Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand Books

Options
  • 12-02-2014 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi,

Any ideas where in Dublin city centre, I could offload some books that I want to get rid of?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Chapters, various on line places. Adverts.ie, the other adverts.ie rhyming with funwheel.

Don't expect much.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Most charity shops will gladly accept them , assuming they're in decent nick.Alternately, into your green bin with the newspapers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

are they racey

are they racey

I got stung the other day. A guy in a trench coat asked me if I wanted to buy a DVD with Nazis, goats and nuns in it. I bought it, he handed me the brown paper bag and when I got home it was 'The Sound of Music'.

I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Dublin City forum

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Bepolite wrote: »
    Chapters, various on line places. Adverts.ie, the other adverts.ie rhyming with funwheel.

Don't expect much.

Chapters will give you a pittance for a vry few sorts of books...i wouldnt bother advertising books on adverts...alll you'll get is timewasters if any interest at all.

OP what books do you have,i might take em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Joe prim wrote: »
    Most charity shops will gladly accept them , assuming they're in decent nick.Alternately, into your green bin with the newspapers.

WHO THE F*CK BINS BOOKS!!! :eek:

That should be a crime :(

chopper6 wrote: »
    Chapters will give you a pittance for a vry few sorts of books...i wouldnt bother advertising books on adverts...alll you'll get is timewasters if any interest at all.

OP what books do you have,i might take em.

LOL self serving post much?

If their current editions of academic books they will sell well on adverts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Bepolite wrote: »
    LOL self serving post much?

If their current editions of academic books they will sell well on adverts.

Whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Oxfam have a book store, as in it only sells books on Parliament Street close to the Turks head. It has pretty much all the best sellers in the charts for €3/4 in perfect condition.

I would give them to Oxfam as at least they will get a decent price for them

• Advertisement
Advertisement