Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Wonder who'll own up to recognising it.....:pac:

Casting couch,u would look well on it kovu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

whelan2 wrote: »
    brought kids to smyths . Said they could get something instead of an easter egg, smyths where giving out free easter eggs:rolleyes:

Oh they werent free , I'm sure you left the price of them after you anyhow :D
    Young lad is 3 tomorrow so we brought him in during the week to pick what he wanted . A thomas the tank boat was 50 and some other small train was 24 snots .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

moy83 wrote: »
    Young lad is 3 tomorrow so we brought him in during the week to pick what he wanted . A thomas the tank boat was 50 and some other small train was 24 snots .

You must have been a while picking 74 snots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

brought kids to smyths . Said they could get something instead of an easter egg, smyths where giving out free easter eggs:rolleyes:

There's days if ya fell out of a plane you'd go up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

ye they only gave then to us when we paid for stuff

You must have been a while picking 74 snots

Not as long as it would take me to pick 74 euros out of my tight pocket :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Not as long as it would take me to pick 74 euros out of my tight pocket :D

Padlock on them jeans I bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

I wonder how well his Angus sale would go if it was only non SFP receiving farmers were at it.

• Advertisement

Unless the newspaper spun his argument it makes little sense to me. The headline reads "EU subsidies must stop", in it he says he disagrees with small or rich farmers getting it as small are uneconomic and presumably the rich, like himself, don't need it.

So is there a middle class farmer that gets it? Or is it just small and rich and it all goes?

Because it's been thrashed out here and it appears to me that the dog & stick man with SFA inputs will be standing and farming a lot longer after the withdrawal of subsidies than the productive intensive farmer under the current system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

He makes the same argument from time to time, about the Children's Allowance. But he doesn't refuse it either. Any publicity is good publicity.

Years ago,my neighbour rented some of the land that is now his (O' leareys). He maintains that it was the finest land he ever stood on.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    He makes the same argument from time to time, about the Children's Allowance. But he doesn't refuse it either. Any publicity is good publicity.

Years ago,my neighbour rented some of the land that is now his (O' leareys). He maintains that it was the finest land he ever stood on.

Oh I know it's only said for publicity, he's been at that for years.

I am not surprised at that, he isn't short of a few €.

Does he send back the childrens allowance or SFP or donate either to charity I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Oh I know it's only said for publicity, he's been at that for years.

I am not surprised at that, he isn't short of a few €.

Does he send back the childrens allowance or SFP or donate either to charity I wonder?

Pays all his tax in Ireland.

Ah hes making friends again I see

Nekarsulm wrote: »

In fairness his farms are unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Happy Easter to all :D
    If I had a magic Easter wish then it would be that we all have an equal and proper internet connection irrespective how far from Dublin/Cork/Galway ect we live.
    The internet signal in our part of Longford is abysmal to say the least. For some strange reason my mobile phone internet signal is better. Unfortunately the screen on my Nokia phone got broken 3 weeks ago and therefore I have not been online commenting lately.
    We're just back home from a run down South and because I drove the back leg I am wide awake and checking out F&F. The signal is excellent at the moment, probably due to the fact that normal people are in bed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Out in roscommon town. Pi**ed as a flute :-) the wests awake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Muckit wrote: »
    I seem to recall some old saying about a warped flute not playing true.
    I could be wrong though...

Correction: maybe that saying referred to a warped violin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

you should get out more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

The west is always awake ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Scaglietti

Must be a great night out when you went onto this

Base price wrote: »
    I seem to recall some old saying about a warped flute not playing true.
    I could be wrong though...

Correction: maybe that saying referred to a warped violin..

A warp is easily fixed, the right touch and it's as good as new

Well muckit how the head, another super morning here

Base price wrote: »
    Happy Easter to all :D
    If I had a magic Easter wish then it would be that we all have an equal and proper internet connection irrespective how far from Dublin/Cork/Galway ect we live.
    The internet signal in our part of Longford is abysmal to say the least. For some strange reason my mobile phone internet signal is better. Unfortunately the screen on my Nokia phone got broken 3 weeks ago and therefore I have not been online commenting lately.
    We're just back home from a run down South and because I drove the back leg I am wide awake and checking out F&F. The signal is excellent at the moment, probably due to the fact that normal people are in bed :)
    our signal is very bad here too at the minute, would drive you mad when you are in a rush to look up directions to somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

our signal is very bad here too at the minute, would drive you mad when you are in a rush to look up directions to somewhere

Easter bunny lost:eek:

So did everyone get they're easter eggs

Christ if ya don't know yer way around yer own parish, it's bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Reggie. wrote: »
    So did everyone get they're easter eggs

I got a morning in bed. Missus haven got up with our nearly 3 year old at 6:15. I think I'll forego the egg

I got a morning in bed. Missus haven got up with our nearly 3 year old at 6:15. I think I'll forego the egg

That's a good trade off right there :cool:

dzer2 wrote: »
    Easter bunny lost:eek:
    :D:D kids just had easter egg hunt , the rows when they find them and then they will eat feck all of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

I seem to have lost the ability to edit my posts, is that part of the penalty for changing names

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

rangler1 wrote: »
    I seem to have lost the ability to edit my posts, is that part of the penalty for changing names

YES! and also forced circumcision .

(Ah no, don't think so)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

simx wrote: »
    was in there thursday but wasnt down where the trade stands do be, i presume ya were down near the restaurant? will ya be there weekly?

Yes they were down near the restaurant done quite well
    What are you selling dzer ?

We developed a machine to tar and chip the access to motorways and tracks around golf clubs a few yrs back. It is suitable to do private driveways and small lane ways and yards so we are advertising at marts as most farmers have laneways and access yards. This work will be under the umbrella of the new tax incentives from the last budget.;)

All work has 10 yr warranty and we have an office that's not a Hiace :D:D

Anyways happy, peaceful and a safe Easter to all of yee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

We developed a machine to tar and chip the access to motorways and tracks around golf clubs a few yrs back. It is suitable to do private driveways and small lane ways and yards so we are advertising at marts as most farmers have laneways and access yards. This work will be under the umbrella of the new tax incentives from the last budget.;)

Website? pm.

You have to have a certain amount of posts to do certain things on boards. I'm guessing the ability to edit is one of those.

Hope it goes well for you , Ill take a website if you have one too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Hope it goes well for you , Ill take a website if you have one too

Ditto, fire it up. Very interested

You might end have enough posts up yet

We developed a machine t7o tar and chip the access to motorways and tracks around golf clubs a few yrs back. It is suitable to do private driveways and small lane ways and yards so we are advertising at marts as most farmers have laneways and access yards. This work will be under the umbrella of the new tax incentives from the last budget.;)

Interested party here aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Man that does hoofcare and dehorns calves for me was telling me that he had the flue for ages this spring and couldn't shake it. He heard somewhere that it could be RSVP virus. Anyway when vaccinating calves for some farmer he had a cc of vaccine left and administered to himself, up the nose. Right as rain after four days. Wasn't even worried when one of the calves died two days getting the vaccine. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Man that does hoofcare and dehorns calves for me was telling me that he had the flue for ages this spring and couldn't shake it. He heard somewhere that it could be RSVP virus. Anyway when vaccinating calves for some farmer he had a cc of vaccine left and administered to himself, up the nose. Right as rain after four days. Wasn't even worried when one of the calves died two days getting the vaccine. :eek:

Brave man. I'd never try that

kill or cure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

It's a fine line between bravery and stupidity! I think he crossed the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Does he not no what a doctor is Jesus you have to wounded about people dome time

doing paperwork, watching liverpool game and cooking dinner:) and on boards

• Advertisement

Can see the headlines now:

Man dies after taking animal medicine, tighter controls sought for farm medicines.

Can see the headlines now:

Man dies after taking animal medicine, tighter controls sought for farm medicines.
    OR

Man cures common cold with trodax - new miracle drug! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hmmm interested, I've had 2 bad chest infections and a 2wk long cold this winter, way more than my usual one dose of the flu. Maybe I should take a shot myself :p

Timmaay wrote: »
    Hmmm interested, I've had 2 bad chest infections and a 2wk long cold this winter, way more than my usual one dose of the flu. Maybe I should take a shot myself :p

Ill send you up a bottle of holy water , drink it over two days in bed and it should do the trick aswell :D

Aunt and kids coming down from Mullingar today for Easter dinner so I got a heap of these chicks and have them hidden all over the other house where they're staying. There's chicks in mugs and under turf and behind curtains and in wellies :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement