Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psychiatric nursing hoping to do midwifery

Options
  • 11-02-2014 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

Im a psychiatric nurse hoping to do midwifery do i have to complete the 4.5 years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ciara1226

lobmo wrote: »
    Hi

Im a psychiatric nurse hoping to do midwifery do i have to complete the 4.5 years?

Hi im new to this site hope im replying in the right place suppose iv no advice for you but im looking to start into psychiatric nursing i was wondering did you enter it as a mature or school leave im currently finished school 5years but done lca rather than the normal leaving and really wanna do psychiatric work would you think if i done a plc in nursing for one year until im mature student would it help my chances gettin into psychiatric nursing.?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

lobmo wrote: »
    Hi

I can't say for sure but this suggest that you will have to do the undergraduate course as it specifies general nurses only in the entrance requirements. I don't think there'd be much overlap, if any, between psych and mids so there'd be an awful to cover in those 18 months. It may be different in the UK so maybe check out your options there.

Advertisement