Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pain

Options
  • 11-02-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Dont know if this is in the wrong section. So please move it if it is...
    So I had a c section 8weeks ago last thursday. Everything was going ok. Yesterday and today iv got very stiff down by the scar and theres a kind of heaviness feeling down there also Im experiecing cramps and a pain on the right hand side.
    Should I go to the docs or is this normal for healing of a c section? I know you cant give medical advice .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Definitely get it checked xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Go to the dr or phone your hospital. If you've come off your pain meds you might need some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lulu1985

The painkillers are finished ages ago. Think they have me a week of them. The pain stopped but seemed to have come back with a vengence. My partner is in hospital at the mo so maybe I have taken on too much and its all catching up on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I had a section almost 8 weeks ago too, and until last week/10 days ago I was flying. But then I started getting pinching or stabbing pains and as you describe heaviness. I just put the pinching etc down to the nerves regenerating - for the few weeks the nerves are still numb or dead but at this stage they start to regenerate so you feel the healing process a bit more. I then got my first cycle a week ago so I reckon that accounts for the heavy feeling.

I would say that it's probably nothing to worry about but if you are concerned its best to get it checked, if for no other reason than to get some pain relief.

Don't underestimate how big of a physical demand a c section puts on your body - you get opened up from one side to the other, cut right through muscle and fat, through your uterus wall and then a baby, much bigger than the opening they have cut is yanked out! Although the check up is carried out at 6 weeks, have no doubt that for a good long while after that your body is still recovering. Give yourself a break and try not to do too much. Easier said than done I know, but you need to at least try to remember yourself the odd time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you are worried, please see a doctor. It could be that you've been overdoing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Chara1001

I think you should see a doctor, I had what sounds similar but I had it checked and the doc said it was infected and I needed antibiotics

Advertisement