Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic CCTV - Basic

Options
  • 11-02-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Evening all

I'm looking at options for basic home CCTV...single camera covering front garden/cars...to motion-detect and record. This is more for peace-of-mind security as opposed to anything heavy duty. I have trawled other threads...but most seem higher-end than I require. Bear in mind that to-date I've used a webcam and an old PC !. There have been break-ins in the area and even the webcam has been useful for the police in the past.

Anyway, there are "kits" available around €350...for example " X Realtime Atlantis D1 500Gb CCTV Recorder with remote access plus 1 X High Resolution 700TVL Dome CCTV camera with 25 metres night-vision...plus cables etc.".

Can these work ?. I really don't need anything special...but want something beyond a webcam. I already have security lights and a decent webcam...plus gates that I do close at night !.

Any steer much appreciated.

Many thanks,
    K

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

buy ip camera

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Raven_k42

Sorry...I meant "security lights and a decent alarm" !.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hi Op,
    Do you have an intruder alarm system?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Raven_k42

Yes Kub...I have a decent alarm...all windows/doors plus internal PIR. Separately looking at monitoring...but I'm happy enough with the house.

I've got used to the peace-of-mind with the webcam/PC...and just want something quieter and more permanent. Strange how you get used to things...but camera/recording brings me peace !.

K

Advertisement