Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭case 956

went for a meal last night with the family, few drinks after ended up in the night club, wasn't the healthiest milking this morning and the father usually up whe I arrive to farm every morn but I was a hour late and still no sign, I think the sisters fed him too much beer :P thank god for relief milker coming in the morning, I couldn't face another of this morning tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

case 956 wrote: »
    went for a meal last night with the family, few drinks after ended up in the night club, wasn't the healthiest milking this morning and the father usually up whe I arrive to farm every morn but I was a hour late and still no sign, I think the sisters fed him too much beer :P thank god for relief milker coming in the morning, I couldn't face another of this morning tomorrow
    long milking here this morning, was a bit late starting, cows had loads of milk, 4 new heifers to milk, calves to tag etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

She was awake , only problem it was the neighbours house;)

I dont see the problem . A change is as good a rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

They broke her waters at 9am,..putting her on drip at 11 to try get her going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

They broke her waters at 9am,..putting her on drip at 11 to try get her going

I was going to say that to you last night. If she's going on the oxy drip make sure she gets the epidural asap. It makes the contractions very intense and fairly continuous with very little break between them. All of the other induction methods are hit and miss by comparison. A good anaesthetist will reduce the dosage as the baby gets close to being delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Buckled, I wonder is the wife awake, nudge nudge, wink wink

If you sneak in trying not to wake her, she'll wake and if you make as much racket as you can she'll be asleep!!!!

I was going to say that to you last night. If she's going on the oxy drip make sure she gets the epidural asap. It makes the contractions very intense and fairly continuous with very little break between them. All of the other induction methods are hit and miss by comparison. A good anaesthetist will reduce the dosage as the baby gets close to being delivered.

She got epidural before lunch starting drip after....here we go...hopefully!

best of luck

is reggie missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Ya foxer, best wishes to you both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Best of luck. Tis an amazing experience.
    Im sure all will go grand. You'll be thinking about names in no time. ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Best of luck. Tis an amazing experience.
    Im sure all will go grand. You'll be thinking about names in no time. ...

If it's a boy call it charlie after charliebull
    If it's a girl call it Blue ivy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Very very best of luck weatherbyfoxer, i hope everything goes smoothly. Your wife must be exhausted, hopefully not long now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

Have a field that hasnt been reseeded in god knows how long. Its great dry field but when ya look close theres alot of small weeds growing up with grass, (broadleaf and chickweed type)would mcpa kill these weeds? Also ragweed at rosette stage, would mcpa do a job on them and be safe if cattle off the field for 2-3 weeks. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

I was struggling to get 20+ cows / calves out onto farm track .. 10ft gate .. They know the route . .. Could I hell get them out .. Broke three times on me and were really cutting up the paddock after lastnight rain.. Lead cow was looking at something .. 2 Flippin tourist with bright rain gear on half hiding in the hedge and kept coming out to take photos and this was turning them back into field on me.... Was fit to be tied but sure what can you do .. They just don't understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Bodacious wrote: »
    I was struggling to get 20+ cows / calves out onto farm track .. 10ft gate .. They know the route . .. Could I hell get them out .. Broke three times on me and were really cutting up the paddock after lastnight rain.. Lead cow was looking at something .. 2 Flippin tourist with bright rain gear on half hiding in the hedge and kept coming out to take photos and this was turning them back into field on me.... Was fit to be tied but sure what can you do .. They just don't understand

You should have brought them in to give you a hand !

why blue ivy, i like the name daisy for a girl, if last child had of been a girl thats what i would have called it, doesnt sound as good on a boy:)

whelan2 wrote: »
    why blue ivy, i like the name daisy for a girl, if last child had of been a girl thats what i would have called it, doesnt sound as good on a boy:)[/QUOTE

You can adopt me if you like:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Or go hippy and call it " on ther river"
    whelan2 wrote: »
    why blue ivy, i like the name daisy for a girl, if last child had of been a girl thats what i would have called it, doesnt sound as good on a boy:)

The man is a full blown hippy:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

moy83 wrote: »
    You should have brought them in to give you a hand !

;-) .. I just asked them to step into field opposite or back up round the corner a bit

Over the moon to say im now a dad, baby mia 6.11lbs born at 4.49...mum and baby flying it!

Over the moon to say im now a dad, baby mia 6.11lbs born at 4.49...mum and baby flying it!

Congrats lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Congratulations!

brilliant, well done... delighted for the 2 of you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Congrats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Great news. Congratulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Well done. The first farming boards baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Congratulations to you both .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭visatorro

Congrats

Fair play to ye.
    Make sure she gets some beastings into her. Your gallivanting days are over now.
    Welcome to the club!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Wahoo!!!

:)

Great news! Congrats to the both of ye :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

Congrats, & Good Luck !

jt65 wrote: »
    Congrats, & Good Luck !

See ya all tomorrow or tuesday heading for a few or a few dozen with herself and friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Congratulations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Congratulations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

has any one see reggie?
    i wounder do they have women like this in his unit/platoon

1HYHpbp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

nice one !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Congratulations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Hard to believe its Sunday. Brilliant craic down in Kerry here. Definitely upgrading car soon if I can. Had about 6 yrs sleep in the last two days between drinking and watching lads wrecking the ****e out of cars on back roads.
    Now time for more beer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Hard to believe its Sunday. Brilliant craic down in Kerry here. Definitely upgrading car soon if I can. Had about 6 yrs sleep in the last two days between drinking and watching lads wrecking the ****e out of cars on back roads.

There'll be 600 jex in that field going home.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

Congrats and all the best to you and family.

Congratulations to you both. Mia is going to have great and proud parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Heard a good one on Qi

"Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people look bright till you hear them speak"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Heard a good one on Qi

"Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people look bright till you hear them speak"

That's me tonight so :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Congratulations, you're blessed amongst women now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Good man. And congratulations to Mrs foxer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Great news and delighted to hear that baby Mia and Mam are doing well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I was only in bed for a few minutes before I heard roaring in the distance.
    Biddy (the only cow on the farm) is bulling :)
    I got her dates from our friend that we bought her from and put her with a 16 month PBR FR bull for a few mins for the last 2 days but alas no joy.
    Hopefully tomorrow will be a different story and love is in the air (JP Young), fingers crossed :D

Sure yeve the place ruined down here. Vroom here, vroom there. Roads covered with donuts. Mad busy trying to get through town to get to the outfarm. Garages are a no go and yeve even taken over the mart. I don't know what to do with ye. Only codding u Greengrass. Tis a shame they didn't get better weather for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Wasn't down there in two years now, some gallery alright, didn't get down this year as testing on the Friday and finishing roofing a shed on sat, will be there next year for sure, upgrading car? I thought you had a good aul yoke already?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement