Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interail Europe - route planner

• 11-02-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Hi, myself & my boyfriend are trying to plan/organise our inter rail trip. We are both early 30s.

Fly to Stockholm, then go to Oslo, Copenhagen, Hamburg ,Berlin, Warsaw, Budapest, Zagreb, Llubljana, Venice, Milan - Brussels and then back to Dublin.

What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Try fit in Krakow and Prague; both great cities. Was only in Zagreb for a day but not a lot to recommend it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

cson wrote: »
    Try fit in Krakow and Prague; both great cities. Was only in Zagreb for a day but not a lot to recommend it tbh.

Would like to go to Krakow but not possible with the inter rail ticket. Nothing stopping us from doing it separately I guess but I think it's about 6 hours from Warsaw?

Have been to Prague before so if I don't get to it this time, I won't be too disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Id skip Zagreb too myself. Not a lot to see or do. Try bled from Ljubljana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Another +1 to skip Zagreb. When we were interailing and arrived in Zagreb, we had a McDonalds then hopped on the first train outta there. Thankfully that train was going to Budapest and we had a brilliant time.

Dancor wrote: »
    Another +1 to skip Zagreb. When we were interailing and arrived in Zagreb, we had a McDonalds then hoped on the first train outta there. Thankfully that train was going to Budapest and we had a brilliant time.

Okay so slight adjustment:
    Berlin - Prague - Vienna - Budapest, that better? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Didn't like Vienna. But it might be alright for you guys being a 30s couple (we were 4 mid 20s lads). Nightlife is pretty ****e, unless you're a fan of techno and expensive drink that they expect you to tip on top of! Service in restaurants is the worst I've come across but apparently that's their 'thing'. A very very strange place in terms of the people. Nice architecture though.

cson wrote: »
    Didn't like Vienna. But it might be alright for you guys being a 30s couple (we were 4 mid 20s lads). Nightlife is pretty ****e, unless you're a fan of techno and expensive drink that they expect you to tip on top of! Service in restaurants is the worst I've come across but apparently that's their 'thing'. A very very strange place in terms of the people. Nice architecture though.

Thanks for the heads up!

Im actually late 20s but he's late 30s so thought we'd meet halfway on the age stakes!

Its difficult to plan with so many fantastic cities.

I wonder are there any train trips we would be worth paying for separately outside of the interail ticket as we're only planning on getting the 10 journey one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

See which journeys are cheapest. The bus from bled > Ljubljana is only about 6 euro and I think I paid for the train from Vienna to bled too to save a day on my five journey ticket.
    Id agree with the above regarding Vienna too. Its a nice place to look at but wouldn't spend too long there. Maybe one night but depends what your into.

Advertisement