Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physio Vs Occupational Therapy

Options
  • 11-02-2014 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Having hit the 30 club this year I'm looking to bite the bullet and change my career

I completed a Social Science degree a number of years ago and am now looking into physiotherapy and occupational therapy. Accelerated masters courses for both professions are very hard to get into here and i'm open to the idea of heading to the UK to study.

I've talked to some people in both professions but have heard conflicting reports regarding job opportunities. Just wondering if anyone has thoughts regarding job opportunities....which one would you do...physio or OT?

Also if anyone has any recommendations regarding colleges in the UK I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

I can't help you as far as colleges go, but in terms of job prospects I think physio might be a better option, simply because there are more opportunities in private practice than there is with OT.
    Of course that could all change depending on where you want to live and practice.
    Which are you more interested in? Job prospects alone probably shouldn't be the deciding factor.

Advertisement