Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Speaking of bad things, anyone any idea how to get rid of Japanese knotweed? Other than move to another area of the country.

I'm seeing more and more of it in my travels. There's an invasive species app available for the smartphones that gives ya info about it and allows you to report and log its locations.

Here's more info on it: http://invasivespeciesireland.com/toolkit/invasive-plant-management/terrestrial-plants/japanese-knotweed/

Info on the Invasive spp App: http://www.fisheriesireland.ie/Invasive-species-news/ifi-invasive-species-app.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

If you could find a young lad who knew how to drive a shovel!
    this girl does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

naughto wrote: »
    this girl does

That's gotta hurt

i bet it did
    theres some ping when it hits her head.
    got it off the horse racing thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

she died from that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,867 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

naughto wrote: »
    i bet it did
    theres some ping when it hits her head.
    got it off the horse racing thread
    if i got hit by a shovel i would be staying down. Daughter was here laughing at your one crying:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I'm seeing more and more of it in my travels. There's an invasive species app available for the smartphones that gives ya info about it and allows you to report and log its locations.

Here's more info on it: http://invasivespeciesireland.com/toolkit/invasive-plant-management/terrestrial-plants/japanese-knotweed/

Info on the Invasive spp App: http://www.fisheriesireland.ie/Invasive-species-news/ifi-invasive-species-app.html
    Could you post a link to the app please.

Cork Co council leaflet on it:

http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/pdf/786446050.pdf

Its all over the place, have seen it by the rivers down in south mayo.

put the shells of the liners, claw pieces and glass bowls off clusters in dishwasher today when changing liners, great job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If you ever see me with a car like that black yoke in the video, you can hit me on the head with a shovel as well.

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    If you ever see me with a car like that black yoke in the video, you can hit me on the head with a shovel as well.
    i was going to say that was me in the video and ye have to guess which one. But then if i was the one doing the hitting i would do a much better job

Oldtree wrote: »
    Could you post a link to the app please.

Its all over the place, have seen it by the rivers down in south mayo.

There's a link on the Fisheries Ireland link that I posted. Scroll down to the bottom and there's two links, for a smartphone and for an iPhone.

On the App you can log it and see where it's spread to already.

Don't mind "Shovel Girl" or "modsnip" its "Powerwashing woman" we all want to see! :D

A topic that caused controversy in Irish news, not to be mentioned again please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Just after spinning around on me new ride on mower, now to figure out which weanlings are going to pay for it

How the praying going elle

Don't mind "Shovel Girl" or "modsnip" its "Powerwashing woman" we all want to see! :D

A topic that caused controversy in Irish news, not to be mentioned again please

Kovu with a snip, that's dangerous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

whelan2 wrote: »
    i was going to say that was me in the video and ye have to guess which one. But then if i was the one doing the hitting i would do a much better job

Note to self....never insult Whelan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Note to self....never insult Whelan :D

I wouldnt like a belt of the turbo nozzel in the puss either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Just after spinning around on me new ride on mower, now to figure out which weanlings are going to pay for it

What did u buy Charlie. Need one aswell. Still have the push mower. Buts it's getting banjaxed and do sm I from doing it every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Once it don't turn into a burdizzo we should be ok :D

sea12 wrote: »
    What did u buy Charlie. Need one aswell. Still have the push mower. Buts it's getting banjaxed and do sm I from doing it every week.

Bet charlies one has a Honda engine

• Advertisement

Never mind the praying what did she sacrifice in the end is what I want to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

Ha was just at the same down in the sunny south east no rain last few days near drought really - cud do with a drop on fact
    What u buy?
    I taught ud need a 4x4 mower up ir country

Reggie. wrote: »
    Never mind the praying what did she sacrifice in the end is what I want to know

A small charlie bull:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Have to curb ye back somehow!

Have to curb ye back somehow!

That's nasty tactics :D

That's nasty tactics :D

Not one bit. I'm sure a bit of wavin pipe or a sally rod waved at you would be worse:D:D

ellewood wrote: »
    A small charlie bull:-)

Ud want to upgrade to the real thing, :D

Country full of small impostors

Lads never try cross barbed wire with a full knap sack on your back. I did it today and fell over and ripped my hand to shreds where I was holding on.
    Won't make that mistake again

Not one bit. I'm sure a bit of wavin pipe or a sally rod waved at you would be worse:D:D

Right across the back of the legs......yikes :p

• Advertisement

Lads never try cross barbed wire with a full knap sack on your back. I did it today and fell over and ripped my hand to shreds where I was holding on.

You. Are. Lucky. Could have been MUCH worse!

Not good green...seen something like that before with an engineer overseas but it was razor wire not barbed wire..... now that was nasty

Could have been worse if u hadnt been holding down the wire with ur hand the crown could b the ones in shreds now...

Ud want to upgrade to the real thing, :D

Country full of small impostors

You hardly want to move on a few ;)

sea12 wrote: »

Castlegarden 17.5 BHP
    Bet charlies one has a Honda engine

Nope see above, stay clear honda
    Ha was just at the same down in the sunny south east no rain last few days near drought really - cud do with a drop on fact
    What u buy?
    I taught ud need a 4x4 mower up ir country
    Castlegarden
    Tis bone dry up here, rain havin fcuk all affect after dry spell,

Castlegarden 17.5 BHP

Nope see above, stay clear honda

Castlegarden
    Tis bone dry up here, rain havin fcuk all affect after dry spell,

Castle garden wouldn't be any good around here. Can't take the heavy grass believe it or not. Tried one here before

• Advertisement

Lads never try cross barbed wire with a full knap sack on your back. I did it today and fell over and ripped my xxxx to shreds

Indeed. I bet you won't do it again! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Castle garden wouldn't be any good around here. Can't take the heavy grass believe it or not. Tried one here before

you needed a bigger HP engine. those 18.5hp B&s engines would blow grass further that a jaguar 890

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

It's sore alright. I once was putting a post in an existing fence drove the bar down about a foot and didn't look where my hand had finished. I went to widen the hole and made ribbons of the back of my hand.

you needed a bigger HP engine. those 18.5hp B&s engines would blow grass further that a jaguar 890

Not the engine it was the blades and table underneath. It kept clogging no good for heavy thick grass

Yea 19.5 hp and id bag left off it will blow it 50 feet

• Advertisement

Not the engine it was the blades and table underneath. It kept clogging no good for heavy thick grass

Stop rubbing it in. Yeah yeah yeah, you have grass. Good for you!:p

Yep have a castle garden. Only dung. Timing belt slips whole time. She has a Honda engine and all.
    Those stiga mowers look the job. No collecting grass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Yep have a castle garden. Only dung. Timing belt slips whole time. She has a Honda engine and all.
    Those stiga mowers look the job. No collecting grass

just put in the mulcher kit so

I know 5 lads with castlegarden varying in age from 1 month to 12 years old and no problems. The odd battery and a belt in 12 years is all my dads got. he services it himself yearly and drains petrol every winter

Yea 19.5 hp and id bag left off it will blow it 50 feet

Too much blowing going on

Stop rubbing it in. Yeah yeah yeah, you have grass. Good for you!:p

And the worst part is I ain't allowed put the calves on the lawn.... the kitchen commander says no :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Be thankful twas just your hand and not your purse you caught

just put in the mulcher kit so

I know 5 lads with castlegarden varying in age from 1 month to 12 years old and no problems. The odd battery and a belt in 12 years is all my dads got. he services it himself yearly and drains petrol every winter

I suppose they work with certain lawns but even with mulcher on I still had no joy. Was told I'd have to mow the lawn a min of every 3 days before it got too strong for it. It's a beast on fuel too

Muckit wrote: »
    Be thankful twas just your hand and not your purse you caught

All the young ones in Kilkenny would be devastated then :p

Too much blowing going on

Ah u have just relised u have bought too small...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement