Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax credit Lasik carry forward?

Options
  • 11-02-2014 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi there,

I'm leaving the country in April so I will be able to claim back my overpaid tax via p50/45 and claim back all PAYE/USC not sure about PRSI. I'm ok with all that.

However the tricky part is I will be getting laser surgery done for E3k and want to claim back the tax credit of 20% i.e. e600. Can I claim this in 2014, do I carry it forward or can I back tax it against 2013/2 income tax or do I lose it?

Thanks in advance

Richy
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

richy316 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm leaving the country in April so I will be able to claim back my overpaid tax via p50/45 and claim back all PAYE/USC not sure about PRSI. I'm ok with all that.

However the tricky part is I will be getting laser surgery done for E3k and want to claim back the tax credit of 20% i.e. e600. Can I claim this in 2014, do I carry it forward or can I back tax it against 2013/2 income tax or do I lose it?

Thanks in advance

Richy

Can only be claimed in the year the expense is incurred.

Advertisement