Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Under The Skin (Jonathan Glazer)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I learned a lesson here. Never judge a book by its cover. I dismissed this last year as a species rip off, a film I did not like anyway.

However this was brilliant. Really atmospheric, authentic, captivating. A late contender for me for film of 2014

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Two videos that I reckon are worth a quick bump of the thread (and possibly reignite some discussion about one of the most fascinating films of recent years :)).

First, some peculiar shorts/ads/whatever Glazer put together for Channel 4. Some very potent images and mood building in very short spaces of time, almost like visual haikus:

And I'm not sure why exactly Rian Johnson ended up introducing the film at the BFI, but he did, and his thoughts on the film are articulate and intriguing. It's nice to hear a director talking about somebody else's work in such a passionate way - and an interesting contrast since I first saw the film with Glazer in attendance and he was very soft-spoken and uncomfortable (not a bad thing, TBH, I feel the whole Q&A business is rather unnatural).

Anyway, more evidence of why I'm hoping Johnson goes and does his own thing again once he's finished slumming it in a galaxy far, far away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alex.middleton

fairly "art house" film which that requires some interpretation of imagery by the viewer to fully grasp the plot of the film

Advertisement