Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

whelan2 wrote: »
    forgot to buy paper today, was there anything in the farming indo? I will be in trouble with my mother as she wont get to do the crossword:eek:

Tip into McDonalds , none of the townies/kiddies/track suit brigade ever takes the farming supplement home with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

whelan2 wrote: »
    forgot to buy paper today, was there anything in the farming indo? I will be in trouble with my mother as she wont get to do the crossword:eek:

I glanced through it at the home house awhile ago , I dont think there was much of interest it . The father had the crossword finished aswell !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

moy83 wrote: »
    I glanced through it at the home house awhile ago , I dont think there was much of interest it . The father had the crossword finished aswell !

Myself and the oul lad have just finished the crossword....! Why did the paper feel the need to print the SFP's of the farmers operating under company structure???

Dan Ryan had a wee cut at new entrants in his article... He's of the opinion that most of them don't know what they are letting themselves in for as regards management of dairy herd... New entrants consider it to be a 5 day a week job?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Bought it for the first time in a while, felt I'd wasted €2 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Anyone watching tg4? The continuity announcer is just after making a fool of herself. She's still hot tho:D

Bought it for the first time in a while, felt I'd wasted €2 !

Ah now between the news paper and farming supplement the €2 wont sting that much . I find the journal alot more disappointing

Myself and the oul lad have just finished the crossword....! Why did the paper feel the need to print the SFP's of the farmers operating under company structure???

Dan Ryan had a wee cut at new entrants in his article... He's of the opinion that most of them don't know what they are letting themselves in for as regards management of dairy herd... New entrants consider it to be a 5 day a week job?...

Again I only glanced at it but I was wondering about the company with a leenane and cork address . Are they a cork farm that just leased the entitlements on a hill in connemara I wonder or have I it all wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Again I only glanced at it but I was wondering about the company with a leenane and cork address . Are they a cork farm that just leased the entitlements on a hill in connemara I wonder or have I it all wrong
    Seen that myself. Strange one alright. The Cork address is Bantry, which is similar type country to leenane. Con might investigate on our behalf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Seen that myself. Strange one alright. The Cork address is Bantry, which is similar type country to leenane. Con might investigate on our behalf!

Con never needs an excuse to have a nose around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

visatorro wrote: »
    Just an update on this morning. I had an electrician working around parlour and had told him the story. I went off herding and the voyager landed back in the yard. The electrician was cute enough and told yer man he wasn't wanted. Fecking bastards, god knows what the lad might of gotten up to if the electrician wasn't about.
    These f1ckers landed with my dad in 08. He told them no and when I landed back from work 2 on roof spraying away. Bloody 135 In shed after being done up , space sheeting!!
    Had to let them finish.
    Massive cost paid about half to get rid.
    Guards threatened to be called and everything.
    My dads 70th and everything ruined.
    Had 2 bad dealings at work with them also.
    Scum scum scum.
    If I get them back it will not be nice words used.
    Did not see 135 till next day Fuming.

Landed at a local man's yard and said,
    How's it Boss. Your friend up the road told me to call down. Man said if he sent you here he's no f ing friend of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

sheebadog wrote: »
    This is the flower of the crimson clover Mahoney. This is what you don't want to see!
    Found this in the corner of the field while planting Sunflowers today.

I taught that I read somewhere that it was a good idea that it goes to seed once a year as when it sheds seeds it strengented the sward keep the clover content up.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

I taught that I read somewhere that it was a good idea that it goes to seed once a year as when it sheds seeds it strengented the sward keep the clover content up.

As far as I know, crimson doesn't grow back after mowing?? And only goes to seed once a year. Why let it go to seed and take a low protein crop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

You can get a few grazings from it no bother, but when it grows a "stem" and you cut it, it's gone.
    It grows to the height of your pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

sheebadog wrote: »
    You can get a few grazings from it no bother, but when it grows a "stem" and you cut it, it's gone.
    It grows to the height of your pockets.

I'm a short arse. Will it stop at my pockets. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

Spread urea on grazing. Think this dull weather it would be ok. Not had much rain but a few light showers. What do rest of you think mad or not

Ah now between the news paper and farming supplement the €2 wont sting that much . I find the journal alot more disappointing

I could not have less interest in the "newspaper" if it were written in Chinese, never read them. Only buy the indo on a Tuesday for the farming supplement and even then I forget to buy it a lot of weeks.

The Journal I get each week as I have a digital subscription so don't have to leave the couch to get it :pac: It certainly has it's problems.

Yesterdays farming indo had 0 in it for me tbh. Most if not all of Tom Colls piece was in his talk in Athenry.

I'm a short arse. Will it stop at my pockets. :)

I'll second that...... ah last year's ploughing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

st1979 wrote: »
    Spread urea on grazing. Think this dull weather it would be ok. Not had much rain but a few light showers. What do rest of you think mad or not

Spread just over a bag/acre urea last week - was fairly visable on the ground after spreading
    Ground was damp but got no rain or heavy dew after it was spread.
    Next morning not a sign of it so either it was robbed or it dissolved into the ground - Ill know next week..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

ellewood wrote: »
    Spread just over a bag/acre urea last week - was fairly visable on the ground after spreading
    Ground was damp but got no rain or heavy dew after it was spread.
    Next morning not a sign of it so either it was robbed or it dissolved into the ground - Ill know next week..:D[/QUOT

start praying again there elle, maybe even offer up a live sacrifice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

just like reilig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

start praying again there elle, maybe even offer up a live sacrifice[/quote]

What would u suggest I offer up Charlie?

What would u suggest I offer up Charlie?[/QUOTE]

A few wh calves maybe ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

one of the modsa sheep......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

a young kilkenny virgin (if such a thing exists) and throw in 20 benson, he might like a smoke after

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

naughto wrote: »

one of the modsa sheep......

As a sheep, I take offence to that;)

Damo810 wrote: »

Nice, room for a lime spreader on the back :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

No need to fear out wintering cattle anymore. Bale in the back and go your best!

Enough for a young lad and a shovel anyway!! :D

Enough for a young lad and a shovel anyway!! :D

If you could find a young lad who knew how to drive a shovel!

• Advertisement

You beat me to it...... Damn it

Reggie. wrote: »
    You beat me to it...... Damn it

Thought ye army fellas got up early in the mornings :pac:

Thought ye army fellas got up early in the mornings :pac:

Blah blah blah :D

.Kovu. wrote: »
    As a sheep, I take offence to that;)

welcome back Kovu, was beginning to think you had opened a shadow account, and were posting away incognito!

But that would be naughty, wouldn't it?:D

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    welcome back Kovu, was beginning to think you had opened a shadow account, and were posting away incognito!

But that would be naughty, wouldn't it?:D

:eek: the notion of such things.

:eek: the notion of such things.

You love the attention;)

You love the attention;)

But a shadow account:eek:

That would be saying one thing and doing another on the sly. And I have been called lots of things, but never a politician;)

But a shadow account:eek:

That would be saying one thing and doing another on the sly. And I have been called lots of things, but never a politician;)

Different device, local coffee-shop, new email, who would know?:cool:

Different device, local coffee-shop, new email, who would know?:cool:
    You would;)

Nope, I can guarantee I will not be changing. Hard to get rid of a bad thing!

Speaking of bad things, anyone any idea how to get rid of Japanese knotweed? Other than move to another area of the country.

• Advertisement

Blah blah blah :D

Like the old man used to live here, he'd be up at 6am every morning, make sure he was seen, then head back to bed and get up around noon :pac:

Like the old man used to live here, he'd be up at 6am every morning, make sure he was seen, then head back to bed and get up around noon :pac:

i wonder why ;)

Damn he's on to me ;)

Damn he's on to me ;)

so ye are related:D

so ye are related:D

More like great minds think alike ;)

More like great minds think alike ;)

Are you sure. ye look very similar:D

Are you sure. ye look very similar:D

Yeah Yeah. How thick are your glasses again :D

Yeah Yeah. How thick are your glasses again :D

father and son on boards. what a surprise. :D

so who's the Dad ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Tip into McDonalds , none of the townies/kiddies/track suit brigade ever takes the farming supplement home with them.

There is a version of the independent that comes out without the supplement. I was staying in a hotel over a Tuesday and found this out. It hadn't fallen or taken out as there's always a small picture of farming section on the front page if it's in it.

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »
    There is a version of the independent that comes out without the supplement. I was staying in a hotel over a Tuesday and found this out. It hadn't fallen or taken out as there's always a small picture of farming section on the front page if it's in it.

I was caught out the same way one time, wouldn't have minded only there was a lot going on at the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement