Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evision connections

Options
  • 11-02-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads.
    I have a problem. My Bravia TV has one hdmi but I don't have a hd package.
    So I went to connect the Apple TV today but I can't connect it.
    So I see there is an aerial connection on another box I have that goes into a scart which works perfect.
    Can u point me in the direction of getting one of these wires or what there called 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Hello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Hi lads.
    I have a problem. My Bravia TV has one hdmi but I don't have a hd package.
    So I went to connect the Apple TV today but I can't connect it.
    So I see there is an aerial connection on another box I have that goes into a scart which works perfect.
    Can u point me in the direction of getting one of these wires or what there called 
    Hi blahblah06

Are you looking for a cable to connect your evision box to your Sony Bravia or Apple TV?

Thanks

Al

My evision multiroom box. U know the scart connection not the hdmi.
    how do I get one
    Hi blahblah06

Are you looking for a cable to connect your evision box to your Sony Bravia or Apple TV?

Thanks

Al

how do I get one

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

how do I get one

Bump
    Apologies blahblah06

Completely missed that post, sorry for the delay - will look in to this now and get back to you very soon

Al

• Advertisement

hello?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Scart Lead ? 
    Argos or any electrical store

its not just a scart lead. anyway it should be up to eircom to get this working for me
    Vico1612 wrote: »
    Scart Lead ? 
    Argos or any electrical store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

I would have thought it was pretty clear that there is no scart socket on the eVision box?  https://www.eircom.net/tv/equipment

or do you mean an HDMI to Scart converter?  If so I can't see how this is Eircom's responsibility - they provide the HDMI cable that they say they will?

I would have thought it was pretty clear that there is no scart socket on the eVision box?  https://www.eircom.net/tv/equipment

or do you mean an HDMI to Scart converter?  If so I can't see how this is Eircom's responsibility - they provide the HDMI cable that they say they will?
    no offence but clearly u know nothing about it. i have 3 boxes and they have to supply me with a aerial to scart lead. they do have them cause they gave me one so im still waiting on the other. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

no offence but clearly u know nothing about it. i have 3 boxes and they have to supply me with a aerial to scart lead. they do have them cause they gave me one so im still waiting on the other. 
    sorry for trying to help - but seeing as your request was as clear to mud to everyone else that posted on here as well continue on and good luck !

sorry for trying to help - but seeing as your request was as clear to mud to everyone else that posted on here as well continue on and good luck !
    didnt seem like help to me. seemed a bit condisending. 

I wouldnt have asked for an answer on here if It was pretty clear there is no scart and making eircom responsible
    thanks

so eircom still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Just get one of theses http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-HDS3-Switch-output-Switcher/dp/B0020426AG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393878910&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+splitter

The expectation for companies to supply scart leads is long gone. 

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭number_1

The Eircom box is a customised Netgem 8200.

http://netgem.com/datas/media/1314979741_fiche%20ProductSheet%20N8200-VUS.pdf

As such it comes with two cables for connection to your TV:
    • A HDMI to HDMI cable
    • A 9 pin Mini-DIN to Scart cable

We specifically requested the Scart connection to be used so the technician left us with both cable types. In my mother's house however the technician took away the Scart cable and left just the HDMI cable. The Scart cables are proprietary (I can verify that some other Mini-DIN to Scart cables that I bought online are incompatible) making them difficult to replace. A cinic would say that the technicians are keeping them whenever possible for this reason as they could sell them later on...

The HDMI product in the above post is irrelevant, it is just for merging three HDMI connections into one, not for splitting one into three. The other product linked above costs £70 Sterling for achieving what should be done by the cable that is provided for FREE with your Evision box. If the technician took it away after installation, complain to Eircom as it's your cable that they took away!

OP, the condescending tone of some of the posters may be regrettable, but don't let it put you off. As an Evision customer you should have been provided the Mini-DIN to Scart cable so complain to Eircom until they provide you with the cable that their contractor took away from your house on the day of installation.

Cheers mate thats what im trying to do here but there not replying to me

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

[quoteAs an Evision customer you should have been provided the Mini-DIN to Scart cable so complain to Eircom until they provide you with the cable that their contractor took away from your house on the day of installation.[/quote

No you should not have been provided with a scart, the contractor did not take the scart lead away. If you were to look in the e-vision manual it clearly shows you the cables provided, which are one hdmi, one power lead and a Ethernet cable and it shows you photos if you can't understand that. Best not to bad mouth the contractors by saying they took the scart lead away when in fact you are wrong about this.

Advertisement