Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle V Spurs by Devo

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Spot on that. Tim may not be a tactical genius, but he's learning from his mistakes at a rapid pace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Great to hear Capoue being recognised, big mistake if we had of let him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    Kaboul and Verts played like they played together for years. Great partnership and hopefully both remain for for final 12. It's no coincidence that we didn't concede last night. Them two and ofcourse Lloris making some world class saves.

Kaboul won 33% of his aerial duels.

Vertonghen had the lowest pass completion rate.

Despite us having a very strong and physical midfield and despite Newcastle being without Remy and Cabaye, we still allowed them enough chances for Lloris to be man of the match.

I agree that Dawson has been poor this season and I'm glad he was dropped, but we will miss his organisational skills and Kaboul and Verts need time to build up an understanding and to build up fitness.

I still think they are our best partnership long term, but I wasn't overawed by them last night. The clean sheet definitely had more to do with Lloris.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

We were a lot more composed in defence with Vertonghen and Kaboul together. It felt infinitely more comfortable watching them than Dawson.

Also Lloris made 3 clear cut saves. He was fantastic but don't think he was man of the match.

If this was Suarez we'd be calling him a disgrace to the game (Me included). Absolutely shocking dive!!

EntireLastDodobird.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

We were a lot more composed in defence with Vertonghen and Kaboul together. It felt infinitely more comfortable watching them than Dawson.

Also Lloris made 3 clear cut saves. He was fantastic but don't think he was man of the match.

Ah don't get me wrong, it's great to see Kaboul back. On form probably our best defender, although Verts is a better footballer.

Dawson at his best can be made look a fool at times with his lack of speed on the turn, and he's been far from his best this season, so he needed to be dropped. But I do value his defensive nous and I think we'll miss that.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

tippspur wrote: »
    I was first in so I'm taking credit for the thread,this is only my second match thread start of the season the other one was in November and was the 3-0 win over Stoke and now a 4-0 win over Newcastle.100% record!

who the fcuk is Devo;)

Ahhh Heeeeryorrrrrrrr, Leave it ou!!!!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

If this was Suarez we'd be calling him a disgrace to the game (Me included). Absolutely shocking dive!!

EntireLastDodobird.gif

Haha that's hilarious, one of the worst dives I've ever seen. Did he actually win a free kick for it?

He did indeed. But in fairness Bentalebs foot was high. It just did not need the simulation.

Damn French..

Everytime I watch it I can't help but laugh it's ridiculous.

My girlfriends brother hates football because of diving so I best keep this hidden from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Ormus wrote: »
    Kaboul won 33% of his aerial duels.

Vertonghen had the lowest pass completion rate.

Despite us having a very strong and physical midfield and despite Newcastle being without Remy and Cabaye, we still allowed them enough chances for Lloris to be man of the match.

I agree that Dawson has been poor this season and I'm glad he was dropped, but we will miss his organisational skills and Kaboul and Verts need time to build up an understanding and to build up fitness.

I still think they are our best partnership long term, but I wasn't overawed by them last night. The clean sheet definitely had more to do with Lloris.

Excellent post Ormus. Totally agree. Great to see Kaboul back and Verts getting back to match sharpness but if Newcastle Remy in their team the scoreline may have been different. Not to knock our performance & result but the score owed a lot to Lloris.
    Saying that going forward we looked excellent. Bentelab put in another outstanding performance. Ade is on fire. If we had a little more composure in the final third especially on break aways we could have had a few more goals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement