Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone using Argos Pro Power or Everlast home gym?

• 11-02-2014 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I found a 127 euro, 59kg weight stack home gym at argos with the name Pro Power and also an Everlast home gym having 191 euros. I jut want to know anybody having such a gym and wants to know how it performs. Any problems with such low cost home gyms. If there are no problems such as juddery or vibration, balancing problems, I want to buy one within one week from argos.
    If anyone having any experience please tell, I will not lose my money.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Multigyms aren't usually recommended as the weight stack cannot be expanded and they are fixed planes of motion. Consider buying a bench, barbell set and a squat rack. You can pick these up second hand quite easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

U already asked a similar question and were told by a number of people not to buy it and to stick with free weights.
    If you are determined to buy a home gym, then go ahead...its seems you asking questions and not liking the answers....

for what its worth....
    yourmoney would be better spent on free weights or kettlebells......or anything else.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

My brother bought a similar type of home gym - different brand. They are not very good. They have so may pulleys that the cables suffer from excess friction and become jerky to pull.

They do not offer as much scope as say a flat bench and a barbell/dumbell set - which can be increased in weight as you progress.

I would honestly say do not bother with these items. Ours is sitting in the garge unused. I'm a frequent user of weights and would not consider using his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My brother bought a similar type of home gym - different brand.... Ours is sitting in the garge unused. I'm a frequent user of weights and would not consider using his.
    Snap!

My bros is in a room unused, rickety feel to it. Your everlast one is 191, you could get a fair amount of stuff for that, esp. if buying second hand. Also if you buy decent iron plates second hand they hold their value well, probably will increase in value over the years if you did resell them if you either gave up or upgraded.

To a new buyer they can look similar to what you see in a gym, but are horrible to use, degrade and have low resale value, pretty similar to a €150 mountain bike, it just looks similar.

The mains stuff I have & actually are a chinup bar, gymnastic rings, a dip belt so I can add weight to do chinups & dips, a barbell & dumbbell set (cast iron avoid vinyl ones).

Advertisement