Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

rangler1 wrote: »
    I like the IFJ, read most of it everyweek.
    Irish Times wrote a report on it a couple months ago which I thought summed it up, it gives the circulation there as well

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/media-and-marketing/irish-farmers-journal-a-leader-in-the-newspaper-field-1.1705625?page=2

The only paper I read is the free one that comes in the letter box on a friday morning.
    Any others is done on line.
    Re netflix I use it a lot you can have a number of people on your account even with different IP addresses so its well worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Tb test done officially de-restricted again happy days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

blue5000 wrote: »
    You'd wonder about it, has it a future? I'm the opposite to whelan, my parents buy it and then pass it on to me. Most weeks I just glance through it, maybe we should have a review of it on here at lunchtime on thursdays, one of us buy it and the rest of us can find out if it's worth the money or not for that week.

I reckon when my parent's generation pass on the journal will go with them. Still it's probably better than the 'yellow peril':pac:
    ah my mother has to do the crossword in the journal everyweek, there would be war if it was done when she got it. I get the raw end of the stick as i pay for the papers:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

whelan2 wrote: »
    ah my mother has to do the crossword in the journal everyweek, there would be war if it was done when she got it. I get the raw end of the stick as i pay for the papers:rolleyes:

Surely you wount have the time to sit down let alone start a crossword :D

in my spare hour:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

simx wrote: »
    Tb test done officially de-restricted again happy days :D

nice feeling, not long off test here too, a few tags in cows and bull ears for this new scheme and open the shed doors to fcuk

i wonder if a man dropped the electric fence and gave them the run off the place would they manage on their own for a month or 2:D

have bord gais back in doing drains again, they spent nearly 2 months here last summer and i wasnt happy with how some of it turned out. My dad said not to ask them to come back but if you dont ask you dont get;)

nice feeling, not long off test here too, a few tags in cows and bull ears for this new scheme and open the shed doors to fcuk

i wonder if a man dropped the electric fence and gave them the run off the place would they manage on their own for a month or 2:D

Only had to do this one test as had two doubtfulls and they killed without legions so have a smile from ear to ear today now, going to have a job buy back now, cows are hot enough

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Only had to do this one test as had two doubtfulls and they killed without legions so have a smile from ear to ear today now, going to have a job buy back now, cows are hot enough
    It's all ahead of me unfortunately. I have two rounds of tests to go through. Cows that went down were left to me until they calved...last one only calved yesterday so will be collected next week. Two months from then roughly i suppose I'll be tested again. I'll never take a good test for granted again!

• Advertisement

Parishlad wrote: »
    It's all ahead of me unfortunately. I have two rounds of tests to go through. Cows that went down were left to me until they calved...last one only calved yesterday so will be collected next week. Two months from then roughly i suppose I'll be tested again. I'll never take a good test for granted again!

I know what ya mean, it's been years since a hiccup here and ya wouldn't think much of annual herd test only running them in for the vet, know a lad that was locked up for 7/8 years up until about two weeks ago, that wouldn't bear thinking about

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

I know what ya mean, it's been years since a hiccup here and ya wouldn't think much of annual herd test only running them in for the vet, know a lad that was locked up for 7/8 years up until about two weeks ago, that wouldn't bear thinking about

It can happen. I will be sh**ing myself coming up to the next test. My poor mother will have every prayer to every saint recited a hundred times!

Parishlad wrote: »
    It can happen. I will be sh**ing myself coming up to the next test. My poor mother will have every prayer to every saint recited a hundred times!

Oh I know, dept. Vet said he was the longest he ever seen down by a country mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

In Budapest on a long weekend break. ...... just thought I'd let ye know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

in my spare hour:D

on call 23.5hours a day :D

enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Ahhhh 3 days of flat out beering. How I have missed you :D
    Wonder can I compete with my college days :F

nice city enjoy, goulash is superb and the beer is strong and the ladies, ahhhh the ladies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

This is day 2 here. Thumbs up on all 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

This is day 2 here. Thumbs up on all 3 points

Try the "Terror House" museum on Andrassey street. I found it quite an experience. Especially the lift to the basement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Try Iguana if you fancy some Mexican food (Mexican food in Hungary, yes, I know...), and a Mexican coffee or three are to be tried, just beware they're potent.

• Advertisement

Try Iguana if you fancy some Mexican food (Mexican food in Hungary, yes, I know...), and a Mexican coffee or three are to be tried, just beware they're potent.

in what way con, like would they singe the hair on yer b@lls on the way out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

in what way con, like would they singe the hair on yer b@lls on the way out

In how they will interfere with your internal navigation system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭just_did_it

Mighty growth these days

at last a glass of wine, cheers;)

Just realised I let the cows out and forgot to tag the fcukers for the new scheme:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Just realised I let the cows out and forgot to tag the fcukers for the new scheme:eek:

Ah Charliebull, losing the touch?
    I did ours yesterday.

Ah Charliebull, losing the touch?
    I did ours yesterday.

Fcuk it, they can wait, going to post a open envelope and tell them they must have fallen out, or else tag the dog

does everyone have to do them, we didnt get tags yet for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Down in Kilkenny for the weekend, great music in the town, Bluegrass and Roots festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Was at the last of the slurry on pasture today and forgot to double close a gate. Horse is an escape artist with gates so away he went walkies into the slurry and rolled in it. He is plastered with it, head to flippin toe :pac:

*grumble, grumble grumble, goes to get bucket*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Sitting in hospital with pregnant wife waiting for induction to work since 2pm....going to be a looong nite.....fingers crossed we will have a little pair of mucky wellies on the farm in no time!

Sitting in hospital with pregnant wife waiting for induction to work since 2pm....going to be a looong nite.....fingers crossed we will have a little pair of mucky wellies on the farm in no time!
    thats a long time to be waiting can they not give here a jell or get the consultent to do a sweep

naughto wrote: »
    thats a long time to be waiting can they not give here a jell or get the consultent to do a sweep

Got sweep yeasterday, got gel twice,hopfully she goes tonite or it will b more gel at 9am

Got sweep yeasterday, got gel twice,hopfully she goes tonite or it will b more gel at 9am
    or out the sunroof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

or out the sunroof

:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

_Brian wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Twins is it? :-)

or out the sunroof
    yup thats what happened to me. induced twice and the section, very very sick after wards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

or out the sunroof

Poor girl. That's a long time. Wife went through the same. Induction is a lot tougher on them than natural going into labour.
    Wish ye the best

yup thats what happened to me. induced twice and the section, very very sick after wards
    its the jell from what i am told that makes you sick as it is goes in to your system,my misses is a nurse thats why i no this.
    all i mo is that if men had to have the kids there would be very few kids in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Time drags when u are waiting, hopefully things will start happening soon. Best of luck to u both.

its the jell from what i am told that makes you sick as it is goes in to your system,my misses is a nurse thats why i no this.
    all i mo is that if men had to have the kids there would be very few kids in the world
    ah it was other things too, 10 days in hospital after first lad was born, went straight for a section on the other 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Was in that situation with the missus almost two years ago...
    Now we have a small girl, who as soon as i get home every evening - she runs to me, either wellies on, or in hand, shouting "ou ou ou ou" (out out out out) :)
    Its a lovely feeling :)

The very best of luck to ye both :)

Thanks lads, this is our first we are really looking forward to it arriving, I was sent home to bed now so heres hoping for a phone call soon!

Buckled, I wonder is the wife awake, nudge nudge, wink wink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

She probably has the electric fence up down the middle of the bed :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Well , was she awake Charlie ? If not I hope she had samwhichs left out for you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Just home now from last night. I will have less of the brightness please morning! Ugh today is gonna be hard *groan*

any news:)

moy83 wrote: »
    Well , was she awake Charlie ? If not I hope she had samwhichs left out for you

She was awake , only problem it was the neighbours house;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Oh oh

'The neighbours charolais bull broke in!'

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement