Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

jt65 wrote: »
    what happens when the customs want to dip ?

He has been dipped a few times and they use a different tube, smaller flexible one. Customs guy told him one that a lot of lorries have them on the tanks now. Apparently they had to be approved by C&E before they could be sold in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I said wrote: »
    Whats the best spray to kill off some furze?

grazon 90

Anyone know of a website that I can use to look up mileage for a multi collection, sort of like plotting the route. Google maps only allows me to do the mileage from departure to destination and when I try to drag the line to other points it goes all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Base price wrote: »
    Anyone know of a website that I can use to look up mileage for a multi collection, sort of like plotting the route. Google maps only allows me to do the mileage from departure to destination and when I try to drag the line to other points it goes all over the place.

I'd say you might want to try trucking chitchat in the trucking and tyres forum.

I'd say you might want to try trucking chitchat in the trucking and tyres forum.
    Thanks. I persevered with google maps and got sorted. Having a larger screen on my laptop would help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

Base price wrote: »
    we just use aa route planner and use the via bit

biddy2013 wrote: »
    we just use aa route planner and use the via bit
    Thanks for that biddy :)
    It is far better than google maps.

I see a F&F boardsie is famous on the ould Twitter machine ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ABlur

Who is it the bould Bob?!

ABlur wrote: »
    Who is it the bould Bob?!

Won't be hard join the dots for anyone paying attention the last few days ;)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Is Bob modelling the new range of boat shoes from Milan?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Neil Francis???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

I haven't been paying attention so fill us in.

That is good news :)

They're able type themselves if they want :) It made for good reading though, thumbs up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

have a 2yo br/fr heifer turned out not in calf, probably around 450kg, what is she worth, have a lad coming tomorrow to have a look at her

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Is Bob modelling the new range of boat shoes from Milan?:P

No but there was some photography Im sure he'd have comment on :D

No but there was some photography Im sure he'd have comment on :D

Some funny looking one alright!! The one on the left might get a better price in the ring! :pac::D

Some funny looking one alright!! The one on the left might get a better price in the ring! :pac::D

Jeez I dunno, the way it does be like on here by times I can think of a few lads who'd be in danger of losing the run of themselves :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

have a 2yo br/fr heifer turned out not in calf, probably around 450kg, what is she worth, have a lad coming tomorrow to have a look at her

I saw good enough looking fr cows in the mart today selling for 900/950 but they were about 600/650 kgs and older cows aswell if thats any help .

There was a good lot of once calfed suckler cows going for 1100/1200 . I thought it was great money for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

Excellent show on bbc2 about China's economics, if anyone's interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

They're able type themselves if they want :) It made for good reading though, thumbs up.

Who or what are we talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

maxxuumman wrote: »

No bbc 4 dissecting a hand

Who or what are we talking about?

Noticed a F&F boardsie mentioned on Twitter earlier on in relation to a well written piece. That's all I'm a saying :D

(Half cos it's driving some of ye mad wondering, and half cos they can speak up for themselves should they want to :D )

Hint, it's not Bob.

maxxuumman wrote: »

Watching Ross Kemp in Las Vegas, one guy went there for the weekend, ended up spending 11 years living in a storm drain tunnel :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Anyone in the predicament of whether or not to Castrate weanling bulls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

I said wrote: »
    NCT is a cod got failed one year for braking light being to bright such scutter.

Have u never being stuck behind a car at night with a really strong rest light or the fog light on.? Pretty annoying.

I Actually think the NCT is a good thing. Cuts down on the number of dangerous cars on the road.

Noticed a F&F boardsie mentioned on Twitter earlier on in relation to a well written piece. That's all I'm a saying :D

(Half cos it's driving some of ye mad wondering, and half cos they can speak up for themselves should they want to :D )

Hint, it's not Bob.

Sure most of us aren´t on Twitter Con. We don´t have time to be clucking round on that thing. :D

• Advertisement

Sure most of us aren´t on Twitter Con. We don´t have time to be clucking round on that thing. :D

That's alright, I hear from reliable sources all will be revealed in print form soon enough for the luddites amongst us ;)

That's alright, I hear from reliable sources all will be revealed in print form soon enough for the luddites amongst us ;)

That will be another F&F boardsie gone missing so!:eek:

As for what ye are all watching on tv....pfft, onlne gaming is more fun!

That will be another F&F boardsie gone missing so!:eek:

As for what ye are all watching on tv....pfft, onlne gaming is more fun!

I had a brief flirtation with online Monopoly while I was sick over Christmas. Thankfully it got harder and harder to find a good game for free so I was involuntarily cured before my time.

I had a brief flirtation with online Monopoly while I was sick over Christmas. Thankfully it got harder and harder to find a good game for free so I was involuntarily cured before my time.

Monopoly.......I'm a bit less innocent than that, bit of Diablo and others. Meant to be paying but I have someone that works with the company and they get cards which they can give to friends which allow them to play free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Tried online chess. Didn't last long, turns out I'm not as good as I thought I was!

Monopoly.......I'm a bit less innocent than that, bit of Diablo and others. Meant to be paying but I have someone that works with the company and they get cards which they can give to friends which allow them to play free.

Play monopoly with family, soon find out how much of an innocent game it is :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Hint, it's not Bob.

Whats Twitter? is it one of the facebook/bebo/etc bull crap:rolleyes:

I used to think that, but there's actually a load of farming stuff on it. Twitter that is, the rest are shyte.

My eldest son (20) is a huge Monopoly fan. We have to endure endless games every Christmas. He reckons that Christmas is never complete without playing it.
    I prefer Scrabble only cause I can beat the two sons :cool:

I can never get my head around Twitter, it must be an age thing. The only reason I have an account is my nephew works for them and set up an account for me. I seldom look at it.

Twitter is crap every sentence beginning in # or @ couldn't be reading that. Con is it Patq Farmer I know he said he was on it before?

Play monopoly with family, soon find out how much of an innocent game it is :D

Banned in our house after many wars over it:rolleyes:
    The boys would always gang up on me and I'd invariably run out of money and land on hotels where my payment was to make them all tea. Tis sexism Joe, sexism!:pac:

Not even on twitter myself, nearly given up on Facebook too at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Did bob get blown away in the storm?

ABlur wrote: »
    Twitter is crap every sentence beginning in # or @ couldn't be reading that. Con is it Patq Farmer I know he said he was on it before?

Tis not Patq Farmer :)

Tis not Patq Farmer :)

Is it you Con?:D:D:D

Muckit wrote: »
    Did bob get blown away in the storm?

It's not lent yet so he can't have given up boards for that.

Is it you Con?:D:D:D

Jaysus no it's not, I could never write to that standard, JK Rowling look out :cool:

(Could that be a hint)

(Or am I acting the bollix?)

Jaysus no it's not, I could never write to that standard, JK Rowling look out :cool:

(Could that be a hint)

(Or am I acting the bollix?)

You could be a diamond in the rough!

And do you ever stop acting the dogs marbles:D:D

Is it the Ifa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

€750-€800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Anyone able to tell me off hand what acreage is required to get a herd no.?

Cubic zirconia more like :pac:

Our 9 year old asked me the last day when I was going to grow up, so.......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement