Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky

Options
  • 11-02-2014 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Anyone else having problems - no satellite service? Rang sky did all the usual but still not working

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Chances are your dish has moved (even slightly) and/or the LNB on the dish is damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sinkadinka

Hi there, our sky has gone too, anyone able to recommend a good local engineer ? Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sysconp1

Sky is working fine, the likelihood is that your dish was knocked out of line by the wind and rain and needs to be reset.
    Try Radek on 0851489611, he lives in Charlesland and is much cheaper than Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sinkadinka

sysconp1 wrote: »
    Sky is working fine, the likelihood is that your dish was knocked out of line by the wind and rain and needs to be reset.
    Try Radek on 0851489611, he lives in Charlesland and is much cheaper than Sky.

Many thanks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Raven_SK

having problems with sky i think it could be the dish due to the wind the signal is coming and going sky are looking for 60 euro to fix rip off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Satellite finder comes in handy if you know someone with one :)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

If you cannot get a satellite finder then there are some free apps available for iPhone on the AppStore.

Cerco wrote: »
    If you cannot get a satellite finder then there are some free apps available for iPhone on the AppStore.

thanks , ill take a look at them

• Registered Users Posts: 16 toxytag

Just a quick question Sky are coming out on Tuesday to install a dish and broadband as now cheaper then upc. Has anyone had there dish put on there chimney? As I can't put it on the front of the house and don't want it in the back garden also is there new broadband any good? Thanks in advance!

If they put it on your chimney make sure they use a lashing kit. Do not allow them to drill and fit a bracket as this can be unsafe.

• Advertisement

Did sky install it on the chimney for you??

i got mine put on the house, they don't put on the chimney anymore thats what they told me

Did you install on the front of your house? Other words mine would have to go on the garden wall and I don't want to be looking at that out the back window

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

To put a satellite dish on the front of a house technically requires planning permission, to the side or rear of a house is allowed as exempted development.

Yeah I thought that alright so really the chimney is the only place I can put it I just hope the will do it for me

toxytag wrote: »
    Yeah I thought that alright so really the chimney is the only place I can put it I just hope the will do it for me

They should be able to determine the best spot signal wise. I have seen brackets , like a swan neck, mounted on the rear of a house under the gutters. The dish would then point up over the roof towards the satellite.
    This would be far preferable than mounting on chimney.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Cerco wrote: »
    They should be able to determine the best spot signal wise. I have seen brackets , like a swan neck, mounted on the rear of a house under the gutters. The dish would then point up over the roof towards the satellite.
    This would be far preferable than mounting on chimney.

We had ours fitted this way as the guy said it might not be that safe to mount to the chimney as they are false chimneys

I think it's safe if they use the lashing kits that nearly tie around the chimney. Think it was digi Web who used that on my chimney before I just hope they attach the dish onto that

Advertisement