Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance for IEC 2014

Options
  • 12-02-2014 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

One of the health insurance requirements is for repatriation in event of major illness or death. Canadian insurers probably won't provide repatriation to Ireland as Canada will be seen as your Home. A border agent could in theory refuse your Visa because of this if they wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

Hi faith just wondering did you decide which insurance company your going to go with ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi faith just wondering did you decide which insurance company your going to go with ?

I'm not sure why you're asking me specifically, but I'm not entering Canada until august or September so I haven't chosen yet. Probably the go4less insurance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

Faith wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you're asking me specifically, but I'm not entering Canada until august or September so I haven't chosen yet. Probably the go4less insurance though.

Oh eh well i just asked you directly because u were basically the only poster here talking about insurance companies in ireland and i tot u may have info since you started the thread like 2 months ago thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Do you need to have Irish health insurance as well? at the mo my VHI is paid for through work, I'll be finishing soon so will I have to take out my own policy or will the travel insurance for the time I'm in Canada do?

• Advertisement
Advertisement