Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Routine advice

• 11-02-2014 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Been going to the gym for about 3 months now and was just wondering if anyone has any advice on the below routine or if any changes would be made to make it better.

Workout 1 (Monday, Thursday)

Leg press
    Leg extensions
    hamstring raises
    Calf raises

Dumbell shoulder press
    Side dumbell raises

Dumbell bicep curls
    Biceps curls using the rest

Workout 2 (Tuesday, Friday)

Bench press flat
    Bench press incline

Dumbell rows
    Pull downs

Barbell overhead tricep extensions
    Tricep push downs (don't know what to call these lol)

Would be shooting for 12-15 reps on all the above. Also go for a 5 mile run on the threadmill after my weights session on Monday and go for a 5 mile run before my weight sessions on Tuesday and Thursday. Would do core work most nights in the gym also. The reason I don't go gym at the weekend is because i usually have a match or training.

Any advice on the above would be appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Age, height, weight and goals? Also what weight is used on all exercises. At first glance you're missing the big compound moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Age, height, weight and goals? Also what weight is used on all exercises. At first glance you're missing the big compound moves.

23, 6'3 15 stone. Weight loss, general strenght and fitness for sport. I know i probably should be squatting but the facilities in the gym don't really allow for it.

I have a tracker of all the weights used in each exercise at home but in general I can hit 12 reps on all the above. I do three sets on each as well. Left that out of my OP

Advertisement