Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Puts a reed back in for a neighbour yesterday, but he insisted on letting the cow out to a field afterwards. Even worse, a field on a slope, have to go see how she is today, not calving for a month or so he says. Pity he's lost the AI cert of her too :pac: :mad:

Also realised I have a houdini horse, he's been letting himself out of the calving pen all yesterday evening and today. Even tied the bolt and he undid it :o
    I thought at first he was jumping out as he's off a major jumping stallion but sat and watched him bite the bar and open it, then go over to the other calving pen and open that so he could go out the door!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Puts a reed back in for a neighbour yesterday, but he insisted on letting the cow out to a field afterwards. Even worse, a field on a slope, have to go see how she is today, not calving for a month or so he says. Pity he's lost the AI cert of her too :pac: :mad:
    !

Ya what?

The AI docket is no problem, she'll be on the monthly statements, or if he doesn't them a quick phone call and they'll tell ya over the phone her date!

Ya what?

The AI docket is no problem, she'll be on the monthly statements, or if he doesn't them a quick phone call and they'll tell ya over the phone her date!

The man is as stubborn as a donkey. He won't phone the AI man up with the tag as then he thinks the AI man will be laughing at him. :pac: Men!
    I'll see if I can get it myself later on. She's not wild so I can get close enough to her in the field anyway. She even has a name as she was bought in.
    Whelan's cow :pac: (I don't think she's yours though whelan)

The man is as stubborn as a donkey. He won't phone the AI man up with the tag as then he thinks the AI man will be laughing at him. :pac: Men!
    I'll see if I can get it myself later on. She's not wild so I can get close enough to her in the field anyway. She even has a name as she was bought in.
    Whelan's cow :pac: (I don't think she's yours though whelan)

If ya phone the office, the AI man won't even know about it, more the likely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

whelan2 wrote: »
    oh drove over his phone with lorry, its in about 50 pieces:eek:

So much for them traffic apps.

• Advertisement

If ya phone the office, the AI man won't even know about it, more the likely!

My AI man? Office? HAHAHAHAH. It could well be hidden on the floor of the van under breakfast roll wrappers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

td5man wrote: »
    HD otterbox. ;-)
    i have the otterbox cover, its very hard to see the screen when outside

Reggie. wrote: »
    Or one big flat piece ;)
    wonder will they give me an allowance on broken one when i go to get a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Timmaay wrote: »
    I honestly couldn't think of a worse place to waste a lovely sunny day or a worse crowd (lazy beer bellied footy fans)!

Ah timmaay I know what your saying but I have some great memories of days spent in the pub, back in the early 20s , pub with a few lads watching football, and gaa, backing a few horses and laughing all day,

I wouldn't class myself as a lazy beer bellied football fan, far from it but it was a some crack and would do it again in a heartbeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

i have the otterbox cover, its very hard to see the screen when outside

They are all the same

• Advertisement

wonder will they give me an allowance on broken one when i go to get a new one?

Couldn't tell ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Friends here now with their first production of Champagne.
    Looks like no more maize planted today!!

Not a bad way to spend an Easter Monday!!

sheebadog wrote: »
    Friends here now with their first production of Champagne.
    Looks like no more maize planted today!!

Not a bad way to spend an Easter Monday!!

Think of tomorrow morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

we left pub at 10, there was music startinsting then, would say theres a few sore heads this morning, bar men where rushed off their feet, 3 pints of heineken 12.60, thought that was cheap enough

ok so it takes about 10 to 12 ltrs of milk from your bulk tank to buy a pint

when I was in my hey day on the high stool :rolleyes:, a gallon of milk would buy 2 pints of Guinness

just goes to show the way buying power has changed

another instance , 6 butcher's lambs would buy 300 gallons green diesel , now it takes 12 to 14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Reggie. wrote: »
    Think of tomorrow morning

You sound like my late mother!

sheebadog wrote: »
    You sound like my late mother!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Ah timmaay I know what your saying but I have some great memories of days spent in the pub, back in the early 20s , pub with a few lads watching football, and gaa, backing a few horses and laughing all day,

I wouldn't class myself as a lazy beer bellied football fan, far from it but it was a some crack and would do it again in a heartbeat

Ha well I guess I am painting everyone with the same bush, not all beerbellys ha, its still good having the craic with afew mates if its spent in the pub or out doing some sorta hobby, but I guess I was lucky that way, in that I have always had a sport of some sort, use to race motorbikes back in the day, some epic weekends away with serious riding and drinking afterwards, I had some friends who did the whole pub drinking thing and whereas I did it the odd time, having a sport instead was always my 1st preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ha well I guess I am painting everyone with the same bush, not all beerbellys ha, its still good having the craic with afew mates if its spent in the pub or out doing some sorta hobby, but I guess I was lucky that way, in that I have always had a sport of some sort, use to race motorbikes back in the day, some epic weekends away with serious riding and drinking afterwards, I had some friends who did the whole pub drinking thing and whereas I did it the odd time, having a sport instead was always my 1st preference.

Riding and drinking?
    Hugh Heffner would be proud of ye :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

About to travel thru 4 airports, 2 of them some of the biggest airports around hungover as f***, not looking forward to it...

Milked out wrote: »
    About to travel thru 4 airports, 2 of them some of the biggest airports around hungover as f***, not looking forward to it...
    i flew home from austrailia very very hungover, was not nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Having the first of the day. All this pub talk made me thirsty. This is the third night in a row which is unheard of for us for the past 12 years.

Having the first of the day. All this pub talk made me thirsty. This is the third night in a row which is unheard of for us for the past 12 years.

Careful or it could be another 12 years before you get one

Wonder will the artist formerly known as bbam make a comeback

Wonder will the artist formerly known as bbam make a comeback

Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Ye wouldn't notice it unless your doing something that gets ya going a bit but it sure slows ya down the next day! 5 Mile cycle yesterday was hell ova lot harder than a 12 mile one today after Saturday night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Thats the beauty of the kids getting a bit older I reckon . I tell the wife if we dont go for the third one we can improve the social life instead

You'll get a bad name for yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Just watching Jimmy Doherty over in Spain looking at rabbit farming. Each breeding female will have approximately 100 young a year! Mad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

Muckit wrote: »
    Just watching Jimmy Doherty over in Spain looking at rabbit farming. Each breeding female will have approximately 100 young a year! Mad!!

Ya they breed like rabbits!!!

• Advertisement

Reminds me of the two best films I have ever watched Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources (spelling on both).

Reminds me of the two best films I have ever watched Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources (spelling on both).

Loved those films. Watched them in French class to improve our Aural work.

The teacher forgot about the scene where she's dancing with a few clothes missing though :D:pac:

Loved those films. Watched them in French class to improve our Aural work.

The teacher forgot about the scene where she's dancing with a few clothes missing though :D:pac:

Without a doubt in my mind the best films ever made.

And nice scenery :D

Without a doubt in my mind the best films ever made.

And nice scenery :D

You're on about the French countryside yes? ;)
    I'd question best films ever made but then again, I do have a lot of questionable ones on my HD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

1554338_688387397889006_1912894014177913288_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Just saw an ad for aldi, and a farmer looking happy at his gatd.
    Are these guys actors, farmers, both or neither?!

• Advertisement

You're on about the French countryside yes? ;)
    I'd question best films ever made but then again, I do have a lot of questionable ones on my HD!

More the fauna than the flora.

Thou shalt not question brilliance :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Was in the mart tonight, & had to sell for a friend.
    Saw EU Fund, what is that for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Farrell wrote: »
    Was in the mart tonight, & had to sell for a friend.
    Saw EU Fund, what is that for?

IFA/farming orginisations deductions.

Just saw an ad for aldi, and a farmer looking happy at his gatd.
    Are these guys actors, farmers, both or neither?!

Hes outstanding in his field.

Remember a happy turkey is a tasty turkey.
    Think that's what they call an oxymoron.

IFA/farming orginisations deductions.

For the ifa leaders to buy slat mats to fatten Larrys cattle on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

My AI man? Office? HAHAHAHAH. It could well be hidden on the floor of the van under breakfast roll wrappers!

the main office (dovea/pg/eurogene) should have a record.

Why are you putting a reed in a cow. Is she a saxophone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

whats a reed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

You stick it into them and it allows you to knock a tune outta them like an accordian :D

You stick it into them and it allows you to knock a tune outta them like an accordian :D

Sweet sounding farts

the main office (dovea/pg/eurogene) should have a record.

Why are you putting a reed in a cow. Is she a saxophone?

Yea I am going to ring AI man today, I know he keeps the double section of the book himself, only problem is that I haven't a clue what month she was AI'ed so he may have a bit of a search. He carries straws from bova/dovea and progressive so I don't think they can help!

Ach you know what I mean, the end of the calf bed or whatever it is!:P

Yea I am going to ring AI man today, I know he keeps the double section of the book himself, only problem is that I haven't a clue what month she was AI'ed so he may have a bit of a search. He carries straws from bova/dovea and progressive so I don't think they can !:P

Ring the office they'll have all the info you need. All's ya need to tell them is the name/address or herd no. , she'll pull it up onscreen in a couple of clicks!

Ring the office they'll have all the info you need. All's ya need to tell them is the name/address or herd no. , she'll pull it up onscreen in a couple of clicks!

Excellent. Now I have to get her tag and I'm all set.

Excellent. Now I have to get her tag and I'm all set.

Make sure she checks it out thoroughly in case the cow repeated. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Yea I am going to ring AI man today, I know he keeps the double section of the book himself, only problem is that I haven't a clue what month she was AI'ed so he may have a bit of a search. He carries straws from bova/dovea and progressive so I don't think they can help!

Ach you know what I mean, the end of the calf bed or whatever it is!:P

never heard that term. must we a wesht thing!

never heard that term. must we a wesht thing!

Really? What's your term for it? Actually I recall Bodacious having a cow this time last year that was at it. Wonder how she fared out in the end.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement