Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to be an interesting commute home

• 11-02-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

Snowing... haven't had to commute in the snow for awhile now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Snowing... haven't had to commute in the snow for awhile now

Scratch that, it's sunny again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I had the same thought when I seen the downpour! had flashbacks to getting caught 2 years ago!

Schizo weather. Left town and it was bright and dry. Get home and there's snow all over the place. It'll be an ice rink getting out tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

I drove from navan to donabate in heavy snow with a pisspot lid and 21 inch apehangers. I could handle
    The back wheel with a mind of its own, I got used to not using brakes and even dealt with my visor and glasses icing over.
    I spent every second thinking about being hit by a gobsheen in a car. Didn't happen. But I'll never do it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Bad forecast for Wednesday, if the weather forecasted appears there could be very strong winds on Wednesday. Take Care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Time to invest in a quad so you are not in a cage and not on a bike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

Got some snow last night on the way home, but that's nothing compared to the rain and wind this morning - worst ever in last year or two. Sitting here at work soaked to the gills.. inevitable rinse repeat awaits in a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Took a day off today - right decision I think :)

Scrap the cap!

I got soaked this morning on the way in, now for the second half where I get dryed off by the wind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

I had a courtesy bike (F650) instead of my own (1200GS) today as my bike was in for a service, while I would never have thought of a 650 as a small bike, it felt like a kids push bike in the wind this evening, a couple of gusts nearly moved me the full width of the lane on the N11.
    Picked up my own bike and it felt way more stable and planted, don't know if it was the weight or tyres but the difference was huge.

Than being said, if I did the whole spin on my own bike I would probably think that I was getting tossed about a fair bit!

I would definitely take yesterdays bit of snow over the wind today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I got soaked this morning on the way in, now for the second half where I get dryed off by the wind

What was the ride home like?????

Luckily I wasn't in office yesterday. But was meant to play football at 7.30PM.

After all the pics floating around Facebook of broken shop fronts and fallen trees, etc., I decided to stay put.

That was the first time ever that weather has stopped me from going out on the bike :(

rat_race wrote: »
    What was the ride home like?????

Luckily I wasn't in office yesterday. But was meant to play football at 7.30PM.

After all the pics floating around Facebook of broken shop fronts and fallen trees, etc., I decided to stay put.

That was the first time ever that weather has stopped me from going out on the bike :(

It was bad enough, the bike was getting shoved around a bit. Only good thing is the commute out the N11, M11 is protected enough and I am aware of all the gaps now that you'd get a nasty blast in.

Glen of the Downs had debris all over it though, needed to take handy through there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

The weather in the last 2 weeks is the worst I've driven in, I'd take snow anyday over it!

Tuesday of last week was horrendous, I got blown off the road into the hard shoulder 4 times on the way home, genuinely thought I wasn't going to make it home but I did :)
    Then yesterday, left work early and it was seriously windy on the way home but nowhere near as bad as last Tuesday.
    I travel on the N24, anyone familiar with it will know it's a really open road and I was getting blasted from all sides.
    Had to laugh at work colleagues who couldn't drive their cars in it but I managed on the bike :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

My bike blew over in the car park yesterday evening :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

:( Damage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

glad i'm not the only one that doesn't appreciate that weather.
    Was on the m50 on monday during the wind and snow, first time i've ever thought of giving up the bike.
    didn't see another rider for my whole trip either which didn't fill me with confidence.
    had to wonder what i was thinking when i was out during a nice dry spell today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Same happened to me while checking on my grandparents the other day, front fairing fcuked :mad: windscreen broken absolutely gutted! I hope yours wasn't damaged too bad! Not looking forward to sourcing the fairing for the bird, gonna be pricey.:(

Advertisement