Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle V Spurs by Devo

Options
  • 11-02-2014 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

The Geordies are on a bit of a bad run lately,this could a good chance for us to get revenge for the1-0 delete at the lane.I've heard that the hero of that game Tim Krul is a doubt for them.
    For anyone who is picking their team for this game I suppose you better start with Dawson and Bentaleb and build your team from there;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Newcastle has lots of injuries so hopefully we get all points. I have to say I am not too confident of winning. I believe we have the better side and should be winning this game but we are not playing that well. Three points against Everton was lucky. We started very slow and not for the first time in recent games.

How the fcuk we are only three points behind Liverpool is beyond me.

Hopefully dropping Soldado will have a good effect if he plays. Not sure if I want him to play but he aint gona improve sitting on the bench.

Hopefully we set our alarm to go off before half time tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Yep,we have to get our first half displays sorted very soon,go out and attack Newcastle from the start and forget about this cautious start that we have been going on with lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

2004 was our last win there? Atouba scoring the winner. Hard to believe. Were good on the road so I expect us to continue our rich form away. No idea how he'll set us up, but we've got to win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Newcastke are delicate at the minute, so we couldn't be going there at a better time. Leave Lennon out, play townsend on the left, 2 up top and go for it ;) COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

WOW WOW WOW.....WHATS GOING ON HERE ??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Tippspur has only gone and jinxed us now!!

.. much more confident of getting a result tonight than I was against everton last Sunday. We are a different team away from home and as AVB might say "Newcastle are on a downward spiral" at the moment.

Can't believe we haven't won there since 2004. I'm going with a score draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ok so Newcastle have been very poor recently which would make you think that maybe we should be getting the 3 points here.

Wrong. This is Tottenham we are talking about and tonight Newcastle will suddenly play out of their skins against us. Leaving us to scrape a 1-1 draw.
    Hope im wrong. Newcastle really have been poor recently and spurs should be looking for a win here. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

This is the game of the season for us so far.

To me this could be make or break for top 4. Liverpool could be 6 points ahead of us if we lose (7 really as goal difference is massive)

Win and we are on 50 points after 26 games. Our next 2 games are very winnable too with Norwich away and Cardiff at home.

We need to be in really good shape after this because then we are coming into our toughest run of games of the season in March

Chelsea Away, Arsenal Home, Southampton Home and Liverpool Away.

After that we have played all the teams around or above us and our run in isn't bad.

Win tonight first and foremost as if we dont I think we are going to find it tough. If we do and manage to be still in the mix end March I think we are in with a great shout of 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

A lot more optimistic about getting a win here tonight than i was last sunday against Everton.
    Even though we were pony against Everton...How does that work???:confused::confused:
    I reckon our starting XI will be..

Hugo
    Walker - Daws - Vertonghen - Rose

Lennon - Bentaleb - Dembele -Eriksen

Paulinho -

Ade.

Would rather see our attacking 6 be...

Capoue
    Paulinho ----

Townsend ---Dembele ---- Eriksen--

Ade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

If he plays Lennon I will lose faith in Sherwood as a manager. Lennon has been brutal for the last 3 weeks and deserves to be dropped. You cant leave the talent we have on the bench and keep Lennon in the starting line up the way he has been playing. It would be madness.

• Advertisement

slegs wrote: »
    This is the game of the season for us so far.

Win and we are on 50 points after 26 games. Our next 2 games are very winnable too with Norwich away and Cardiff at home.

We need to be in really good shape after this because then we are coming into our toughest run of games of the season in March

Chelsea Away, Arsenal Home, Southampton Home and Liverpool Away.

Good point

If we get 7 - 9 points from Newcastle, Norwich and Cardiff we will be well set up going into March.

But imagine if we take points of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool as well ... we could be in with an shot at ... at the .. at the EP ... no, no I just can't say it :D:D

Anyway, we are Tottenham. We'll probably get beaten tonight and pick up 2 points between Norwich and Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

The match is live in Mayes tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Timothee Atouba scored the last time we won, a cracking goal on his bad leg having been shown inside by Steve Carr - I remember it well! He had a cracking game that day and Frank Santini was hailed as a tactical genius after changing his mind on a substition he was about to make based on the change Newcastle made - it was all very exciting!!

It really would be great if we could win to keep up with Liverpool.

The is live in Mayes tonight

Is this code for yids only, why cant I read it? Fcuk, must have lost my powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 heidiklum

Are the evergreen in cork showing this game? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Newcastle have injury concerns over seven players: Fabricio Coloccini, Mathieu Debuchy, Cheick Tiote, Gabriel Obertan, Gael Bigirimana, Yoan Gouffran and Papiss Cisse.

:eek::eek:

Obviously they have lost Cabaye and Remy is suspended too.

They're really struggling for a midfield and strikers!

Sissokho and Anita in midfield.

Ben Arfa and Sami Ameobi on the wings.

Shola Ameobi and De Jong up front.

One injury/knock tonight and they're in trouble.

Horrible fcuking team he's picked tonight

Hugo walker verts Kaboul naughton bentelab capoue dembele paulinho Lennon Ade

Verts & Kaboul? Is Dawson injured, or did he find the balls to drop him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Is remy not back for this one? I thought i read that.

I dont feel confident giving our performance on sunday but the players mst definitely have taken something out of it.

Also talking about slow starts i read the other day that we are yet to score in the opening 15 minutes in the PL this season (i am open to correction though seeing as i wasnt bothered to check it out). If that is true the its really quite irritating for me. Its in games like these that if we start strong against a struggling team and put an early goal in then we could have them killed off before halftime. Would put an end to the second half heart attacks

With toon being depleted why oh why doesn't he go 4-4-2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Im assuming that he wants to get control of the midfield and hopes lennon, paulinho and dembele will support Ade.

I completely disagree with lennon though. And i think there is only the need for 3 of the 4 central midfielders. Id much rather have seen either 442 or townsend playing.

But no Dawson!!!!!!!

heidiklum wrote: »
    Horrible fcuking team he's picked tonight

Hugo walker verts Kaboul naughton bentelab capoue dembele paulinho Lennon Ade

bollox. Just put Rose on my FF team. Feck it anyway.

Weird selection. With all their injuries we dont need so many central MFs playing... Pace and width would pull these lads apart. I dunno.

hope kaboul comes through this game without any more problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Glad he's dropping Dawson but Lennon should be benched too

Glad he's dropping Dawson but Lennon should be benched too

Or he could be flying tonight cos he's been so sh1te lately he is due a good one?

You'd hope he gave Lennon a bollockin, I'd expect him to put in a shift. He owes the team it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Strange formation, no Eriksen. Who's on the left, Dembele or Paulinho? That's a fcuked up lineup tbf

I reckon he picks the team like a bingo caller would?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

no Eriksen.

He's having a Hair Transplant :D

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ohhh! Great work from Dembele and Ade very close to an opener

Advertisement