Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to This - Need advice Folks!000

Options
  • 11-02-2014 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭

Just bought my first Refillable Clearomizer Cigarette - The Guy in the shop explained that something must be replaced about every 3 weeks or so - Could anyone explain this to me again - just want to be sure

Ive been Vaping for a year but only using 510 based cartridges - bit pricey - this seems more economical - Here is a picture of the one i bought

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

That clearo (the tank on top) looks to be the type where you have to dump the whole thing and buy a whole new one once it starts dying, probably between €7-€10 in a B&M.
    You can get less wasteful types where the clearo screws apart and you can replace just the coil head, ~€2-€3 a pop online.
    The evod is popular.
    A clearo with a resistance of about 1.8ohms would give most heat/vapour/flavour.
    Three weeks is a long time, it's likely that's a 2.4ohm clearo and he's using juices that don't mangle coils (unfortunate problem we have - many delicious juices mangle coils),

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭liamtech

grindle wrote: »
    That clearo (the tank on top) looks to be the type where you have to dump the whole thing and buy a whole new one once it starts dying, probably between €7-€10 in a B&M.
    You can get less wasteful types where the clearo screws apart and you can replace just the coil head, ~€2-€3 a pop online.
    The evod is popular.
    A clearo with a resistance of about 1.8ohms would give most heat/vapour/flavour.
    Three weeks is a long time, it's likely that's a 2.4ohm clearo and he's using juices that don't mangle coils (unfortunate problem we have - many delicious juices mangle coils),

No the coil is replaceable - he showed me how to do it - alternatively i can get a spare tank on top (so he says)
    I am curious though - is this not a decent model? It certainly works a treat - very nice - has anyone else got one of these? where can you buy the coils

Ooh, well if it's replaceable that's good but CE[whatever] is a generic name, like calling your bread 'Bread'. Didn't realise the CE clearos had moved on.

Many CE* devices existing means many manufacturers means many different fittings as each manufacturer will have slightly different tolerances, so the only way to be certain a head will fit is buying frim the original shop you bought your device in, whereas shops that sell genuine Kanger stock will have heads that fit. Think that's why you'll see that kind of stock online a lot whereas CE4s or 5s are usually kept for the cheapest starter kits as a tryout.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Vape Freaks

If it's a CE5 rebuildable then this YouTube video has it covered I think.

Does it have a visible wick? Hard to tell from the photo.

Look anything like this when you take it apart?

ce5-clearomizer.jpg

CE4+ or Smoke Redux coils maybe?

List of Irish vendors here

• Advertisement

Does it have a visible wick? Hard to tell from the photo.

Look anything like this when you take it apart?

ce5-clearomizer.jpg

CE4+ or Smoke Redux coils maybe?

List of Irish vendors here

hang on il take a picture - and THANKS A MILLION FOLKS! really appreciate it! Id say il be bookmarking this page! Havent even tried out different juices yet

here it is - a little rubber ring ripped when unscrewing.. is this a problem? any suggestions?

It will probably leak now, but you could throw a small amount of juice into it and see, worth a go.

If it does leak, I would recommend getting a new, more common, rebuildable clearomizer.
    They're cheap as chips and the coils would be widely available on most any online store.

It's an o-ring to seal the liquid in. There are two for extra sealing powers but you should be grand - you might notice tiny flecks of ejuice on the rim every once in a while.

You might find o-rings in a hardware shop but not worth the trouble unless you're passing one.

doesnt seem to be leaking ... yet!

Folks can i get the more common Clearomizer for use with this battery - to be blunt i cant afford to buy a whole new kit and although this was fairly cheap id like to use it for a couple of months at least - the pack says the battery can be charged 300 times - and i bought it to save money on the cartridges for the 510, which were starting to cost me 30 a week at the rate i was vaping!

• Advertisement

The clearo:
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/evod.htm

The heads:
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangercoil.htm

Average 20-a-day to vaping shouldn't cost more than €15 a week, probably closer to €10.

Until you upgrade.

Yeah, the battery is industry standard at this stage. Almost any clearo you get will fit it.

The battery should last you a good while, at least a couple of months.
    Always pays to have spares though, spare battery, charger, clearo, juice and coils.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

The Evod clearomisers that Grindle posted above are class. Great little yokes.
    You can get 'heads' (the thing with the wick and the coil) most everywhere but if you want to order in bulk and save a few quid, you can get them from HERE. They should last you a week or 2 each. Free shipping from Fasttech but it can take an age to arrive.

Advertisement