If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround sound

Options
  • 11-02-2014 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi all? need your help.
    Recently changed from sky to evision.

My surround sound has 1 scart which I plugged into the sky then a scart into the tv n got surround,
    However the e vision box has red n white connection and a optical but no scart.

Plugged the scart from TV into surround all I get i fuzz.

So what options do I have do you sell a certain connection or is a new surround needed?

Btw I've no optical connection on TV

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Hi all? need your help.
    Recently changed from sky to evision.

My surround sound has 1 scart which I plugged into the sky then a scart into the tv n got surround,
    However the e vision box has red n white connection and a optical but no scart.

Plugged the scart from TV into surround all I get i fuzz.

So what options do I have do you sell a certain connection or is a new surround needed?

Btw I've no optical connection on TV
    Hi Blahblah06.

As scart is now nearly defunct most items now run on HDMI.

Conneting the scart from your TV to the Surround sound will not work as the scart on your TV is most likely an input and out an output.

Does you Home cinema have the Red and White inputs or the optical input connection?
    Is the Surround sound an all in one system or a separate system?

How is the Evision box connected to the TV?

You could go for the Yamaha YHTS199 pack priced at £199.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/home-cinema-systems/yamaha/yht-199/yama-yht199

This would have all the connections you require and more!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Evision is connected via hdmi. Surround sound is all in 1 and only has the scart then the speaker connectioms.

Would a red white to scart work?
    Hi Blahblah06.

Conneting the scart from your TV to the Surround sound will not work as the scart on your TV is most likely an input and out an output.

Does you Home cinema have the Red and White inputs or the optical input connection?

http://www.richersounds.com/product/home-cinema-systems/yamaha/yht-199/yama-yht199

Evision is connected via hdmi. Surround sound is all in 1 and only has the scart then the speaker connectioms.

Would a red white to scart work?
    Hi Blahblah06.

Hmm......

Seems like the one scart connection on the All in one must be both in and out? Very strange for a system like that.

You would have had the All in one connected to the record out on the sky box which would have carried the audio. Does your system have a built in DVD player and did it work when connected this way?

If the scart connection is both an in and out then using a scart block with the Red, white and yellow ins you could use this for just Red and White for the audio.

Perhaps you could list the model number or take a photo and post it up here for me to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Sony dav dz230

Hmm......

Seems like the one scart connection on the All in one must be both in and out? Very strange for a system like that.

You would have had the All in one connected to the record out on the sky box which would have carried the audio. Does your system have a built in DVD player and did it work when connected this way?

If the scart connection is both an in and out then using a scart block with the Red, white and yellow ins you could use this for just Red and White for the audio.

Perhaps you could list the model number or take a photo and post it up here for me to look at.

Sony dav dz230

Hmm......

The Sony system mentioned above has two scart connections one for in and one for out.

If you got a scart to three phono adapter you could connect the red and white audio outs from the Evision box into the adapter and plug it into the one the sky originally was connected to.

The DAV DZ230 does not have any digital connection on it.

The best option would be to go for a new system which will give you greater inputs and functionality.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.