Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evolve - 4v1 from the makers of L4D (multi format)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I was excited for this, but I think I might wait till it's maybe 6 months old and has some DLC, 3 monsters might not be enough for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Aren't they released 4 monsters in total at launch? 2 released so far with 2 more to come?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

I think this was a sensible decision on the part of the developers and the publishers to be honest...

Let's be frank, the amount of FPS games that are dropping this year is laughable. COD is apparently making their "comeback" :rolleyes: , you have the most expensive video game EVER in Destiny dropping, Far Cry 4 is on the horizon, even the Halo remakes are being released on new gen. And that's not even taking into consideration all the other non-FPS titles that are coming before Xmas.

That's a crowded period. There's going to be winners and losers. And from Take2's perspective - particularly with a completely new IP like Evolve is going up against well known brand names like the one's I mentioned, it seems like it was logical for them to get out of dodge, work on the title a few more months, wait until after the Xmas period and then release.

Battlefield Hardline also done the same thing. It's a good business decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that there are an awful lot of quality games coming out during Q1 of 2015... certainly a more interesting bunch of games then what's coming out towards the end of this year.

If the game needed more time then fair enough.. but if this is a business decision it's a bad one. Only reason I can see it being that is if they thought it'd affect the sales of Borderlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

L4D series I got bored of so quickly, I'd imagine it'd be the same with this... :|

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

BeerWolf wrote: »
    L4D series I got bored of so quickly, I'd imagine it'd be the same with this... :|

It's a game to be played with mates over a few beers - little else.

I'd imagine this won't appeal to you for very long if you're with a group of randomers. The only saving grace is that you can control the monster this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Alpha sign up here

multi use code 09827-01776-12978

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Overheal wrote: »
    According to thing I just clicked agreed to, I don't think I'm even allowed to tell you if I was :cool:

I was not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Got myself a code today but the alpha is so short il hardly find time to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I signed up for the Aplha when it first came out but missed all the giveaways over the weekend. Will have to rely on RNJesus to bless me with a key!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Big Knox wrote: »
    I signed up for the Aplha when it first came out but missed all the giveaways over the weekend. Will have to rely on RNJesus to bless me with a key!

if you are on xbox one there will be a tonne of spare keys to be had, I signed up and got one and then I got a message from live to say I could have one as I'm in the preview dashboard program . So loads over on the xbox forums may have spares.

calex71 wrote: »
    if you are on xbox one there will be a tonne of spare keys to be had, I signed up and got one and then I got a message from live to say I could have one as I'm in the preview dashboard program . So loads over on the xbox forums may have spares.

Looking for it on PC, hopefully there will be plenty around!

Big Knox wrote: »
    Looking for it on PC, hopefully there will be plenty around!

No worries well I have a spare for Xbox One if someone wants one.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭chili_fecker

No worries well I have a spare for Xbox One if someone wants one.

Hey man if you still have that code I'd be delighted to have it?

Hey man if you still have that code I'd be delighted to have it?

PM it to you now

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭chili_fecker

PM it to you now

Cheers man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

My PC doesn't meet the minimum specs, so if anyone wants my code for the alpha, let me know. I won't be back online til lunchtime Thursday, so if there's a few of ye looking for it, I'll use random.org to pick a winner. Limited to boardsies whose accounts are over 3 months old and have more than 50 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'll take it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

mine came through today, so maybe people might start getting them soon on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have an extra Xbox One key if anyone needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

would be interested in a pc one, if someone somehow gets a spare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Looking for PC one, too. If anyone has a spare one, PM me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Polygon have 20,000 keys.. dunno if theres much chance of getting one however..

http://evolvegame.come/bigalpha

code: 40655-25380-23613
    referral code: PolygonGoneHunting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Got one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Nvm just as i posted that there it was the code for ps4! Cant wait for this love the concept of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'll take it

Your name came out first Sean. If you're still looking for it, let me know and I'll PM it to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭toxof

CODE for Xbox One:
    4CYKF-RJYH4-VVMK7-33PJM-WQWYZ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

XVII wrote: »
    Looking for PC one, too. If anyone has a spare one, PM me please!

I got a email off them saying if you download Curse Voice you'll get a pc key. Hopefully my pc can run it. :(

• Advertisement

Got my PC code this morning :)

Advertisement