Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day rate for builder Dublin.

Options
  • 11-02-2014 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

What is the average day rate for a builder through the books and cash in hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭893bet

"Builder" is a loose term.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr Bob

Sorry, don't know what the correct term is for such an individual.

It is for someone who will knock down an old extension and build the new extension and roof it, but not do the plumbing/electricity but will plaster the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭kilclon

15-20+VAT/hr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

just get quotes for full job

otherwise the job will take a year

just get quotes for full job

otherwise the job will take a year

OK will do. Will get a fixed quote so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

how will you guarantee that the new extension is built to a higher standard than the existing? perhaps a specification by a local arch or eng would be worth the piece of mind? and to keep the works legal / built to Building regs

Spoke to him again and he said he can do a fixed price quote, but that I'd probably pay more, and it would not be as flexible as per day.

He said it would cost 16k +/- 3k for labour at fixed price and that I could pick and choose what I wanted when I wanted or 18k (ex vat) for a fixed price and that I can't change my mind after certain parts had been completed.

His day rate is 150, while with a fixed price it would have to be through the books so would be more expensive.

Am awaiting a quote from 3 other builders, but none of them said they would do a day rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Mr Bob wrote: »
    Spoke to him again and he said he can do a fixed price quote, but that I'd probably pay more, and it would not be as flexible as per day.

He said it would cost 16k +/- 3k for labour at fixed price and that I could pick and choose what I wanted when I wanted or 18k (ex vat) for a fixed price and that I can't change my mind after certain parts had been completed.

His day rate is 150, while with a fixed price it would have to be through the books so would be more expensive.

Am awaiting a quote from 3 other builders, but none of them said they would do a day rate.

Good God!!!! It's hard to believe I just read that. You either need professional help or a 5 gallon drum of ky jelly cos you're about to get rode.
    Either wise up or lube up mr bob

We do not tolerate black market discussions. Op read forum charter before posting again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Mr Bob wrote: »

Did any of them tell you that the work as you describe it qualify's for the Tax Refund Scheme, assuming its your Principle Private Residence

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/housing_grants_and_schemes/home_renovation_incentive.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 LCI

I am looking for a builder (or handyman) working on daily rate. Because I have different jobs.

If anybody has information, please PM me. Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

LCI wrote: »
    I am looking for a builder (or handyman) working on daily rate. Because I have different jobs.

If anybody has information, please PM me. Thanks.

Builders in the current climate don’t work on day rates.
    What are the jobs?
    Will a handyman suffice or do you need different trades?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LCI

kceire wrote: »
    Builders in the current climate don’t work on day rates.
    What are the jobs?
    Will a handyman suffice or do you need different trades?

A handyman is OK as long as he has multi-skills. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Kolpe

Handyman Dublin rates €300 per day. Cash would be illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Kolpe wrote:

Why would it be illegal ??

Cash as in not pay revenue on income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Go away with your illegal, cash for a small job never killed anyone

Kolpe wrote:
    Cash as in not pay revenue on income.

Thsts called cash in hand and its not illegal either you pay them upto them to declare it.
    Cash is still legal tender.

Martin I will not be splitting hairs here. Just because you are on the rock and roll and doing cash jobs doesn’t mean we all do it.

Kolpe wrote:
    Martin I will not be splitting hairs here. Just because you are on the rock and roll and doing cash jobs doesn’t mean we all do it.

There you go jumping to assumptions again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Kolpe wrote: »

For €300 per day he would want to be very ****ing handy!

We obey the law in this forum. No further discussion on black/cash economy thank you

Advertisement