Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

simx wrote: »
    Wasn't down there in two years now, some gallery alright, didn't get down this year as testing on the Friday and finishing roofing a shed on sat, will be there next year for sure, upgrading car? I thought you had a good aul yoke already?

Ah ye I do but want a RWD for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Over the moon to say im now a dad, baby mia 6.11lbs born at 4.49...mum and baby flying it!

I can honestly say that your life will never be the same again. And I mean that in all the good ways. Yes there will be teething and sleepless nights and nappies that seemed only to be half the size they should have been but those memories fade quickly once your over them.
    My advise is simple, your baby is unique, don't put too much weight on people saying "you have to do this" or "this worked great for us", find what works for you and be happy at it. And take the time to enjoy your family, they really grow so quickly - be there as much as you can. My eldest is eleven and it seems only yesterday we were handed a wee wrapped bundle into our arms. The times you have ahead are truly magical - enjoy every one !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Ah ye I do but want a RWD for a while

Feckin dairy farmers, too much money between new tractors and buying cars to burn tyres off :D, Make sure if and when purchasing that it can be off loaded easily again when you've had your fun, what did you have In mind?

simx wrote: »
    Feckin dairy farmers, too much money between new tractors and buying cars to burn tyres off :D, Make sure if and when purchasing that it can be off loaded easily again when you've had your fun, what did you have In mind?

Haven't a clue. Love the twin cams but there savage dear. Lad in apartments here blew the engine in his last night. There was a knock coming off it and he said be easier to just replace engine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Erm... we ARE talking about participation in the Killarney Rally Of The Lakes here, aren't we?
    Not some sort of boy racer hooliganism???

• Advertisement

Rovi wrote: »
    Erm... we ARE talking about participation in the Killarney Rally Of The Lakes here, aren't we?
    Not some sort of boy racer hooliganism???
    Ye these are lads that came down for the weekend to watch rally and see cars
    Ah now to be fair I wouldn't refers these lads to boy racers there serious about there cars like and know there stuff. Alot worth 6-8k id say. Can't compare them to some 17 yr old in a little starlet with a bean tin on the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Fair enough.
    The sort of carry on described here:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/arrests-as-1000-lsquoboy-racersrsquo-flock-to-killarney-267490.html
    ...would obviously fall foul of the charter here if it was being advocated or condoned.

Fair enough.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/arrests-as-1000-lsquoboy-racersrsquo-flock-to-killarney-267490.html
    ...would obviously fall foul of the charter here if it was being advocated or condoned.

Ah well ye plenty of that going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Fair enough.

Just looked at the first page of their farming section. You'd wonder if they only have a dairy correspondent :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Haven't a clue. Love the twin cams but there savage dear. Lad in apartments here blew the engine in his last night. There was a knock coming off it and he said be easier to just replace engine

I had one for a good while and loved it, but got an Evo 7 after that and it's the best car I ever had. Iv had the lot unfortunately ha!

• Advertisement

I had one for a good while and loved it, but got an Evo 7 after that and it's the best car I ever had. Iv had the lot unfortunately ha!

I take it she's not standard? Ha what was the can like to run. There a serious price to buy

I take it she's not standard? Ha what was the can like to run. There a serious price to buy

Far from it. Runs grate very hard to drive it normal! :-) but after having one if I got one agen she would be in the shed and cum out now and agen. Very hard after a while to use as an every day car. Just to hard to mind. Your talking the best part of 10g for a good one that's not a rust bucket but you'll sell it agen if it's clean. If your going to spend the cash on a car like that I'd go for a cam. Any of the nissans ect are next to impossible to sell afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

_Brian wrote: »
    I can honestly say that your life will never be the same again. And I mean that in all the good ways. Yes there will be teething and sleepless nights and nappies that seemed only to be half the size they should have been but those memories fade quickly once your over them.
    My advise is simple, your baby is unique, don't put too much weight on people saying "you have to do this" or "this worked great for us", find what works for you and be happy at it. And take the time to enjoy your family, they really grow so quickly - be there as much as you can. My eldest is eleven and it seems only yesterday we were handed a wee wrapped bundle into our arms. The times you have ahead are truly magical - enjoy every one !!

Excellent advice there

naughto wrote: »
    has any one see reggie?
    i wounder do they have women like this in his unit/platoon

1HYHpbp.jpg

Have to laugh at such photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Reggie. wrote: »
    Have to laugh at such photos

Glad yer back lad. There was an sos out for ya.

Glad yer back lad. There was an sos out for ya.

Ah I seen the flares :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Going to Italy tomorrow....see the Vatican, look for the garavellis, etc,etc,

rangler1 wrote: »

Tell them to buy more lamb :D The Italians, not the Garavellis, for obvious reasons.

Tell them to buy more lamb :D The Italians, not the Garavellis, for obvious reasons.

Would ya have enough on stock to fill the order :D

Would ya have enough on stock to fill the order :D

I'm sure I could find them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! ..fingers crossed wife and baby comming home tomorrow according to the midwife

I'm sure I could find them.

Balaclava on order is it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

The dog will never wear a balaclava going across the hill , it would blinker him too much

moy83 wrote: »
    The dog will never wear a balaclava going across the hill , it would blinker him too much

But at least he would match the owner

Not at all, too much competition in that thievery lark for my liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! ..fingers crossed wife and baby comming home tomorrow according to the midwife
    great news, get good sleep tonight

Not at all, too much competition in that thievery lark for my liking.

The government doesn't like competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

anyone watching the liverpool game or the snooker?

whelan2 wrote: »

Just watching the pursuit of happiness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭visatorro

Watching soccer in pub, they'll turn over to the snooker then. Hopefully it will still be on.

Why is it when you take a day off every ache and pain hits ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭visatorro

Old age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

whelan2 wrote: »

Ya forgot paint drying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

I said wrote: »
    Ya forgot paint drying

I didn't see the Liverpool game but from what I've seen online the last 11 minutes were far from paint drying. It's the most exciting title race in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

I didn't see the Liverpool game but from what I've seen online the last 11 minutes were far from paint drying. It's the most exciting title race in years.

Hopefully, lots of times it's been over too early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

69kg calf out of a charolais cow. Nearly broke me. And shes been on a restricted diet with 8 weeks. Absolute monster.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    69kg calf out of a charolais cow. Nearly broke me. And shes been on a restricted diet with 8 weeks. Absolute monster.

Good stuff out of you lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

It nearly broke you! What about the poor cow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

I know people who wean calves at 70
    kgs!

rangler1 wrote: »

Nice, try sell more beef ha,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Ah well ye plenty of that going on.

10155841_509771892462418_9123065879004950317_n.jpg?oh=ede8fe2ed87b3abb516b7d56ced93072&oe=53DFF490

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

naughto wrote: »
    10155841_509771892462418_9123065879004950317_n.jpg?oh=ede8fe2ed87b3abb516b7d56ced93072&oe=53DFF490

I was on the way down to cork from Dublin today on the motorway. I saw 7 souped up cars pulled in by the cops at different points. To the cops, it was like shooting fish in a barrel

It nearly broke you! What about the poor cow :)

I know I was worried would she stand but when I tried to stand her, up she got and off course being the quitest cow I have made for me. I knew by her she'd be flighty so over the gate with me. I can move when I have to.

I know people who wean calves at 70
    kgs!

Haha ya we used do that ourselves once upon a time. Apart from the time carried by her i Don't know where the size came from. If I knew how id throw up a pic of the whure. Just finished defrosting beastings for him and I see him on the camera sucking away to beat the band. Typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Just finished defrosting beastings for him and I see him on the camera sucking away to beat the band. Typical.

Don't knock it. That's exactly what ya want to see!
    Beastings pudding on the menu now :-)

Don't knock it. That's exactly what ya want to see!
    Beastings pudding on the menu now :-)

Oh Jesus, I thought that was just a story my suld fella used to tell me! !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=518XP8prwZo

Check this out. It's amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Link has been banned for irish viewing. :(

Muckit wrote: »
    Link has been banned for irish viewing. :(

Usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

brilliant

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement