Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop for small room

Options
  • 11-02-2014 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

May be a weird thread but anyhow, I live in a small apartment where space is a premium and I'm looking to buy a desktop as my current laptop is on it's last legs but I'm not too sure whether a desktop would actually fit in my sitting room as it's fairly small. I've a few pictures in attachments. I'd be looking to have maybe a small table in the corner which would house the laptop but the room is fairly small the desktop would be placed where that current table is in the picture

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Why a desktop?

You could get a Small form pc. Acer did them i know for a while.

is the pc just going to be used for the internet? or gaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Dell, and maybe others, do SFF (small form factor) desktops, about 12" x 12" x 4". I've seen one attached to the back of a flat panel monitor; maybe one of these would suit you. Or just another laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Why a desktop?

You could get a Small form pc. Acer did them i know for a while.

is the pc just going to be used for the internet? or gaming?

I want to stay away from a laptop. Pc will be basically used for a bit of gaming nothing too much I usually just play Football manager, college work and surfing the web is what I'd use the pc for

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭notmymark

I would be more worried about getting a desk to fit in. If you find a desk, you will have no problem with a desktop... they come in all shapes and sizes these days

• Advertisement
Advertisement