Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA problems, direct debits

Options
  • 11-02-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

So I have had 2 of my 3 direct debits returned by BOI according to the companies applying for them.  No reason given to said companies.  BOI online or my branch can't tell me anything.  As far as they are concernd, nothing is showing on the system.

I checked with the companes applying for the direct debits....all my details are correct (iban, ibic) and the direct debits were applied for over 5 working days ago.  Ended up having to pay over the phone by visa debit and the companies in question has resubmitted the direc debts to the bank.

Is there major problems with direct debits and sepa ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Hi Flaccus,[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Thank you for contacting Bank of Ireland.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]As we do not have account access here it would be difficult for us to determine what may be the cause of this. However, Bank of Ireland experienced a processing issue last week which may have delayed the collection of your direct debit from your account as originally scheduled. If this was the case the collection will debit your account by 14th February 2014. Should you wish to query this further please contact your account holding branch directly or alternatively, please contact BOI365 on 0818 365 365 where a representative will be more than happy to assist you.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Apologies for any inconvenience this delay may have caused you.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]If we can assist with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Paula C[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NurseBridie

Flaccus wrote: »
    So I have had 2 of my 3 direct debits returned by BOI according to the companies applying for them.  No reason given to said companies.  BOI online or my branch can't tell me anything.  As far as they are concernd, nothing is showing on the system.

I checked with the companes applying for the direct debits....all my details are correct (iban, ibic) and the direct debits were applied for over 5 working days ago.  Ended up having to pay over the phone by visa debit and the companies in question has resubmitted the direc debts to the bank.

Is there major problems with direct debits and sepa ?
    I have just received a letter from Eircom telling me that my direct debit did not go through and they are charging me €15. However when I check my bank account, I see the amount they are complaining about went through on the 2/1/2014 and the next bill got paid today. I just check my bill and the bill thanks me for paying by direct debit that the letter today says I did not pay. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi NurseBridie,

Thanks for your post.

It would be best to contact Eircom to have this looked into. If you're registered for 365 Online, you can view extended information on the SEPA direct debits processed through your account. This information should assist Eircom with locating your payments. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement