Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

How long after calving to reg a calf, I missed one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Hiding in the rushes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,867 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

busy day today, calves for mart, hoof pairing man coming, he will de bud calves too. drainage man here, going to let aa bull with sucklers, one of the kids is sick and has to go to doctor too

Reggie. wrote: »
    Hiding in the rushes :D

John the Baptist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

28 days I think from memory. But as Reggie said, if your rushes are long it's hard to spot them all :-)

28 days I think from memory. But as Reggie said, if your rushes are long it's hard to spot them all :-)

Calf tagged just not reg, typical fr bull and a lad here to buy him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Calf tagged just not reg, typical fr bull and a lad here to buy him

I think it 21 days , but sure cant you just match up the dates to have him around that age anyhow . If you register him now online and apply for a movement permit online straight away think will it let you do it with the rest . It would only be a matter of waiting a few day for the card then

moy83 wrote: »
    I think it 21 days , but sure cant you just match up the dates to have him around that age anyhow . If you register him now online and apply for a movement permit online straight away think will it let you do it with the rest . It would only be a matter of waiting a few day for the card then
    i think you have 21 days to tag and then the 7 days extra for reg, 28 days is stuck in my mind for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

had "travelling salesman" here this morning telling me he was here to paint sheds. that he was told he do it before christmas and was after ordering paint especially for the job. bull****. as politely as i could i told him he wasnt goin painting anything. he wouldnt leave yard for ten mins. its after putting me in bad humour now for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

visatorro wrote: »
    had "travelling salesman" here this morning telling me he was here to paint sheds. that he was told he do it before christmas and was after ordering paint especially for the job. bull****. as politely as i could i told him he wasnt goin painting anything. he wouldnt leave yard for ten mins. its after putting me in bad humour now for the day.
    What drives me mad is being directed out of your own gate by travelling salesmen. A woman is no good to them. Happened me last wknd and i pulled up in the gateway to ask them what they wanted. Replied that himself was lookin for a nut cracker! Told them he wouldn't be back til late. When they were gone i locked the gate. if i ever win lottery going to get electric gates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

What I do is pull out the mobile phone and take pics of them and their vehicles.
    They love that! :)

Only got a visit the once from them. They called in to the yard and after a bit of a chat, he wanted to know what I did for a living. Informed him I farmed part time and was in the gardai. Well he left very shortly afterwards and haven't seen them since :D

Knocking a bit of hay for the horses today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

sheebadog wrote: »
    Knocking a bit of hay for the horses today.

Blow a bit if that sun and heat further north will ya,grass growing out of control here and need to knock a few paddocks for wraps ,feckin Irish weather!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

naughto wrote: »
    10155841_509771892462418_9123065879004950317_n.jpg?oh=ede8fe2ed87b3abb516b7d56ced93072&oe=53DFF490

I wonder where the cone was? :D
    Ye that was under the fly over on tgecway to Tralee.
    Took a spin to Tralee on the Saturday and there was nearly 2 miles of tyre marks in the road

• Advertisement

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Blow a bit if that sun and heat further north will ya,grass growing out of control here and need to knock a few paddocks for wraps ,feckin Irish weather!!

Won't be long before the mower is out here either

Took a spin to Tralee on the Saturday and there was nearly 2 miles of tyre marks in the road[

Why do these idiots bother going to rally's??.giving real car enthuastitis and rally fans a bad name..bet none of them were up molls gap or on any of the stages.i used to go to a lot of rally's and actually go to the stages but thiscelement has ruined the sport.i had a mint 205 1.9 gti fully original with no manky body kit or loud exhaust ,I loved that car!!,sold it to a neighbour a few years ago and he brings in out during the sumner,still like new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=518XP8prwZo

Check this out. It's amazing.
    That is amazing, I've never seen anything like it.

Had them round the wife's uncles place a while back "to replace the gutters" Pushed him into it as he was on his own on the farm at the time and then they got run by the neighbours half way through the job, then the neighbours rang me. Had to get the gutters redone after them. :mad: Wish I had been there at the time I can tell you.

How's the ryegrass and crimson clover coming along Mahoney.
    That ryegrass in the pic was planted last Oct and grazed until Xmas eve. Two cuts of silage have been taken and this is the third cut. It will be ploughed and planted with maize next week. The clover was goosed after the first cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

ney_j wrote: »
    Took a spin to Tralee on the Saturday and there was nearly 2 miles of tyre marks in the road[

Why do these idiots bother going to rally's??.giving real car enthuastitis and rally fans a bad name..bet none of them were up molls gap or on any of the stages.i used to go to a lot of rally's and actually go to the stages but thiscelement has ruined the sport.i had a mint 205 1.9 gti fully original with no manky body kit or loud exhaust ,I loved that car!!,sold it to a neighbour a few years ago and he brings in out during the sumner,still like new

Ye its gotten very big just for that kind of messing. I don't mind seeing nice cars done up well but its mainly lads in altezzas doing all them donuts.
    I went up the mountain on the first morning but didn't bother for second day. Too long if a trek after a night drinking

How's the ryegrass and crimson clover coming along Mahoney.
    That ryegrass in the pic was planted last Oct and grazed until Xmas eve. Two cuts of silage have been taken and this is the third cut. It will be ploughed and planted with maize next week. The clover was goosed after the first cut.

Absolutely flying Sheba ,will be given a light grazing with calves within 2 weeks then 2500 gallons of watery slurry and can with sulphur ,will be near field later will take a pic and post it up.couldnt of asked for a better start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Muckit wrote: »
    Link has been banned for irish viewing. :(

It's working fine for me, I wonder is it a browser issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Working for me too, and I don't have any patches etc for viewing BBC player etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

try this one

this is unreal
    and shes hot as hell

that's the same one GC posted, here's another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

And all over Ireland while the rain is falling, wives and partners are confused why their manly farmer men are watching sand art :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

.Kovu. wrote: »
    And all over Ireland while the rain is falling, wives and partners are confused why their manly farmer men are watching sand art :D

Sand art? It's all about the dollybird :-)

Absolutely flying Sheba ,will be given a light grazing with calves within 2 weeks then 2500 gallons of watery slurry and can with sulphur ,will be near field later will take a pic and post it up.couldnt of asked for a better start

This is the flower of the crimson clover Mahoney. This is what you don't want to see!
    Found this in the corner of the field while planting Sunflowers today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

Oldtree wrote: »
    that's the same one GC posted, here's another

i no it is,it wasent working for some people so i just copied the link so it could play when you click on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

In bed sick as a small hospital here, and wasn't drinking over the weekend either. Had to come home from work and hit the leaba. I'm such a bad patient too.
    I feel like an auld dairy cow that broke in to a tonne bag of meal and gorged on it.
    And yes, before any cheap jokes are made, standing behind me would be a risk :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

naughto wrote: »
    try this one

this is unreal
    and shes hot as hell

That is an incredible talent. Yep she is very hot aswell.

not as hot as Sally O'Brien and the look :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Ooooh Vicky!

This is the flower of the crimson clover Mahoney. This is what you don't want to see!
    Found this in the corner of the field while planting Sunflowers today.

Pretty looking weed!!!!,Tegasc advisor told me that alright ,just before flowering is when protein is at highest I'm told.i ted out all my silage at least twice,not a good idea with crimson I'm told,any truth??.will be cutting with my own krone mower,no conditioner

_Brian wrote: »
    In bed sick as a small hospital here, and wasn't drinking over the weekend either. Had to come home from work and hit the leaba. I'm such a bad patient too.
    I feel like an auld dairy cow that broke in to a tonne bag of meal and gorged on it.
    And yes, before any cheap jokes are made, standing behind me would be a risk :(

I've every faith you will make a full recovery

Pretty looking weed!!!!,Tegasc advisor told me that alright ,just before flowering is when protein is at highest I'm told.i ted out all my silage at least twice,not a good idea with crimson I'm told,any truth??.will be cutting with my own krone mower,no conditioner

Careful when tedding as you could lose some of the leaves. The leaves are where the protein is.
    How many kilos per hectare of grass and clover did you plant ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Found a good idea for lifting big stones on the site below...

http://www.visit-our-simple-life.com/Farm/Homemade_Farm_Equipment/homemade_farm_equipment.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ABlur

My phone wont allow me open any links which show drudgery!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

ABlur wrote: »

Smartphone:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

had "travelling salesman " here this morning telling me he was here to paint sheds. that he was told he do it before christmas and was after ordering paint especially for the job. bull****. as politely as i could i told him he wasnt goin painting anything. he wouldnt leave yard for ten mins. its after putting me in bad humour now for the day.

Just an update on this morning. I had an electrician working around parlour and had told him the story. I went off herding and the voyager landed back in the yard. The electrician was cute enough and told yer man he wasn't wanted. Fecking bastards, god knows what the lad might of gotten up to if the electrician wasn't about.

You love hardship don't ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

ABlur wrote: »
    Reggie. wrote: »
    You love hardship don't ya

Lol, where's the hardship & drudgery? Very good idea for lifting heavy rocks which are often in the way. Drop it onto an old car bonnet and away with the quad.

Easy find the lads with machinery and trafficable land on here :pac: :P :D

Lol, where's the hardship & drudgery? Very good idea for lifting heavy rocks which are often in the way. Drop it onto an old car bonnet and away with the quad.

Easy find the lads with machinery and trafficable land on here :pac: :P :D

Nah nag nag :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

First cut is fit to cut. Doesn't look like there'll be any silage cut this week, after looking at the forecast

• Advertisement

forgot to buy paper today, was there anything in the farming indo? I will be in trouble with my mother as she wont get to do the crossword:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

First cut is fit to cut. Doesn't look like there'll be any silage cut this week, after looking at the forecast

Tell me about it. Had contractor semi organised for tomorrow and then every single shower that passed landed here today:mad::mad::mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

Tell me about it. Had contractor semi organised for tomorrow and then every single shower that passed landed here today:mad::mad::mad:.

At least ya wont be complaining about drought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

One of those days where most things that could go wrong did, going to bed now in a minute and hope tomorrow's a better one, and a drier one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

We usually do the first cut in 2 goes about 10 to 14 days apart. If this weather stays broken it'll all come in together. Got the mower out and replaced blades. Greased her up and ready to pounce........ got most of them showers too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement