Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Lego movie sets?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

So Lego use GW pricing tactics basically?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Hoofball

Smyths are selling 70810 MetalBeards Sea Cow for €219.99 at the moment (online anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hoofball wrote: »
    Smyths are selling 70810 MetalBeards Sea Cow for €219.99 at the moment (online anyway)

That is confusing as hell... Miss pricing? 219eu looks a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Well they have some crazy pricing, look at the Death Star it's almost 100 less than on Lego.com

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

At the same time though they often sell stuff at higher prices as well.

• Advertisement

That is confusing as hell... Miss pricing? 219eu looks a lot better.

Yeah, I'm thinking about it for that price as it looks like a cool set. The pricing in general seems to be all over the place. If I see a set I want, I have to check about six different places and I'll generally see different prices in all of them.

I should have tried to add to the basket before I posted :o

This message pops up:
    Sorry this item is currently out of stock in our online store and not available for home delivery.
    Next available date : 31 Mar 2014

Oh well - it gives me an extra month to save the pennies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

well, in this case you dont need to look at states. Look at UK vs Ireland I posted above. Does not make sense at all. Even worse when Lego dont need to pay for License of Sea cow!

Just on this - I don't think that is entirely accurate. While the movie is obviously based on their own IP, the characters, locations etc. are creations and therefore property (to some extent) of Warner Bros. I don't know the full ins and outs but I believe there is some licensing structure there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I should have tried to add to the basket before I posted :o

This message pops up:
    Sorry this item is currently out of stock in our online store and not available for home delivery.
    Next available date : 31 Mar 2014

Oh well - it gives me an extra month to save the pennies.

I see there are two on Adverts, their prices my be negotiable if Smyths are going to be selling for 220 in a few weeks.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

I've been casually collecting Minifigs for the last couple of years whilst admiring the Modular series never thinking I'd actually be bothered to buy and build a set. Then I went to see the Lego Movie with the missus and that changed, so many of the Minifigs and sets looked so good I decided I'd have to go ahead get one.

Went for Metal Beard's Duel, the first lego set I'd built in 20 years and I really really enjoyed it. So different from the retro space sets I had the first time around when they were new and well, space aged!

Its a great set, large and well articulated with some nice detail touches, I'll definitely be getting another set or two from the theme.

298331.jpg

298332.jpg

298333.jpg

298334.jpg

298335.jpg

• Advertisement

Just to let you know, I was able to place the order for the Sea Cow (70810) on Smyths web site today for the €219.99 price. Haven't gotten tracking number yet but typically once the order is gone through I get the items within a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just to let you know, I was able to place the order for the Sea Cow (70810) on Smyths web site today for the €219.99 price. Haven't gotten tracking number yet but typically once the order is gone through I get the items within a few days.

219eu is a more fair price. Still, something that I cannot justify right now :(

I agree, also its a beast of a set, I'd have no where to put it!

Valentine1 wrote: »
    I agree, also its a beast of a set, I'd have no where to put it!

Any idea of its size compared to the LoTR Pirate Ship Ambush, 'cause that's a big set?

Yeah, it's just soaked up any spare cash I had for the next couple of months. There's a few other sets that I want (need!!) but it will be a good while before I can pick them up, mainly the Tower of Orthanc and Bennys spaceship.

I like some others of the Movie sets as well but my small fella likes them as well so I have leave him get them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Smyths in Cork (Maylor Street) now have the Sea Cow in store. It is pretty taunting but even at €219 I can't pull the trigger.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Any idea of its size compared to the LoTR Pirate Ship Ambush, 'cause that's a big set?

I heard 2 1/2 feet tall but I'm not sure. I saw it assembled in a lego store in the states a few weeks back and it was big, Tower of Orthanc big.

Nice!

Advertisement