Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

u would want to be careful,

he could get up in the middle night and mistake you for a sheep

I heard stories about what them big conemara men do to sheep;)

Sure they're not in in May :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

gadetra wrote: »
    Sure they're not in in May :
    have you ever tried to catch a sheep in the field

there is always a few inside for emergencies

Sure they're not in in May :
    have you ever tried to catch a sheep in the field

there is always a few inside for emergencies

Best not bring the sheepskin so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Yep I am hoping there are. I need to improve my googling skills! I was just wondering if someone knew of somewhere cheap that wasn't a total hole!

Stayed in the hostel in the middle of town there around 15 yrs ago - very clean. Maybe check tripadvisor or google it, sorry but can't remember the name.

Taltos wrote: »
    Stayed in the hostel in the middle of town there around 15 yrs ago - very clean. Maybe check tripadvisor or google it, sorry but can't remember the name.
    you are showing your age now:D, celtic tiger probably done for that place

Thanks I'll check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

Base price wrote: »
    We let 66 calves out yesterday into a paddock beside the house. Two exits which have double row of electric fence. I put an extra line of white tape so they could see it.
    Anyway long story short after a while the calves started disappearing through the fences in all directions.
    Fecking ESB was off again :mad:
    I think I will take up cross country running since I had lots of practice yesterday ;)

think you better pay that esb bill :D:D:D

we train the calves to the electric fence in the yard for a couple of hours before we let them to the field saves a lot of hassle,

Why not try one of the B&&Bs there. My memory is shot so don't rely on my "tiger" memory of a hostel.

Why not try one of the B&&Bs there. My memory is shot so don't rely on my "tiger" memory of a hostel.

Had a look at B&B's but they were all quite pricey. I am scoping out hostels now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Sister gone away today, can't contact her. At €40 I'd say you'd be looking at hostels for sure as single B&B rates would be higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Had a look at B&B's but they were all quite pricey. I am scoping out hostels now

Perhaps stick a request up on the Boards "cycling" thread, see if any friendly fellow cyclist can help?

Or do only Dublin based hipsters post there?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Sister gone away today, can't contact her. At €40 I'd say you'd be looking at hostels for sure as single B&B rates would be higher.

Just looking on hostelworld there now for the craic. A B&B in the countryside for €32. Not too bad, I'd almost travel down for a weekend at that!

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Just looking on hostelworld there now for the craic. A B&B in the countryside for €32. Not too bad, I'd almost got down for a weekend at that!

some speel and you a newly appointed mod:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Base price wrote: »
    We let 66 calves out yesterday into a paddock beside the house.

If i let out 66 calves i would either
    (a) have someone else's calves or
    (b) need a bigger paddock:D

some speel and you a newly appointed mod:D

Hahaha, trust you to notice that!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Perhaps stick a request up on the Boards "cycling" thread, see if any friendly fellow cyclist can help?

Or do only Dublin based hipsters post there?:D

I have the cycling forum angle covered :cool:

Ha ha I think they're spelling it hypster now :P

I have the cycling forum angle covered :cool:

Ha ha I think they're spelling it hypster now :P

what would I know? Can't fit in the skinny jeans, don't like cardigans, and have a specialized hybrid instead of a fixie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

The first time I ever stayed in a hostel was last Saturday night. In Claremorris in Mayo. Top of the range job. No one there only our own group, €15 a head inc breakfast (juice/cereal/toast). Couldn't be bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Does the Tour de Connemara go by your place Con??. Its getting heavy promo on the radio ATM, seems to be of growing importance on the pro-cycling circut too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭case 956

Girlfriend arrived home from college today with a battery operated clippers she bought me to make life handier for cutting tails

case 956 wrote: »
    Girlfriend arrived home from college today with a battery operated clippers she bought me to make life handier for cutting tails

Maybe it's her way of telling ya to get a haircut or shave:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Maybe it's her way of telling ya to get a haircut or shave:D

If she arrives back with a grinder he's in bother

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    what would I know? Can't fit in the skinny jeans, don't like cardigans, and have a specialized hybrid instead of a fixie!

A hybrid? They'll never let ya in with that :P ya'll have to get U some deep v's and ironic cords. I think for men the beard is step one. Let it go and don't go near it till ya can curl the 'tache an ya'll be an entry level hipster.

Oh an there's no size limit on skinny jeans sadly *shudders*.
    I seen a hipster walkin down the street of the town back home, and I couldn't believe it. It's like a virus now, it can no longer be contained!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Just wondering is anyone else having trouble logging on to agfood.ie today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Does the Tour de Connemara go by your place Con??. Its getting heavy promo on the radio ATM, seems to be of growing importance on the pro-cycling circut too.

Yeah both the 80km & 140km routes go by here, must remember not to run any of the cyclists down now I know a F&Fer is in their number :D

• Advertisement

tanko wrote: »

Was working early this morning, then stopped for a while. Seems to be back online now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,857 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

tanko wrote: »
    eircom webmail was down from last night, pain in the butt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

whelan2 wrote: »
    eircom webmail was down from last night, pain in the butt

have changed to gmx here , eircom is an utter pita especially if using microsoft office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭case 956

Reggie. wrote: »
    If she arrives back with a grinder he's in bother

if she ever buys a burdizzo I will run for my life :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

The first time I ever stayed in a hostel was last Saturday night. In Claremorris in Mayo. Top of the range job. No one there only our own group, €15 a head inc breakfast (juice/cereal/toast). Couldn't be bet.

Had ye to bunk in with others ? Herself booked us in to a hostel a few years ago and we were supposed to share with a few others . Not a chance when I saw the gowns that were moping around

• Advertisement

We stayed in a hostel in Harlem in Holland, a few years back. Had the room to ourselves first night, but the second, there was a couple of Canadian Muslims. It was some procedure to see them get ready for the leaba!
    Anyway, I have never heard snoring like it. He had a Bass rumble, and then she joined in with a more falsetto type effort. After about 3 hours, they synchronised, and continued in that manner till dawn. By God, it was a long night.

moy83 wrote: »
    Had ye to bunk in with others ? Herself booked us in to a hostel a few years ago and we were supposed to share with a few others . Not a chance when I saw the gowns that were moping around

Myself and my two young lads in a room with a double bed, a single bed and two sets of bunk beds.
    We were in bed about ten mins, I was reading, I thought the lads were asleep, outside an Ass took to roar not too far away. The younger lad lept up in the bed "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT" says he. I think I could have told him anything, but I told him what it was and he headed off to sleep:cool:

Myself and my two young lads in a room with a double bed, a single bed and two sets of bunk beds.
    We were in bed about ten mins, I was reading, I thought the lads were asleep, outside an Ass took to roar not too far away. The younger lad lept up in the bed "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT" says he. I think I could have told him anything, but I told him what it was and he headed off to sleep:cool:

Young lads and bunk beds :eek: If they were my two there would be bungee jumping till all hours :D

I've stayed in many hostels but the oddest experience n once was the summer was camping/climbing in France. We were evacuated out of a campsite very early one morning because of an avalanche so we were all carted off to a hostel and females and males couldn't share. I was travelling with two lads so was put in with two random women. One of them snored like the devil reincarnated and the other talked in her sleep. Only I didn't realise this, so there I was having a full blown conversation right back in my pidgeon French because I couldn't understand her. :pac:

Yeah both the 80km & 140km routes go by here, must remember not to run any of the cyclists down now I know a F&Fer is in their number :D

Ha ha no way I will wave at you when I go by! Where are you on the route? I will keep my eyes peeled for *insert Fraaanch accent* grand project drain-age ;)

I will be very easy to spot. I will be the only person and lady on a steel frame bike with chrome mudguards, it's bright metallic blue, 36 years old, and very rattley. You'll hear me before you see me. You can run the quiet ones down :p

On hostels, I stayed in a mental hostel in Llubiana (sp?). Booked a different one but got a lift from the owner of one down the road. He put us all into his golf, and drove at 60 mph (at Least!) with one hand, and when he got a message, he took that one hand off the wheel and texted back :eek: Hostel was packed when we got there so we slept in the shower on a duvet. There were 16 people in the room, 2 to a bed :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

jt65 wrote: »
    think you better pay that esb bill :D:D:D

we train the calves to the electric fence in the yard for a couple of hours before we let them to the field saves a lot of hassle,
    We use the paddock beside the house for the same reason. Unfortunately it did not work this time :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Damn it anyway.
    Spread a tonne of fert after work.
    I knew it Would rain an bit but it's been heavy enough since and I looked at the rainfall radar and it seems it's going to be rain for another hour or two.

How much is too much??
    :(

_Brian wrote: »
    Damn it anyway.
    I knew it Would rain an bit but it's been heavy enough since and I looked at the rainfall radar and it seems it's going to be rain for another hour or two.

How much is too much??

I'd say it will be grand , the ground is probably dry enough after the last couple of weeks anyhow

moy83 wrote: »
    I'd say it will be grand , the ground is probably dry enough after the last couple of weeks anyhow

That's what I'd be thinking, the ground is dry with us and has the capacity to take on a good sup before it becomes an issue.

Damn it anyway.

How much is too much??

Twill be fine'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

When is the deadline for transferring of entitlements does anybody know?

.Kovu. wrote: »
    I've stayed in many hostels but the oddest experience n once was the summer was camping/climbing in France. We were evacuated out of a campsite very early one morning because of an avalanche so we were all carted off to a hostel and females and males couldn't share. I was travelling with two lads so was put in with two random women. One of them snored like the devil reincarnated and the other talked in her sleep. Only I didn't realise this, so there I was having a full blown conversation right back in my pidgeon French because I couldn't understand her. :pac:

My best experience in a hostel was years ago in Wicklow - don't want to be specific. There with a group of girls on a school trip. Middle of the night the guy in charge comes into the communal room - "Girl's are yiz alrights? Anyone need a cuddle???" - queue lots of fake snoring... Knew he was coming, heard him falling up the road with his mate after being thrown out of the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Damn it anyway.

How much is too much??

Surface water run off is the only way fert is lost with rain. Takes an awfull lot of rain to create these conditions, constant heavy rain over a long period or heavy thunder rain on hard dry ground. You should be fine.

My best experience in a hostel was years ago in Wicklow - don't want to be specific. There with a group of girls on a school trip. Middle of the night the guy in charge comes into the communal room - "Girl's are yiz alrights? Anyone need a cuddle???" - queue lots of fake snoring... Knew he was coming, heard him falling up the road with his mate after being thrown out of the pub.

oh yea, likely story, so did you get that cuddle then

Henwin wrote: »

i think its may 16, i had to do some also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

oh yea, likely story, so did you get that cuddle then

no i got something even better;)

no i got something even better;)

do we change your name to "on the taltos";)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

do we change your name to "on the taltos";)

or maybe 'on you';)

Bleugh that makes my skin crawl. Hideous old fcuker. I be boiling wit rage if I was one of those young ladies (although it's been a while since I was in school :pac: ). He'd be getting a right earful from me the next morning. Ugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Henwin wrote: »

15 th of May. Trying to get thru to the transfer unit this am. Impossible!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement