Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polycarbon greenhouse panels - cheapest?

• 11-02-2014 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can find the best value polycarbon panels in the region of Rush, Swords etc. My greenhouse really took a battering this winter and I want to replace the broken glass with polycarbon but they seem to be very expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

It might be cheaper to buy a new polycarbonate greenhouse than just the panels!
    If the wind blew out your glass it sounds like you are in an exposed spot or there is some fault with your frame perhaps. Either way, polycarbonate panels would probably blow out easier than glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

I've bought from Goldstar in the past.If you can cut larger sheets to size yourself it'll work out a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The polycarbonate panes flex in the wind and are more likely to just blow out than glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

looksee wrote: »
    The polycarbonate panes flex in the wind and are more likely to just blow out than glass.

Depends on the thickness you go for, but even if they do blow out, they won't shatter. It'd take a lot of pressure to bow a 3mm panel. You can seal around them with clear silicone and they'll go no where.

Advertisement