Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

hugo29 wrote: »
    Billy no mates:D

The wife and mother were saying it today at dinner , I'm not talking to feck all of the family and dont bother with mates much anymore . Oddball they were calling me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Darragh, let me know where you live so I can call in:D

Have the flashy new car to drive in so I won't disgrace you!

I'll pm ya .... I don't want all these fcekers on here knowing everything about me. Altho 2 regular poster have me sussed....... my dad is too well fecking known, it was the 50B with the parameter shear grab gave me away to one eagle eyed boardie.
    I was at my 5 year old nephews birthday all evening. Hard bloody work are kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

moy83 wrote: »
    The wife and mother were saying it today at dinner , I'm not talking to feck all of the family and dont bother with mates much anymore . Oddball they were calling me :D

Area isn't the wife your best friend now;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

case 956 wrote: »
    just got told by herself "were going shopping" when I answered I cant and gave a list of jobs to do the father replies a lot of them are done since morn and what not done I do and will start milking so go ahead and enjoy yerselves... I am fit to kill him... I HATE SHOPPING

I'd say your father knew exactly what he was doing - wise man ;)

Overdosed on Heineken and benson and hedges Friday, not fcuking right yet

Jayus old age is a killer

Ah the elderly, will ye ever learn :rolleyes: Is it time for a Home Help assessment? :eek: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Anyone know where bob is,havnt seen him round here in while,maby he got blown away in the storm!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Anyone know where bob is,havnt seen him round here in while,maby he got blown away in the storm!!

Ah don't worry he's in the shadows here somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I hear he's gone to Milan looking for the last word in boating shoes :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Anyone else having problems logging into boards in the phone? When I'm connected to wifi there is no bother but on the phones own internet it won't load

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

More than likely under a little pressure like us all. may be out cutting up a few Lime Trees or magnacarpa's or putting a few sheets on the shed like Delaval is doing...................Oh I forget no roof on outside cubicles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Reggie. wrote: »

I know a lad that picked up 20 of these for €150 last week. I was asking him about feeding costs and sales value on saturday. His reply was:

"A bag of maverick apiece, and 5 hundred weight of meal each. €100 in total each. Sure grass is free!"

I wish I hadn't asked. He gets €30k SFP. He thinks that if he can sell them for €250 each in 12 months time that he'll have €100 per head profit on them. Doubt there will be many to give him €250 for a JX.

It'll save him paying tax anyway. He's rather feed the raw money to the calves than pay 22% tax on his SFP to the tax man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

suckler cow has quietened down a tad, in the sense she is not attacking calf anymore but she would still go through you for a shortcut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

biddy2013 wrote: »
    suckler cow has quietened down a tad, in the sense she is not attacking calf anymore but she would still go through you for a shortcut

A lump of waving pipe across the nose will sort that out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

I never found the waving type any good. If you're going to use pipe to control stock the hitting type works better:P.

fcuking deck table has swelling with all the rain and has buckled in the centre, T & G boards, any brainwaves as to how to salvage

and the wife has already come up with the "you should have put it in or covered it one"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Called into a neighbour the other day, and he was in feeding the cattle.

I spotted a nice looking bolluck he had in the shed. I asked what breed was it, and he said it was WH on the cards.

Can someone tell me what breed this is, as I didn't / dont know... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

I spotted a nice looking bolluck he had in the shed. I asked what breed was it, and he said it was WH on the cards.

White head

I never found the waving type any good. If you're going to use pipe to control stock the hitting type works better:P.

Okay smartarse. My bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

WA Wagyu
    WB Welsh Black
    WW Welsh White
    WP White Park

No WH on the list. Maybe it's MH Marchigiana.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

It can't say WH as tht's not a recognised breed code

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/200042/breedcodelist.pdf

In before me GC!

WA Wagyu
    WB Welsh Black
    WW Welsh White
    WP White Park

No WH on the list. Maybe it's MH Marchigiana.

its an illegal immigrant then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

reilig wrote: »
    I know a lad that picked up 20 of these for €150 last week. I was asking him about feeding costs and sales value on saturday. His reply was:

"A bag of maverick apiece, and 5 hundred weight of meal each. €100 in total each. Sure grass is free!"

I wish I hadn't asked. He gets €30k SFP. He thinks that if he can sell them for €250 each in 12 months time that he'll have €100 per head profit on them. Doubt there will be many to give him €250 for a JX.

It'll save him paying tax anyway. He's rather feed the raw money to the calves than pay 22% tax on his SFP to the tax man.

Swings and roundabouts. Sure isn't he keeping the money in his local community and strengthening the agri sector. Money to local feed merchant, mart, vet etc.... don't they say every euro spent on agri benefits the irish economy in general four fold.

It could be better than giving it direct to taxman. ;)

Fair play to him l say!

If you get the chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

fcuking deck table has swelling with all the rain and has buckled in the centre, T & G boards, any brainwaves as to how to salvage

and the wife has already come up with the "you should have put it in or covered it one"

Could you cut a few strips in the bottom of the boards , it might let them sit down right again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Got this text today.
    €1.05 is the minimum postage for BVD tissue tags (up to 10 samples). An post will return or dispose of underpaid envelopes. BVD help desk 076 1064590.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Nightmare.

But look at the depth of topsoil there. Looks like a couple of foot! We can only dream of that kind of land!

Got approved for QA today anyway, interrogation is not the word ha, glad to have it over and done with anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Nightmare.

But look at the depth of topsoil there. Looks like a couple of foot! We can only dream of that kind of land!

Hardly a decent stone in it. *swoon*!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Sad day in Kerry...... The gooch crocked.... Them mayo lads will hav no luck for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Sad day in Kerry...... The gooch crocked.... Them mayo lads will hav no luck for that!

Hang on a sec did u see how he got hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Your right. Look at all the good luck they've have for the last 6 decades

Sarcasm

IMG_53044927789741.jpeg
    Specially for you Reggie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Had a 1,000 litres of diseal lifted out of the yard last night, you just can't win sometimes

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Had a 1,000 litres of diseal lifted out of the yard last night, you just can't win sometimes
    feckers, i only buy 500-600 litres at a time just in case its robbed. Would insurance cover it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭jaymla627

feckers, i only buy 500-600 litres at a time just in case its robbed. Would insurance cover it

800 litres of it was robbed from the father's lorry and 200 out of the tractor diseal tank, have the dogs kept away from the yard since I had a neospora outbreak would of came in very handy last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

big thing is this area is robbing catalytic converters especially from jeeps no secluded car park is safe anymore

what height would a self propelled forage harverster be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Got dept. fodder subsidy today. (Lakeland):D
    Worked out close to 30%. :(

• Advertisement

Insurance only cover it if it's in a securely locked shed or in a cage, only ever get 500 l at a time here now, and straight away fill all cans in sight, be 220l of it in cans in locked shed then so better protected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

I hear there is an ongoing investigation. The Gardai are looking into it. :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

tanko wrote: »
    Got this text today.
    €1.05 is the minimum postage for BVD tissue tags (up to 10 samples). An post will return or dispose of underpaid envelopes. BVD help desk 076 1064590.

Was that from lakeland. got the same here and the milk lorry brings the samples to the lab :confused:

got a cancellation for nct for car- bought a 96 corolla last year. oh brought it in , just needs 2 new tyres and a bulb in the headlight:D

got a cancellation for nct for car- bought a 96 corolla last year. oh brought it in , just needs 2 new tyres and a bulb in the headlight:D

Same I had a 306 for a while thought it needed a heap of stuff pug 20e with of bulbs in her and she passed. Was delighted considering it had no not for a yeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Same I had a 306 for a while thought it needed a heap of stuff pug 20e with of bulbs in her and she passed. Was delighted considering it had no not for a yeat

NCT is a cod got failed one year for braking light being to bright such scutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Whats the best spray to kill off some furze?

I said wrote: »
    Whats the best spray to kill off some furze?

Fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

800 litres of it was robbed from the father's lorry and 200 out of the tractor diseal tank, have the dogs kept away from the yard since I had a neospora outbreak would of came in very handy last night.

OH got one of these fitted to the lorry tank a few years ago. Some feckers tried to syphon diesel from it back a few months ago but the anti theft device did the job. As a additional precaution he always parks up the lorry (diesel side) dead tight to a wall in the yard.

http://www.antisiphon.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

Base price wrote: »
    OH got one of these fitted to the lorry tank a few years ago. Some feckers tried to syphon diesel from it back a few months ago but the anti theft device did the job. As a additional precaution he always parks up the lorry (diesel side) dead tight to a wall in the yard.

http://www.antisiphon.ie/

what happens when the customs want to dip ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement