Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Lads and lassies, is it ok to put n.p.k out immediately after spreading granular lime ? :)

Yep. Not urea though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Looks like you got backup to help you today in case u get stuck again!

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Ok lads and lassies need some advice we are promoting a business in rural areas and are exhibiting in marts and the like. Just wondering which marts would be good ones to start from we need a medium display area preferably covered

Any advice greatly appreciated

D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

dzer2 wrote: »
    Ok lads and lassies need some advice we are promoting a business in rural areas and are exhibiting in marts and the like. Just wondering which marts would be good ones to start from we need a medium display area preferably covered

Any advice greatly appreciated

D

Would your first port of call be your own local mart where you know the manager and get a foot in the door in that way.
    If you get in one Mart I would think it may make it easier to pitch the idea to other Mart managers?

Would your first port of call be your own local mart where you know the manager and get a foot in the door in that way.
    If you get in one Mart I would think it may make it easier to pitch the idea to other Mart managers?

We have the 3 local marts already tied up just looking for everyone elses ideas of a good mart where there is an area for desplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Yep. Not urea though.
    Cheers freedom ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

moy83 wrote: »
    I thought there was no maas today

No. Your slightly mixed up. There's no drinking today. Plenty of mass. There's nothing wrong with a good mass

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

No. Your slightly mixed up. There's no drinking today. Plenty of mass. There's nothing wrong with a good mass

According to a poster on here the other day you had plenty of drink on ya anyways! Enough to last ya a few days!

Damo810 wrote: »
    According to a poster on here the other day you had plenty of drink on ya anyways! Enough to last ya a few days!

Ffs. I must read back over the last few days. Epic pothole ya bollix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

I went to a particularly good one about 10 years ago on good Friday. I spent it bating Jesus round the church and then nearly broke the cross on the altar because I was told to give it a good bang when putting it up (Probably to wake anybody nodding off). The cross member finished up lopsided. They had it fixed by the next night.

• Advertisement

Ffs. I must read back over the last few days. Epic pothole ya bollix.

He posted some pretty compromising pictures of ya too......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭case 956

the pubs closed and not a fecking thing on the telly and herself not home from her mothers

case 956 wrote: »
    the pubs closed and not a fecking thing on the telly and herself not home from her mothers

There'll be no rush on her. She knows you won't be gone to the pub if she leaves you alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

can you not get up and make the tea yourself.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

???

I passed a field this evening bout 430, io midlands, there was a digger taking a ditch out of it, with two other machines there also. Looked like the one in the pic? Could be wrong.

naughto wrote: »
    can you not get up and make the tea yourself.............

don't no do I add the milk or water first :p

best wait till she gets in no good wasting good tea

don't no do I add the milk or water first :p

If you're using fine bone China, put the milk in the cup first.
    If you're making it in a mug, lash everything in at the one time! :-)

best wait till she gets in no good wasting good tea

Yeah ask con about that

• Advertisement

If you're using fine bone China, put the milk in the cup first.
    If you're making it in a mug, lash everything in at the one time! :-)

nearest I get to using china be out of a Chinese sum nyt :P

dzer2 wrote: »
    Yeah ask con about that
    ya i seen what he did hed want to be nail to the cross for that

He posted some pretty compromising pictures of ya too......

I only met epic in the airport. So unless it was me struggling to stay awake, I think I'm safe.... but I was in the horrors. If the cameras were out the night before id be in real trouble

6L5OOgw.jpg
    not me incase ye think that it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

6L5OOgw.jpg

2011? Ah it's long resolved. No chance of watching the fight.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

Looking for some serious advice here. Invited to evening part of a wedding but have no one to take. The office woman at work who I've chatted on the phone to before but only met in person once. Was thinking of asking her. She seems shy but good crack. She knows I'm interested in her as my manager is always hinting stuff to her. Should I ask her or would she think it weird or go it alone and maybe get a woman on the night

• Advertisement

6L5OOgw.jpg

Was that guy messing round with several peoples wives. He tried to narrow it down by asking was she hot. Also if it was just the one he should know it was Mister whatever her name was he was messing around with.

Dupont wrote: »
    Looking for some serious advice here. Invited to evening part of a wedding but have no one to take. The office woman at work who I've chatted on the phone to before but only met in person once. Was thinking of asking her. She seems shy but good crack. She knows I'm interested in her as my manager is always hinting stuff to her. Should I ask her or would she think it weird or go it alone and maybe get a woman on the night

Would the evening part of a wedding not be a bit weird for a first date. Something more personal with just 2 of ye might be better. I mean as opposed to a social gathering like a wedding where you will spend most of the night interacting with other guests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

Would the evening part of a wedding not be a bit weird for a first date. Something more personal with just 2 of ye might be better. I mean as opposed to a social gathering like a wedding where you will spend most of the night interacting with other guests.

Was thinking just bring her for the crack rather than a first date??

I think the last place you want to be on a first date is the afters of a wedding.
    By all means ask the girl out but not with a wedding in mind.
    As her out face to face it could be the start of something beautiful :-)

There's a very good Personal Issues / Relationship Issues forum on here with lots of good advice. Might be worth a look!

Was thinking just bring her for the crack rather than a first date??

Fair enough but you mentioned you were interested in her. I assumed that if it went well you would like to see her again. That said I'm not the man to give much relationship advice. Maybe somebody else will have better advice.

• Advertisement

first of all just go and talk to the woman never mind this sh1te of office manager hinting this or that,ask her does she want to grab some lunch some day to see what here reaction would be.
    for get about the wedding its way to much hassel to bring some one to if ye dont no each other that well.

I think the last place you want to be on a first date is the afters of a wedding.
    By all means ask the girl out but not with a wedding in mind.
    As her out face to face it could be the start of something beautiful :-)
    Ah it can be fun though. I met a guy at a horse sale on a Saturday and he asked me to the afters of a wedding the next weekend. Was great craic altogether, but we were both chatty types so wandered off talking away to other people.
    Go for it Dupont unless you think she wouldn't be comfortable with an overwhelming audience, she'd want to be the outgoing and bubbly personality type though. If both of you realised that it would not be a match made in heaven, there are plenty of others around you to talk to instead.
    Cons would be that ye may have nothing in common but you feel indebted to stick by her side as she doesn't know people. The wedding afters would seem a bit crappy then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

first of all just go and talk to the woman never mind this sh1te of office manager hinting this or that,ask her does she want to grab some lunch some day to see what here reaction would be.
    for get about the wedding its way to much hassel to bring some one to if ye dont no each other that well.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

I thought there was no maas today

There was mass in local chapel and town today.Didn't go to either.

Only excuse i have is im a protestant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

I hope you didn't remove the meat from the diet either :D

C0N0R wrote: »
    I hope you didn't remove the meat from the diet either :D

Had bit of fish alright . But i did eat bag of bacon fries and bag of hunky dory buffalo flavour crisps:D

Had bit of fish alright . But i did eat bag of bacon fries and bag of hunky dory buffalo flavour crisps:D

The horror

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Do protestants eat meat on good friday ? I had a breakfast roll and beef stew yesterday ! And thursday night in the pub spilled into 2:30 friday morning .

Do protestants eat meat on good friday ? I had a breakfast roll and beef stew yesterday ! And thursday night in the pub spilled into 2:30 friday morning .

You heathen

Reggie. wrote: »
    You heathen

I reckon if eating meat and and drinking porter is all god has on me I should still clear st. Peters gate .
    What does the army tell ye with regards to religion if you have to kill a person at work ?

• Advertisement

That would be an ecumenical matter:D

There no suggestions/restrictions in any of the protestant churches as to what we can eat as far as im aware. Catholic neighbour here maintained any day he got meat was a good day.

There story told about priest that worked in very isolated area and visited an old recluseive farmer that lived on his own only to find him eating meat. Priest gives out to man explaining that as our Lord was crucified on good Friday that he shouldn't eat meat so he can also suffer in some way
    Ah, says man, i talk to so few people and live in such backward place its a long time before i hear whats going on!

Am sorry, but DID NOT mean to offend anyone with the above

That would be an ecumenical matter:D

There no suggestions/restrictions in any of the protestant churches as to what we can eat as far as im aware. Catholic neighbour here maintained any day he got meat was a good day.

There story told about priest that worked in very isolated area and visited an old recluseive farmer that lived on his own only to find him eating meat. Priest gives out to man explaining that as our Lord was crucified on good Friday that he shouldn't eat meat so he can also suffer in some way
    Ah, says man, i talk to so few people and live in such backward place its a long time before i hear whats going on!

Am sorry, but DID NOT mean to offend anyone with the above
    I might turn protestant just for the meat :D
    Yer man that said any day he gets meat is a good day is right , I'm just tucking into toast and pate here to get the day started . Nom nom !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Yer man that said any day he gets meat is a good day is right , I'm just tucking into toast and pate here to get the day started . Nom nom !

Any protestants i know eat fish every Friday, used to try and avoid working for them on a Fri as I'm not overly fond of fish.

Same as! Made a heap of it the other day as I have it most days. Going all traditional now and am off for a few hours with 2 boiled eggs in my pocket. :cool:
    Looking at the cows this morning, one fecker has atrocious sore feet in the shed, on the mats and all. Think I'll let her out later, don't want her going down on me, she's overdue a few days now.

td5man wrote: »
    Any protestants i know eat fish every Friday, used to try and avoid working for them on a Fri as I'm not overly fond of fish.

I dont mind fish , I must try and get out with my mate on the boat next week to get a few mackerel , I love them fresh .
    The digger boys around here would have a liquid lunch on a fri/thurs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

What's a Protestant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Go to the wedding on yer own, by the time you arrive all the single women will be drunk, twill be like shooting fish in a barrel,

On a serious note, ask that girl out for a meal where it's just the two of ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

td5man wrote: »
    a

Because up until about fifteen years ago, Friday was the only day you could get fresh fish in most inland towns. Any bit of fish in the shop on a Monday, for instance, had been lying there since before the weekend. No food restriction on our crowd either, but the Mother was partial to a bit of smoked Haddock so you got that on a Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Lol

• Advertisement

Go to the wedding on yer own, by the time you arrive all the single women will be drunk, twill be like shooting fish in a barrel,

On a serious note, ask that girl out for a meal where it's just the two of ye

Would it be better to ask her to make a meal for the two of ye ? Just to make sure she is worth bringing forward in a relationship ? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement