Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada IEC 2014 - travelling alone (35 f)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

I probably wouldn't be heading over until August so you both will be experts on all the coolest places in Toronto! :) beer garden it is!

24hours and counting until we can submit our apps... eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dayo79

Great stuff ... well once again best of luck with the visa apps and hope to speak to you guys soon :)

Hi Guys, Just one quick question. What documents have do you have pre-prepared for tonight. I was listening to a girl on the radio this morning and she said to make sure you have all required documentation ready so I don't want to be caught short.

Hi dayo, as far as I know we can only click submit tonight and wait until the send us a message requesting payment and documents

Hi Flutterby33. Cheers for that. Little worried their for a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

hey...yeah flutterby is right...just click on submit tonight, wait for notice of submission in the my messages box in the IEC login (up to 48hrs) and then pay and upload passport and cv. it says 10 days to send that info but I will be doing it as soon as I receive the email to be sure to be sure to be sure!!

Spot on cheers

Well girls.....did you get it submitted ok? I did TG!

I did! Yay!! :)

Congrats :) they went so quick!!!

Brill :D ...I know ...cant believe they were all gone in 7 mins! I was shaking and my heart was racing!:eek::P:D:)

• Advertisement

From the looks of the other thread, people who were logged in at the same time and even before me didn't get them... we were lucky!

Hey Guys .. yup got in on time alright. The places went so quick. So the waiting game now. Fingers crossed. Just to advise CKgirl from your post earlier tonight dayo79 is a guy :)

dayo79 wrote: »
    Hey Guys .. yup got in on time alright. The places went so quick. So the waiting game now. Fingers crossed. Just to advise CKgirl from your post earlier tonight dayo79 is a guy :)

Sorry dude! :D ..... & delighted u got a place too...the wait begins now for the message to upload docs and pay. I can't wait to know for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 iec2014

Hey guys,
    I haven't posted much lately but just wanted to say congrats to all of you!
    :)

iec2014 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I haven't posted much lately but just wanted to say congrats to all of you!
    :)

Did you get in too? If so congrats to you too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Wexman2213

Hi all, Im a 26yr old male, ive had my visa since last august and am thinking of heading over in june either to alberta or vAncover.Im travelling alone so im on the look out for some travel buddies if theres anyone interseted.I plan on trying to get into a gaa club in canada and try get some contacts and work through them

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

wexman are you from wexford by any chance? il probably be travelling on my own also if i manage to get my visa in second round.

I am indeed,and yourself???
    What part you intend on going to?

Yes i'm in wexford aswel. I don't know what part il be going yet.. will see where the best opportunities arise. I'm an electrician myself so i would hope I won't have problems getting work.

Well there seeminly lots of construction work in alberta so prob be the best bet.
    Sure if you find out anymore private msg me your details maybe talk about it more
    Im from enniscorthy

• Advertisement

Hey flutterby33 & dayo79 . Did you get your CAL yet? I'm still waiting.....

Still nothing here....

Wexman2213 wrote: »
    Well there seeminly lots of construction work in alberta so prob be the best bet.
    Sure if you find out anymore private msg me your details maybe talk about it more
    Im from enniscorthy

not able to send a pm.. must be a certain post count has to be reached first

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

A big chunk of the CALs have been given out every day since Monday, in no discernible order.. But their deadline for giving them out is 2 weeks, so you're all bound to get them by Thursday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 iec2014

Did you get in too? If so congrats to you too! :)
    Yes I did, thank you!

Toronto here I come :D

iec2014 wrote: »
    Yes I did, thank you!

Toronto here I come :D

Glad to hear that! I'm just waiting on POE and willing be heading to Toronto later in the year :) need to stop going out and spending my Canada money though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Glad to hear that! I'm just waiting on POE and willing be heading to Toronto later in the year :) need to stop going out and spending my Canada money though!!

Oh I hear ya! I'm trying to save and clear as much credit card debt as possible before I go, so have banned myself from going to any of the big gigs this summer, as well as anything else expensive :(

Just wish my CAL would hurry its ass up!!!

Hi all,

Yep finally got my CAL. Just waiting on my Garda Vetting form to arrive and I'm good to go. Still planning to head out by the end of May middle of June all things going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Shellieh

hey all

hope the visa applications are going according to plan.... just wanted to get an idea if people are mostly doing a solo r heading in groups??

Il b heading out on my own and it is a bit daunting to think of doing it on ur own. Any advice from people that haven done it on their own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

Im also heading on my own to calgary .... hopfully join the gaa team there.. meet new people there... very daunting going on my own

Advertisement