Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Broadband Misadvertising

Options
  • 11-02-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Dear Eircom,
    I tried to make a formal complaint today over the phone but my issue wasn't getting through.

I switched from 6 Mbps Vodafone Business Broadband. I signed up to your €30 per month business "Landline + Unlimited Broadband plan". During the signup call, I asked if the broadband was in fact "Unlimited" and no actual limit in the terms and conditions. His answer was "Yes".

A few days passed and I was switched to Eircom. Great, except to my horror I found that my line speed was changed from 6 Mbps to 3 Mbps. My line is capable of 6.8 Mbps.

Your sales team has told me that all the plans on your business page are actually limited to 3 Mbps. They forced me to upgrade to your "12 Mbps Download / 1.1 Mbps Upload Unlimited Broadband service" for an extra €15 per month. Now considering I don't use the office phone at all, this is no longer a cheap service.

This is down right disgraceful! LOOK at your terms of service!

*Terms and Conditions for €30.00 bundle
    Includes Talktime for Business Level 1 and eFibre Business Professional. Where eFibre is not available a DSL service alternative will be provided and broadband speeds may be lower. A €17.00 monthly discount will be applied to the monthly commitment for duration of contract on Talktime for Business Level 1. This discount is subject to usage remaining within the Level 1 allowance. Should usage increase and account moves to a higher level of the plan, this discount will not apply. Talktime and Broadband subject to 12 month contract. Prices quoted ex VAT and valid for duration of the contract. General terms, conditions and fair usage policy apply. Closing date 28th February 2014.

No where does it say the speed or bandwidth is limited. It says "Where eFibre is not available a DSL service alternative will be provided and broadband speeds may be lower." This is stating that the DSL service is slower. It does NOT say that the speed is LIMITED to 3 Mbps. This is false advertising.

EDIT: I was also told I am on a 30 GB download limit because the exchange is not "NGB" yet. Not exactly UNLIMITED is it?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BulliteShot

I'm not sure why this hasn't been responded to despite me forwarding it to sales by email.

I made a follow up call to your customer services today. He informed me I'm now on an "up to 8 Mbps broadband package with no download limit for €30 per month".

My connection switched back to 6 Mbps this morning and I'll a happy customer again. After 3 weeks, I've FINALLY got the service that was advertised.

I don't know why I had to jump through so many loops for this and the way nobody has even been in touch with me to tell me this has been resolved doesn't look good on your management side either.

As I told your sales team, I SINCERELY hope that your terms are made more clear. NOBODY should have to go through this to get what was advertised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I'm not sure why this hasn't been responded to despite me forwarding it to sales by email.

I made a follow up call to your customer services today. He informed me I'm now on an "up to 8 Mbps broadband package with no download limit for €30 per month".

My connection switched back to 6 Mbps this morning and I'll a happy customer again. After 3 weeks, I've FINALLY got the service that was advertised.

I don't know why I had to jump through so many loops for this and the way nobody has even been in touch with me to tell me this has been resolved doesn't look good on your management side either.

As I told your sales team, I SINCERELY hope that your terms are made more clear. NOBODY should have to go through this to get what was advertised.
    Hi BulliteShot

I'm sorry to see your post was not replied to before now but I'm glad to hear this has been resolved for you. It seems you were transfered on to an non NGB plan in error, if you would like to PM me your account number I will look in to this further to make sure you receive a rebate for any incorrect charges this may have caused.

Thanks

Ak

Yes, that is correct. My exchange is not NGB yet. When I signed up the guy on the phone told me otherwise though.

However, the business plan states "Where eFibre is not available a DSL service alternative will be provided and broadband speeds may be lower."

It's still advertised as "Unlimited Broadband" and it does NOT state that speeds are limited. It also does NOT state that there is a download limit. That's the problem - you can't let your customers assume that they're getting anything less than Unlimited Broadband.

It's was a nightmare getting this through to customer service. If I PM you my details please can you assure me that I'm not going to be paying any more or put on a different plan. 

Yes, that is correct. My exchange is not NGB yet. When I signed up the guy on the phone told me otherwise though.

However, the business plan states "Where eFibre is not available a DSL service alternative will be provided and broadband speeds may be lower."

It's still advertised as "Unlimited Broadband" and it does NOT state that speeds are limited. It also does NOT state that there is a download limit. That's the problem - you can't let your customers assume that they're getting anything less than Unlimited Broadband.

It's was a nightmare getting this through to customer service. If I PM you my details please can you assure me that I'm not going to be paying any more or put on a different plan.

HI BulliteShot

While you are more than welcome to PM me your account number as I can arrange a rebate for the errors made and inconvenience I will be unable to do as you request in assure you that the plan you signed up for will have variances of dofferences in the one now applied to your account. This is because all such business matters must go through the busines accounts service centre.

The busines service centre can be contacted on free phone 1800601701.

Thanks

Al

I have sent you a PM. 

That was the number I called earlier who told me my package and pricing was now what I expected.

• Advertisement

I have sent you a PM. 

That was the number I called earlier who told me my package and pricing was now what I expected.
    Thanks BulliteShot

I'll look in to this as soon as I can and get back to you then.

Al

Advertisement