Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTWEA?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Finding out if you have the chops to run a Business is a damn sight better than sitting on your Chops.

Absolutely.

Just keep in mind if you're looking for finance to find out, there will probably be conditions attached, minimum standards of preparedness to prove etc etc. That applies equally to all types of finance; loans, investors, BTWEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

You've got to speculate to accumulate, I think part of the point here is that it would be better practise for sw/fas/intreo to adopt a similar attitude rather than stagnating things with sometimes unwarranted beauracy and form filling. I think the figures Eirehotspur provided showed this would make since, most people will do everything they can not to sign back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

"You have to speculate to accumulate"...one of my favourite sayings.

I will tell you this....I am done dealing with suits and civil servants across a desk whom you may as well be explaining stuff to in Japanese for all the interest they show.
    Graham wrote: »
    Absolutely.

Just keep in mind if you're looking for finance to find out, there will probably be conditions attached, minimum standards of preparedness to prove etc etc. That applies equally to all types of finance; loans, investors, BTWEA.

That is true for the suits in Banks, BTWEA Facilitators, Investors etc but I won't be dealing with them....if I wanted to jump through all those hoops for someone I would have been a Dog at Crufts.

In about two months time...I am going to lay my hands on the finances to find out....the only condition and minimum standard they have is you pay back what you state you will pay back each week.

It's called...a Credit Union.

HairMare wrote: »
    You've got to speculate to accumulate, I think part of the point here is that it would be better practise for sw/fas/intreo to adopt a similar attitude rather than stagnating things with sometimes unwarranted beauracy and form filling. I think the figures Eirehotspur provided showed this would make since, most people will do everything they can not to sign back on.

I agree 100% with what you say...you have come to the conclusions I have.

Luckily I am not in my 20s or would have been put off by the endless beauracy and negativity of dealing with these people.
    Let me guess...when you went to meet the first person, they suggested "great Business course"...they sent you along the chain to another person who "didn't deal with that" but recommended "a great Business course coming up" that just so happened to be done by their company and so on and so forth.

Ireland is the land of Corporate Tax Rates....it certainly isn't the land of Opportunity because the Bureaucrats running these departments are institutionalized and are just punching in a time.

It's called...a Credit Union.

Tell them you're building an extension and I've no doubt you'll walk away with a cheque. Tell them you're starting a business and see how you get on.

• Advertisement

Tell them you're building an extension and I've no doubt you'll walk away with a cheque. Tell them you're starting a business and see how you get on.

Have a look at your Credit Union's Yearly report and see what % is "House Renovations".

You miss the point Graham...The point is a Business does not have to deal with Banks etc

Go to a credit union....build up shares...borrow double...pay it back....build up shares....borrow double...pay that back....and so on and so forth.

I have been with this Credit Union for 20+ years...and have borrowed over 70k...I have a fantastic Credit Rating with them and have paid back loans sometimes in half the time agreed....if they won't give me double my Shares in a loan for whatever reason at this time...I would not be with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I agree 100% with what you say...you have come to the conclusions I have.
    Luckily I am not in my 20s or would have been put off by the endless beauracy and negativity of dealing with these people.
    Let me guess...when you went to meet the first person, they suggested "great Business course"...they sent you along the chain to another person who "didn't deal with that" but recommended "a great Business course coming up" that just so happened to be done by their company and so on and so forth.

Ireland is the land of Corporate Tax Rates....it certainly isn't the land of Opportunity because the Bureaucrats running these departments are institutionalized and are just punching in a time.

If you are such an expert and fan of HairMare’s business project why not put your money where your mouth is and back her yourself?

I have been with this Credit Union for 20+ years...and have borrowed over 70k...I have a fantastic Credit Rating with them and have paid back loans sometimes in half the time agreed....if they won't give me double my Shares in a loan for whatever reason at this time...I would not be with them.

Congratulations, but probably not helpful to the OP.

If you are such an expert and fan of HairMare’s business project why not put your money where your mouth is and back her yourself?

I think it's the basic common sense that eirehotspur likes.

Congratulations, but probably not helpful to the OP.

Hi Graham in essence it is but can only free up a token amount in the short term. But it's a better than a kick from a horse!

• Advertisement

Have a look at your Credit Union's Yearly report and see what % is "House Renovations".

You miss the point Graham...The point is a Business does not have to deal with Banks etc

Go to a credit union....build up shares...borrow double...pay it back....build up shares....borrow double...pay that back....and so on and so forth.

Best of luck with cu, at least with them in general they are rational minded and will work with you as best they can. Mine was willing to free up small amount for start up so it can be done. But the best thing is I can come back to them six months and see what can be done.

Ehhhhhhh........Because I am going into Business myself....if you read a few posts up??????????

HairMare wrote: »
    I think it's the basic common sense that eirehotspur likes.

Absolutely right!!!

You seem to have more than your fair share of common sense.

Thanks, thinking of bottling and selling:-) it, seems to be gap in market.

Advertisement