Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Power back now

Off to dismantle all the Jennies and wrap them up After putting in 2 change over switches on the farm so if I lose power again I will only have to start Jenny and plug it in

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Any farming partnerships imminent?

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

gadetra wrote: »
    Any farming partnerships imminent?

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

;)

Hope it doesnt match me to hugo or con or anthing like that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

moy83 wrote: »
    Hope it doesnt match me to hugo or con or anthing like that :D

Can't get that picture of you on the couch out of my head, I fear it will stay with me into the afterlife :eek:

Hahahahahaa don't look Moy, don't look :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

aldi where doing serious sales of flowers earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

biddy2013 wrote: »
    aldi where doing serious sales of flowers earlier

Only place to buy them

Muckit wrote: »
    Only place to buy them
    they where not cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

they where not cheap

Bunch in tesco were 34.99?! Would ya be well ?!

12.99 will do me ! Nice bottle of white, valentine s card and out the gap! dinner @ 9.30, 5 year anniversary too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Place is quiet tonight so people must be busy elsewhere :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

Reggie. wrote: »
    Place is quiet tonight so people must be busy elsewhere :D

On a stag party in westport some craic. Herself wasn't too impressed but sure what can you do :-D

had a few problems with scc, wasnt long after recording-which was fine- so got milk recorder to come and just do a scc, one cow came up at 9.9999999 million, i treated her in 4 quarters and sent a sample for scc with milkmanm got results yesterday 31,878,000 that must be a record, she is going to the factory when the meat withdrawal for tubes is up:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

had a few problems with scc, wasnt long after recording-which was fine- so got milk redcorder to come and just do a scc, one cow came up at 9.9999999 million, i treated her in 4 quarters and sent a sample for scc with milkmanm got results yesterda:Dy 31,878,000 that must be a record, she is going to the factory when the meat withdrawal for tubes is up:eek:

Biddy, for a moment i thought you were talking about your bank balance:D

Biddy, for a moment i thought you were talking about your bank balance:D
    i can only dream

had a few problems with scc, wasnt long after recording-which was fine- so got milk recorder to come and just do a scc, one cow came up at 9.9999999 million, i treated her in 4 quarters and sent a sample for scc with milkmanm got results yesterday 31,878,000 that must be a record, she is going to the factory when the meat withdrawal for tubes is up:eek:
    Yep been there with all that craic. Get rid asap.
    If ye have any other high ones dipping after them might sort out SCC as well.
    Was she long calved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

31 million, in fairness must be pure butter your getting out of her???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Timmaay wrote: »
    31 million, in fairness must be pure butter your getting out of her???

I didn't think the scale went up that far !
    The highest I've had was 10.4 million

sheebadog wrote: »
    I didn't think the scale went up that far !
    The highest I've had was 10.4 million
    the milk recording one only goes to 9.99999999999 million. Was very surprised as i never saw an scc as high, she is calved since last may. Was a carryover cow served there before christmas is a thick bitch and will be glad to see the back of her

have a suckler cow calved thursday , calf was drinking when we went over that morning, that evening he had himself wrapped between 2 bars of the gate. Brought him to vet as his back legs where injured. Went to let him back into cow yesterday and she is too motherly , lifting him up in the air with her head. We think she pushed him into gate the other day. Took him back off her and today we put her down the crush and he drank. Went to let them back in together and she's at the same crack lifting him high in the air with her head:mad: any suggestions, we cant leave them together as she will kill him. Thet are on outfarm so no one there to keep an eye.She does let him drink when we put her down crush. Dont have time to be dealing with her at the minute, give me a milker any day

• Advertisement

the milk recording one only goes to 9.99999999999 million. Was very surprised as i never saw an scc as high, she is calved since last may. Was a carryover cow served there before christmas is a thick bitch and will be glad to see the back of her

Have one like that, june calver, utter nightmare in the parlour, bullys rest of the cows, and her scc has been 500+ last few yrs. Decided she was going to culled at the end of this lactation definitely, but my dad bloody let her in with the bull when i was on holidays last yr. Only told me the day we were scanning, i was over the moon when she showed up empty ha!

have a suckler cow calved thursday , calf was drinking when we went over that morning, that evening he had himself wrapped between 2 bars of the gate. Brought him to vet as his back legs where injured. Went to let him back into cow yesterday and she is too motherly , lifting him up in the air with her head. We think she pushed him into gate the other day. Took him back off her and today we put her down the crush and he drank. Went to let them back in together and she's at the same crack lifting him high in the air with her head:mad: any suggestions, we cant leave them together as she will kill him. Thet are on outfarm so no one there to keep an eye.She does let him drink when we put her down crush. Dont have time to be dealing with her at the minute, give me a milker any day

You have your answer there in the last line, bring her into the parlour and milk her for the minute ha? Let the calf in with the dairy calves to be fed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Can you put a halter on her and tie her somewhere, leave him with her, at least he can get away. she's probably getting excited every time he sees him at the moment

Timmaay wrote: »
    You have your answer there in the last line, bring her into the parlour and milk her for the minute ha? Let the calf in with the dairy calves to be fed.
    wouldnt fancy milking her, shes on the outfarm. She can see the calf where she is she would go through you for a shortcut too

wouldnt fancy milking her, shes on the outfarm. She can see the calf where she is she would go through you for a shortcut too

Mart?
    Too much hassle. Is she a purebred?

sheebadog wrote: »
    Mart?
    Too much hassle. Is she a purebred?

Purebred Angus

Purebred Angus

Doesn't give you any options so.
    That's the kind of hardship you never get paid for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

There's no shortcut's here I'm afraid. Bring her home. Put them in a shed together, the calf behind a gate from her, but where they can see/smell each other all the time. You may just keep letting the calf at her a few times a day until the penny drops with the cow. Give her a few nuts when the calf's sucking.
    How was she on her last calf?

There's no shortcut's here I'm afraid. Bring her home. Put them in a shed together, the calf behind a gate from her, but where they can see/smell each other all the time. You may just keep letting the calf at her a few times a day until the penny drops with the cow. Give her a few nuts when the calf's sucking.
    How was she on her last calf?
    she had twins last time was a bit bold but nothing like what she is like now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Ah she is looking for the other one:D

Ye know your busy when ye only get the parlour now after the mornings milking.
    New milk line, pulse line, wash line,liners going on today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Neighbour walked his cows 2 miles Thurs evening to my parlour to milk them. They haven't been milked with 36 hours.

Neighbour walked his cows 2 miles Thurs evening to my parlour to milk them. They haven't been milked with 36 hours.

Who got the milk? :D
    Ye that's ****e alright. Lad in discussion group still had no power last night either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Who got the milk? :D
    Ye that's ****e alright. Lad in discussion group still had no power last night either
    Neighbour took away the milk in a mobile tank. The scc could have been fairly high, there was one bad case of mastitis. I was talking to him today and he said it was the only one. His power is back since yesterday so he should be ok now. I'd say he is in the market for a generator.

Neighbour took away the milk in a mobile tank. The scc could have been fairly high, there was one bad case of mastitis. I was talking to him today and he said it was the only one. His power is back since yesterday so he should be ok now. I'd say he is in the market for a generator.

Gonna be a demand for them gennies I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

Gonna be a demand for them gennies I reckon

would a an old ferguson grey 20 run one of them? I have one and run it on a 5000 but wondering what is the smallest tractor you could put on one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Lucky the power was only out for a few hours here, internet only back working now though. Lost a block of roof off the dry cow shed, ended up about 1/2 mile away but did no damage getting there. On the plus side, I'm now in a position to offer my own impartial views on roofless cubicles. So far, they're a practically impossible to keep dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Moy, seen an add on done deal, couch for sale in galway with fresh skid marks, is that yours,

How did the naked trick work out,

Just had the sisters fella in to look at the polytunnel site with a laser level. Not too bad all things considered, will need about three feet of fill in one corner but can scrape up some stray rock on site am sure. Next step is in with a digger and find out where we meet solid rock in footprint of the tunnel, will work off that for floor level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Just had the sisters fella in to look at the polytunnel site with a laser level. Not too bad all things considered, will need about three feet of fill in one corner but can scrape up some stray rock on site am sure. Next step is in with a digger and find out where we meet solid rock in footprint of the tunnel, will work off that for floor level.

Secure her well and don't put it in an exposed site. Ours was well put up and buried deep. Christmas storms landed it in the middle of a local lake all the same. Back to outdoor veg beds now.

• Advertisement

anyone watching irelands fittest family?

reilig wrote: »
    Secure her well and don't put it in an exposed site. Ours was well put up and buried deep. Christmas storms landed it in the middle of a local lake all the same. Back to outdoor veg beds now.

Site is on the lowest part of the farm, with a wood and a small hill with a stone wall on top protecting it from the prevailing winds, it's the most benign site I could find on the farm. As the guy who I'll be buying it from says strong winds can come from any direction. Saying that I passed three veg PT's to and from Galway on Wednesday and none of them had stirred, but they were well sheltered. This will be a sheep tunnel, 42x25 and 10.5 feet high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

f140 wrote: »
    would a an old ferguson grey 20 run one of them? I have one and run it on a 5000 but wondering what is the smallest tractor you could put on one?

Depends on the size of the generator. I have 25kva one, and with the milk tank and the milking machine and the lights and the house all on, it puts a good load on a Fiat 90-90.
    I would say a 20 would be struggling with a 10kva.

That's the kind of sh**tin you'd expect from a heifer. Pure hassle. G Cant has your solution.

hugo29 wrote: »
    Moy, seen an add on done deal, couch for sale in galway with fresh skid marks, is that yours,

How did the naked trick work out,

She was home before me and had the tub filled and candles lit , so the couch stayed clean :D

I asked one of the boys at work what he got up to last night " I brought her corsa in to halfords and got her a new set of wiperblades " :D

moy83 wrote: »
    She was home before me and had the tub filled and candles lit , so the couch stayed clean :D

I asked one of the boys at work what he got up to last night " I brought her corsa in to halfords and got her a new set of wiperblades " :D

Classy

Classy

They are one sensible couple

Local take away here last night with the two girls. It's the simple things

Local take away here last night with the two girls. It's the simple things

She wasnt long starting on the solids :P

Tasty and tempting.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement