pans tonight instead..... mutually beneficial :D:D

Other way around here, got the flowers yesterday as they're lilies so will take a while to all come out. Herself is gone again to college Monday morning so was better to give them yesterday. More brownie points for me, which is good cos I usually null & void them with some sort of codology fairly fast :D Steak for the dinner tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

When was that announced
    not a happy camper hearing that

Internet just gone in the house, tethered laptop to phone, ain't technology great. Power is blinking a fair bit....

That'll ate the battery on the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Not a problem here :o

I said wrote: »
    That'll ate the battery on the phone

Sure if it stops the thing ringing it can only be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Lots of snow

WTF are the going to cut next,

whats all this talk of flowers and the like, have ye all gone soft:D

jayus a man might get lucky tonight;)

bbam wrote: »
    Not a problem here :o

Same as myself , 10% of nothing is still nothing . The father will be sickened though .
    We got stopped money for overclaims this year and appealed it because we weren't actually claiming on two spots they had marked out .
    The bucko came out to walk it last week and said we were right about those spots but we might be overclaiming in a few others where the bushes were well out in the garden here and there . So it looks like we won't be getting anything anyhow . I await his letter to see who will get the balance anyhow !

hugo29 wrote: »
    whats all this talk of flowers and the like, have ye all gone soft:D

jayus a man might get lucky tonight;)

I'm in two minds what to do about valentines , its nearly too wet to bother going out for stuff . I might just send the kids away for a few hours and be waiting on the couch in the nip when she comes home . That should get her heart racing , through love , fright or disgust I dont know :-)

• Advertisement

Same as myself , 10% of nothing is still nothing . The father will be sickened though .
    We got stopped money for overclaims this year and appealed it because we weren't actually claiming on two spots they had marked out .
    The bucko came out to walk it last week and said we were right about those spots but we might be overclaiming in a few others where the bushes were well out in the garden here and there . So it looks like we won't be getting anything anyhow . I await his letter to see who will get the balance anyhow !

Farmers need to be really careful appealing these overclaim decisions.

There were two lads out from the mapping/admin side of SFP in Athenry a little while back and they were specifically asked whether a "visual inspection" of the offending scrub/shadow/whatever would be the limit of the inspection?

Their answer was that if there were cross compliance/other issues which the inspector could see then s/he could not ignore them.

So depending on the € amount of the overclaim and the state of the individual farm it's not a decision to be taken lightly.

I'm in two minds what to do about valentines , its nearly too wet to bother going out for stuff . I might just send the kids away for a few hours and be waiting on the couch in the nip when she comes home . That should get her heart racing , through love , fright or disgust I dont know :-)

thats the shot moy, if that dont get her going nothing will, maybe have a quick shower first just to be sure,

Farmers need to be really careful appealing these overclaim decisions.

There were two lads out from the mapping/admin side of SFP in Athenry a little while back and they were specifically asked whether a "visual inspection" of the offending scrub/shadow/whatever would be the limit of the inspection?

Their answer was that if there were cross compliance/other issues which the inspector could see then s/he could not ignore them.

So depending on the € amount of the overclaim and the state of the individual farm it's not a decision to be taken lightly.

True dat . The advisor said that but the father said he wanted to appeal anyhow . He hates the SFP and wont be happy until they take it off him . There will be tears then when its gone but thats his baby .
    We have plenty of other coss compliance things that we could have been shot down on when the inspector was there but he didn't seem to look at them . It was the overclaimed areas he was out to sort .
    Now I'm wondering will he send out another inspector again to pull on any other issues .

hugo29 wrote: »
    thats the shot moy, if that dont get her going nothing will, maybe have a quick shower first just to be sure,

Where are you going with your shower . Tis valentines not ****ing Christmas !

Where are you going with your shower . Tis valentines not ****ing Christmas !

well at least stand out in the rain with a bar of sunlight, there will be some build up of cheese if ya dont,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Other way around here, got the flowers yesterday as they're lilies so will take a while to all come out. Herself is gone again to college Monday morning so was better to give them yesterday. More brownie points for me, which is good cos I usually null & void them with some sort of codology fairly fast :D Steak for the dinner tonight :D

Lillies, Con? Are they not only for funerals?:D

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Lillies, Con? Are they not only for funerals?:D

That's what she likes, the lillies, not funerals.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

naughto wrote: »
    Lots of snow

We werere getting it fairly hard here too. It's eased off though. It was awful bad around half 10-11 o'clock here while I was out for a run :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Power still out here, finally had an esb chap out, he said they might get around to it today. Phone gone also now, funny it was working after the storm, only went when the eircom lads were out fixing another line!

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote: »
    Power still out here, finally had an esb chap out, he said they might get around to it today. Phone gone also now, funny it was working after the storm, only went when the eircom lads were out fixing another line!
    Yeah we lost our phone and broadband Monday. Only a pain in the arse so it is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement