Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evolve - 4v1 from the makers of L4D (multi format)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I can foresee the mountains of abuse from extremely angry and foulmouthed people about a player who makes a mistake or isn't up to scratch, kickvote ahoy.

Or, worse, that one asshole who tries to act like the commander and demands everyone follows his orders or else they're a faggòt noob and will essentially stop helping others. The joy of running L4D servers was I could get rid of those people quickly, no need for that crap in any of these types of coop games.

The amount of dead experts I see in games like World of Tanks is a constant source of amusement to me. Always puzzles me why people who died so quickly and early in the round feel fit to agressively share their pro tips with the people who are still active and in the fight.

I found L4D and L4D2 to be relatively benign communities - most players join it because they want to play co-op, and even if you are stuck with an awful team, you can drag them along in your wake most of the time. I've never minded bad players - bad players can learn and improve. On the other hand pricks will always be pricks. I've good hopes for this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sand wrote: »
    The amount of dead experts I see in games like World of Tanks is a constant source of amusement to me. Always puzzles me why people who died so quickly and early in the round feel fit to agressively share their pro tips with the people who are still active and in the fight.

I found L4D and L4D2 to be relatively benign communities - most players join it because they want to play co-op, and even if you are stuck with an awful team, you can drag them along in your wake most of the time. I've never minded bad players - bad players can learn and improve. On the other hand pricks will always be pricks. I've good hopes for this game.

Truer words were never spoken lad!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Release Date confirmed to be the 21st of October, looking forward to this!
    2K Games has announced a worldwide Evolve release date of October 21 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Consumers who pre-orders the game from participating retailers will receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the Savage Goliath skin at launch, and a new monster character post-launch. Select retailers will also be offering the Exterminator Weapon Skin Pack or Instant Hunter Pack as pre-order bonuses.

Source

Edit: Here is a video on Gametrailers showing off some of the new characters. They have confirmed there will be 12+ maps, more gamemodes, hunters and monsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

That's cool - multiple characters for each class, with different abilities and weapons? Awesome! Really excited for this one.

Video here from EuroGamer talking a bit about the new classes, and how it may not be the game you think it is. The footage is largely the same as from the video Benzino posted, but gives EuroGamer dude's opinion (for whatever that's worth these days).

Didn't watch? Basically the previewer says he hated it at first because he was expecting something more like Left 4 Dead with one overpowered tank as the enemy. By the end he has come full circle, saying it's much smarter than that. And if you play it smartly, and with friends, it should be great fun.

And sure while we're at it, here's a hands-on from PC Gamer.

Edit: And another hands-on video/interviewy thing.

• Advertisement

Another video showing the exact same footage as the last couple. :pac:

This time though, it's the devs doing the talking, so there's more info as regards the different abilities of the four new characters. This video also explains why all the male characters in the game are hairy feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Oh jeez.... Not sure I'm particularly fond of the characters voices.... Doesn't seem to suit the feel of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Anybody watching ign live?

They had an interview with the creators and they showed off gameplay from a match featuring the 2nd monster, a flying kraken

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Man that Kraken monster looks way better than the Goliath

Looks like Cthulhu LOL

But Id end up playing goliath.

• Advertisement

What was great (and what we were hoping for) is that it plays completely differently to Goliath. There could be some longevity in this yet.

The Dev revealed the game will be ready on Day one with 3 Monster Types and 12 Hunter types.

The official reveal trailer for Cthulhu the Kraken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I can see it now, my very first game of evolve
    I am a hunter and the monster is afk.... :L
    I really like the look of this game but I probably would of preferred some advanced AI monster as an option for offline or something

They're looking for alpha testers......

from North America. :mad:

Surprised you can't pre-purchase on Steam yet (not that I would necessarily).

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    They're looking for alpha testers......

from North America. :mad:

THATS ME!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Report, Ban , do something to him, !!!
    This isn't fair ! I want justice !!!....and by justice I mean getting to play Evolve

I hope you don't get chosen :P

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Report, Ban , do something to him, !!!
    This isn't fair ! I want justice !!!....and by justice I mean getting to play Evolve

I hope you don't get chosen :P

According to thing I just clicked agreed to, I don't think I'm even allowed to tell you if I was :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-04-video-releasing-the-kraken-in-evolve

Decent play tru of one level, makes me want to buy and not buy it at the same time.

Looks good from both sides POV but the balancing could ruin this game or make it one of the best. Still on the fence about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Yeah, same here. I'll wait for user reviews and feedback first, whilst keeping my fingers crossed that it will be of the same quality as L4D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

This has been pushed back, gutted it seems a decent concept/game!

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/08/05/evolve-delayed-to-2015

wasn't a day one for me, had some interest but now I've seemed to lost all interest due to mainly the time its been released now
    witcher 3,dying light, arkham knight
    oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oh god damn it anyway!

This is getting ridiculous now.. So many games coming out early next year when I plan on going travelling... I'll have some back catalog to catch up on.

tok9 wrote: »
    Oh god damn it anyway!

This is getting ridiculous now.. So many games coming out early next year when I plan on going travelling... I'll have some back catalog to catch up on.

look at it this way, when you come back all the games will be cheap :D win win:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    look at it this way, when you come back all the games will be cheap :D win win:p

I know... But it'd be nice if one of them wasn't delayed. Batman, Bloodborne, The Order, The Witcher 3 just to name some off the top of my head and now Evolve!

But ya, should have a tasty amount of free games from PS+ when I get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

I'm all in favour of "more polish", but as said, February is already pretty crowded. I wonder if the limited public alpha testing showed up a few snags that need extra time to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Fair enough that its to get the game fully in order but still disappointing, crossing my fingers for some open beta goodness between now and then

• Delayed till 2015 ffs another one...this year contains remakes rereleases and destiny...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I love the look of it, but if it's a choice between this and the Witcher 3...it's going to lose.

Advertisement