Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two different collection dates for JSA?

• 11-02-2014 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hey,

So on friday I got a letter telling me that my claim for JSA had been approved (hooray!) and I was to collect it on monday (yesterday). Then yesterday as I was leaving I had a letter - a more official one - telling me yet again that I had been approved, and I was to collect it TODAY.
    I went to the GPO and the money was there, so I collected it, and my receipt / slip says the next signing day was today..I'm not really sure what that means, does it mean next collection? And if so, then why is it available for collection two consecutive days?

I had also applied for the supplementary welfare allowance, and had a meeting with a CWO last wednesday. I didn't expect to hear anything so soon - was maybe the first letter them accepting my claim for the SWA, and then they the second was for the JSA?

Sorry for the long question, I'm just confused on the whole thing. I did go into the social welfare office and asked about the two different letters and the guy wasn't much help, he just looked at his computer and told me that it said that the money was available from today.

Advertisement