Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle V Spurs by Devo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Newcastle are horrific. **** I though Soldado might get a chance on goal.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Great second half great result.

5 points gained on Arsenal in 2 games. Now 6 points behind.

Hoping Fulham get something from this game.

Pains me to say it but things are looking pretty positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

irishmover wrote: »
    Great second half great result.

5 points gained on Arsenal in 2 games. Now 6 points behind.

Hoping Fulham get something from this game.

Pains me to say it but things are looking pretty positive!

Why does it pain you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

So is Devo credited with starting this thread? ;) Brilliant performance and result, so nice to finally trash a team too

joeguevara wrote: »
    Why does it pain you?

Because it's Spurs. Whenever you get a glimmer of hope they usually go out and lose their next game.

• Advertisement

Penalty Liverpool.

That's that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Because it's Spurs. Whenever you get a glimmer of hope they usually go out and lose their next game.

Man up and enjoy the ride :D

Man up my bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great performance and win, well done lads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

SuperAdeScoresAGoalHeReallyIsFerocious

When he hits the net for us

It’s really rather glorious

Defenders hate the sight of him

He really is precocious

SuperAdeScoresAGoalHeReallyIsFerocious

Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 heidiklum

7 points off the pace...pool result sickening

Win 12 cup finals and the league is ours:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Man up my bollox.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Brilliant performance from Bentaleb. Composure on the ball and pace to get away from his marker throughout. Repaying Sherwood's faith. Though one swallow doesn't make a summer, a few more performances like that I will really eat any words I said about him not being ready.

I thought we got fortunate at stages, as we really needed some world class saves from Lloris to keep the clean sheet.

Though I always thought Newcastle were there for the taking, we could have had a few more. We got them on a good night with all their injuries/suspensions.

Thankfully we got them back for the result in WHL.

Onwards and upwards! COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Credit to Tim for dropping Dawson, never thought that would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just got redirected to the first couple of pages of the thread ... When we (most of us) were ranting about the team selection pre kickoff. What do we know eh...

I doubt he dropped Dawson. More like rested him.

Kaboul was top quality though. Could really do with him back for the remaining 12 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Just got my Electricity and Broadband back after being blacked out all evening,had to rely on the radio for updates,brilliant win,wasn't expecting to hammer them away from home.

Yeah, Kaboul and Vertonghen is a very good strong/fast centre back pairing. Plus they compliment each other with one being left footed and the other being right footed.

I'd play Dawson against Dnipro and keep Kaboul for the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I doubt he dropped Dawson. More like rested him.

Kaboul was top quality though. Could really do with him back for the remaining 12 games.

Just said on Sky that he made a decision to with Kaboul, got the feeling it was a straight swap rather than Dawson being rested, said Kaboul had bided his time and it was a tough decision.

Yeah, Kaboul and Vertonghen is a very good strong/fast centre back pairing. Plus they compliment each other with one being left footed and the other being right footed.

I'd play Dawson against Dnipro and keep Kaboul for the PL.

They really do compliment each other. It felt like they had been playing together all season. Kaboul with a performance like that having not played much in two years.

Praying he's over the injuries and will play himself into a new contract. It does expire this summer right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

SuprSi wrote: »
    So is Devo credited with starting this thread? ;) Brilliant performance and result, so nice to finally trash a team too
    I was first in so I'm taking credit for the thread,this is only my second match thread start of the season the other one was in November and was the 3-0 win over Stoke and now a 4-0 win over Newcastle.100% record!

who the fcuk is Devo;)

Lennon with another 5 or 6 out of 10 performance...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I didnt see any highlights, so did we look more asured with Vertonghen & Kaboul at the back? Walker was bad? Anyone else play poorly?

Walker was pants. Nothing else needs to be said about that.

Kaboul and Verts played like they played together for years. Great partnership and hopefully both remain for for final 12. It's no coincidence that we didn't concede last night. Them two and ofcourse Lloris making some world class saves.

Lennon was pretty oblivious again. I'd drop him for Eriksen or Townsend for the Norwich game.

Chadli chipped in with the goal of the night shortly after coming on.

Soldado wasn't on long enough to comment.

Dembele was excellent again while Paulinho went missing at times.

Adebayor and Bentaleb the pick of the bunch. Adebayor got 2 goals and assist and worked his socks off. Bentaleb played like a 28 year old seasoned pro in his prime. Hat off to the lad I was critical of his selection recently but he was fantastic.

^^^
    Thanks for that.

No problem :)

But yeh that's just opinion!

Still can’t believe he benched Dawson, must have been a hard call considering he’s captain. He must of know his performances were below par, could do him the world of good though?

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Still can’t believe he benched Dawson, must have been a hard call considering he’s captain. He must of know his performances were below par, could do him the world of good though?

If Kaboul and Vertonghen remain fit for the remainder of the season I'd hope Sherwood won't throw Dawson back into league games.

Oh forgot. Naughton was actually an unsung hero too. He played well at left back. I don't recall a foot wrong and made some crucial clearances/tackles. So hoping we won't need to see Vertonghen placed at left back again.

If we could play the remaining league fixtures with those two at the back there were in with a shot, obviously Ade would have to keep up his form. Anytime I’ve seen Naughton at RB he’s looked comfortable, could do a stint there if called upon.

• Advertisement

Advertisement